Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 60 Pike Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry has a running clock early in the 2nd quarter, jv adds several scores in the second half for the Pirates to claim the district trophy. Haven’t heard the stars yet but for the first half PC had negative yards.
Wow! Congratulations Pirates!!!
Belfry
18 carries 361 yards
1/1 passing 32 yards 1td

Pike Central
No stats given
Good season for Pike Central, they have their program headed in the right direction. The Hawks have some good young talent and the freshman RB is going to be one of the best in the mountains the next few years.

Congrats to the Pirates, I hope too see them winning another state championship in a few weeks.
Congrats to Belfry on the district championship win. Hope to see both Pikeville and Belfry in Lexington playing for a championship. Future looks better for PC and that's a positive for them.
Congratulations to the Pirates gets tougher now got the Tomcats from Ashland going to Cam next week. #55 PirateFan can you get that game changed to Saturday?
PC 27 plays...23 yards.
bucslover68 Wrote:PC 27 plays...23 yards.

Wow.....is that accurate? I would have guessed they finished with negative yardage. First non penalty aided 1st down didn’t come until the 4th qtr. Either way....I do want to congratulate the Hawks on a successful season. Building a football program is a tough proposition.....especially in an economically depressed area. Whether or not , this season will translate into more wins next year remains too be seen. The Anderson kid was completely taken out of the equation last night. Just not enough around him. I keep hearing rumblings that he may seek out a transfer. Time will tell.
Congrats to Belfry. They are entering playoff mode. Hawks with a nice season.
Is Belfry healthy after their brutal playoff matchups with Floyd Central and Pike Central?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Is Belfry healthy after their brutal playoff matchups with Floyd Central and Pike Central?

No.....the whole team has a case of maroon flu. Oh wait a minute.....you’re talking about this year’s team. Would have swore you were talking about a few years back when the entire kitty kat team was stricken with the maroon flu.....aka...otherwise known as “ we don’t want any of that”.

As for this year’s team....I guess you’ll have to show up and see if we’re healthy or not.

Y’all thinking about not coming again? 😂😂😂😂🏈🏈🏈🅱️🅱️🅱️
Our QB being out hurt us alot and couple of lineman out also didnt make it any better, we might not have won but I think if we was healthy we put up some scores,
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Wow.....is that accurate? I would have guessed they finished with negative yardage. First non penalty aided 1st down didn’t come until the 4th qtr. Either way....I do want to congratulate the Hawks on a successful season. Building a football program is a tough proposition.....especially in an economically depressed area. Whether or not , this season will translate into more wins next year remains too be seen. The Anderson kid was completely taken out of the equation last night. Just not enough around him. I keep hearing rumblings that he may seek out a transfer. Time will tell.

I have also heard those rumblings...wouldn't shock me if he is wearing Red or Maroon next season.

Who knows though, Central is getting better and while they aren't gonna compete for state championships it would be cool to see Anderson and the younger kids take Central to another level.
There will be a couple open spots next year if he likes the color red
PHSFAN Wrote:I have also heard those rumblings...wouldn't shock me if he is wearing Red or Maroon next season.

Who knows though, Central is getting better and while they aren't gonna compete for state championships it would be cool to see Anderson and the younger kids take Central to another level.

I agree. Would like to see him help take Pike Central to the next level. They took a huge step this year. But as long as they continue this playing district opponets first rounds of playoffs I dont see them getting past 2nd round. That will always be Belfry. Same with Pikeville most years. Hazard usually has a better team than this year. Same thing with Shelby Valley. That is why kids from those schools transfer to Pikeville or Belfry. They just don't have realistic opportunities to compete for state championships. Anderson would be a mean fullback in that Belfry offense IMO.
Today pride to cats won't be playing a Russell, greenup county or raceland. You will see what a healthy belfry team does to your kitty cats
Pike Central has some kids in the pipeline, currently in the 4th and 5th grade range but they are winning and learning, would like top Pike Central elevate only because it helps make Belfry better
pirateforlife Wrote:I agree. Would like to see him help take Pike Central to the next level. They took a huge step this year. But as long as they continue this playing district opponets first rounds of playoffs I dont see them getting past 2nd round. That will always be Belfry. Same with Pikeville most years. Hazard usually has a better team than this year. Same thing with Shelby Valley. That is why kids from those schools transfer to Pikeville or Belfry. They just don't have realistic opportunities to compete for state championships. Anderson would be a mean fullback in that Belfry offense IMO.

