Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SImon Kenton @ Tates Creek Round 3 6A Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should be a great game they scrimmaged each other at the beginning of the season.
SK is running the ball great should be to much for Tates Creek. They had close to 500 rush yards against Dixie.
Tates Creek has a good football team.
I like this RPI nobody knows who they play untill after their all the games are played.
Northern Kentucky vs Central Kentucky going to give the edge to the northern Kentucky team in a high scoring game. :HitWall:

Simon Kenton 45
Tates Creek 42
How’s SK’s pass defense?
Frank Martin Wrote:How’s SK’s pass defense?

They have alot of interceptions.
Winner gets a trip to Louisville, yea!
plantmanky Wrote:Winner gets a trip to Louisville, yea!

To be one of the final 4 and at least an opportunity beats sitting at the house. Also, for the seniors it gives them at least one more game.
UK1fan Wrote:They have alot of interceptions.

They seem to throw some to given the attempts and interceptions to touchdowns ratio.
Frank Martin Wrote:They seem to throw some to given the attempts and interceptions to touchdowns ratio.

SK has 19 interceptions on defense.
SK will probably face Male if they win.
SK by 3
Simon Kenton 28
Tates Creek 14
Tates Creek 35
Simon Kenton 21
Tates Creek is healthy and I don’t think SK can slow down the TC passing game which has averaged 390+ yards per game over the last 7 games.
TC has some big line on both side and definitely some great athletes out in space, but IMO SK will grind and pound away TC. I take SK in a close game 28-20
I look for SK to pound the ball they rushed for almost 500 yards last Friday.
Does TC play on turf or grass?
UK1fan Wrote:Does TC play on turf or grass?

They play on turf and in fact most of their games were on turf... Like I mentioned earlier, TC are big up front, but they go both ways. SK pounding them should tire them out. Also their pass defense is suspect. I have seen TC play 3X this season. One being at Lex Cath, they the lead 35-6 at one point in the 1st half and Beau Allen torched them in 2nd half losing something like 55-56 or something crazy.
FBfan4life Wrote:They play on turf and in fact most of their games were on turf... Like I mentioned earlier, TC are big up front, but they go both ways. SK pounding them should tire them out. Also their pass defense is suspect. I have seen TC play 3X this season. One being at Lex Cath, they the lead 35-6 at one point in the 1st half and Beau Allen torched them in 2nd half losing something like 55-56 or something crazy.

SK oline is big also average close to 260 pounds. I think wins 42 to 21.
FBfan4life Wrote:They play on turf and in fact most of their games were on turf... Like I mentioned earlier, TC are big up front, but they go both ways. SK pounding them should tire them out. Also their pass defense is suspect. I have seen TC play 3X this season. One being at Lex Cath, they the lead 35-6 at one point in the 1st half and Beau Allen torched them in 2nd half losing something like 55-56 or something crazy.

Some inaccuracies but ok. Couple counterpoints. TC lines do not play both ways. Pass defense has been suspect at times but has improved. Also, SK is not a significant threat to throw it. As for Allen torching them, yes he threw bubble screens and bubble fakes with great success but he has done that to plenty of teams. Also, TC qb threw for 535 yds, 7 tds, 1 int and added 80 yds rushing vs Allen’s 484, 4 tds, 2 ints.. TC qb has thrown for 4038 yards (2nd overall in the state just behind Hartz) and he has rushed for 400 yards so far this season. I believe the combined numbers are tops in the state for total yards. If Simon Kenton gets behind they will have a tough time coming back without quick strike capabilities.
Frank Martin Wrote:Some inaccuracies but ok. Couple counterpoints. TC lines do not play both ways. Pass defense has been suspect at times but has improved. Also, SK is not a significant threat to throw it. As for Allen torching them, yes he threw bubble screens and bubble fakes with great success but he has done that to plenty of teams. Also, TC qb threw for 535 yds, 7 tds, 1 int and added 80 yds rushing vs Allen’s 484, 4 tds, 2 ints.. TC qb has thrown for 4038 yards (2nd overall in the state just behind Hartz) and he has rushed for 400 yards so far this season. I believe the combined numbers are tops in the state for total yards. If Simon Kenton gets behind they will have a tough time coming back without quick strike capabilities.

SK has lines up 4 receivers every play they throw the ball alot they have plenty of receivers but the run game has been unstoppable the past couple weeks.
UK1fan Wrote:SK has lines up 4 receivers every play they throw the ball alot they have plenty of receivers but the run game has been unstoppable the past couple weeks.

I just don’t think they are any threat to throw it effectively when they need/have to.
Frank Martin Wrote:I just don’t think they are any threat to throw it effectively when they need/have to.

SK has thrown for almost 2000 yards this season.
Is it true that Crone is out for this game?
Frank Martin Wrote:Some inaccuracies but ok. Couple counterpoints. TC lines do not play both ways. Pass defense has been suspect at times but has improved. Also, SK is not a significant threat to throw it. As for Allen torching them, yes he threw bubble screens and bubble fakes with great success but he has done that to plenty of teams. Also, TC qb threw for 535 yds, 7 tds, 1 int and added 80 yds rushing vs Allen’s 484, 4 tds, 2 ints.. TC qb has thrown for 4038 yards (2nd overall in the state just behind Hartz) and he has rushed for 400 yards so far this season. I believe the combined numbers are tops in the state for total yards. If Simon Kenton gets behind they will have a tough time coming back without quick strike capabilities.
Sorry somewhat inaccurate as well... their fullback #35 doesn't play D-line? Some of their skills on offense don't play on the defensive backfield? Ok maybe I said LINEMAN might play on both side, I'll give you that. TC does have their core athletes play significant parts on both side. As far as "dinking and dunking" screens or bubble passes, so what they weren't being tackled so in the end a QB will have the stats. AND last, why did you make this a Jake vs Beau comparison?
FBfan4life Wrote:Sorry somewhat inaccurate as well... their fullback #35 doesn't play D-line? Some of their skills on offense don't play on the defensive backfield? Ok maybe I said LINEMAN might play on both side, I'll give you that. TC does have their core athletes play significant parts on both side. As far as "dinking and dunking" screens or bubble passes, so what they weren't being tackled so in the end a QB will have the stats. AND last, why did you make this a Jake vs Beau comparison?

Number 35 is a wr/db and doesn’t play much if at all. You wrote that the guys “upfront “ play both sides of the ball and I simply pointed out that is inaccurate. No TC does not have the “core” of their skill players playing both sides either. They do play 1 skill player both ways a lot and 2 others some. As for your “dinking and dunking” quote I don’t know who you were quoting but it was not me. I did say LC threw a lot of bubble screens and bubble fakes which is accurate. I said that in response to your “torched” comment to add perspective. It was not intended as a slight. AS for your last point, I did not compare “Jake vs Beau”. I did however state “Luke” and Allen’s stat line, again to add perspective and give props to another deserving player. You brought LC into a TC vs SK thread not me.
Right right right, whatever number jersey Bosley wears. TC pass and run defense is not up to par. Here are the 3 games I watched TC and struggled. Dunbar playoff game (120ish yard rushing to a player and 4 catches for 150ish to a receiver)
Lex Cath (6TD tosses, 1 receiver had 130ish and another at 110ish yards)
GRC (157 rushing yard to one player, 3 TD tosses by their QB)... So needlessness to say their defense gets gassed a lot from going and playing a lot on both side of the ball lol
FBfan4life Wrote:Right right right, whatever number jersey Bosley wears. TC pass and run defense is not up to par. Here are the 3 games I watched TC and struggled. Dunbar playoff game (120ish yard rushing to a player and 4 catches for 150ish to a receiver)
Lex Cath (6TD tosses, 1 receiver had 130ish and another at 110ish yards)
GRC (157 rushing yard to one player, 3 TD tosses by their QB)... So needlessness to say their defense gets gassed a lot from going and playing a lot on both side of the ball lol

He wears #37 and the second half of the season he played about 4-6 snaps on offense, unless injuries dictate otherwise. Not sure what you are trying to say. Choosing a few games and a few individuals that had good games and assuming random conclusions is just pointless. You don’t have enough information and you don’t know the specific circumstances. If you would like I can pick a few games and a few players that didn’t do well and draw some random conclusion also.

Congratulations to SK and TC on winning their respective Districts. Good luck and good health to both teams.
From reading all this SK will win state
Pages: 1 2