Belfry’s offense is a running backs dream. They sure don’t throw the ball.
pirateforlife Wrote:I agree. Would like to see him help take Pike Central to the next level. They took a huge step this year. But as long as they continue this playing district opponets first rounds of playoffs I dont see them getting past 2nd round. That will always be Belfry. Same with Pikeville most years. Hazard usually has a better team than this year. Same thing with Shelby Valley. That is why kids from those schools transfer to Pikeville or Belfry. They just don't have realistic opportunities to compete for state championships. Anderson would be a mean fullback in that Belfry offense IMO.

I can tell you he isn't going anywhere, and that's a 100% fact.
Hawks32 Wrote:I can tell you he isn't going anywhere, and that's a 100% fact.

I can tell you if I had a kid that excelled at his position and was just a freshman, I would have him/her playing against top notch competition in a program that would get him/her statewide recognition. Nothing wrong with that, plus it’s a fun ride having the opportunity to play for state championships. Maybe he can help take Pike Central to the next level. It takes more than just one player in football to get there.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I can tell you if I had a kid that excelled at his position and was just a freshman, I would have him/her playing against top notch competition in a program that would get him/her statewide recognition. Nothing wrong with that, plus it’s a fun ride having the opportunity to play for state championships. Maybe he can help take Pike Central to the next level. It takes more than just one player in football to get there.

It’s a tough spot to be in. While they have a good coach, there’s only so much a coach can do. It takes a lot more than a Couple of players to turn around a football program. Anderson may stay.....and I’m sure the PCC offense will be squarely built around him. However.....he will take a beating doing it.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I can tell you if I had a kid that excelled at his position and was just a freshman, I would have him/her playing against top notch competition in a program that would get him/her statewide recognition. Nothing wrong with that, plus it’s a fun ride having the opportunity to play for state championships. Maybe he can help take Pike Central to the next level. It takes more than just one player in football to get there.

Going to camps on your own are how you get recognized. And how hard your coach is willing to send out tape. And marketing yourself with hudl and your social media’s. A kid from a hole in the wall school can get recognized depending on how bad you want it.
PHSFAN Wrote:I have also heard those rumblings...wouldn't shock me if he is wearing Red or Maroon next season.

I don’t see anybody taking them to another level Boggs and company came the closest but in the end they had to go through the Big Red Machine and just couldn’t get it done Belfry is always going to be in the way.
Let's get off this recruitment topic.
I just want to step in and address these Matt Anderson transfer rumors, I have spoke to him directly about this and he has multiple times vehemently denied these rumors. So we can put this to rest.

Now on to the game, congratulations to Belfry. Just flat out dominated the game from beginning to end.

Unfortunately injuries mounted our team at the worst possible time and sure it may not have effected the outcome of the game. But it just seemed like all of those key injuries just took the wind out of the sails.

But I'm very, very proud of the season we had. Tied a school record for wins in a season with 8. This Hawks program is going in a very good direction.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I just want to step in and address these Matt Anderson transfer rumors, I have spoke to him directly about this and he has multiple times vehemently denied these rumors. So we can put this to rest.

Now on to the game, congratulations to Belfry. Just flat out dominated the game from beginning to end.

Unfortunately injuries mounted our team at the worst possible time and sure it may not have effected the outcome of the game. But it just seemed like all of those key injuries just took the wind out of the sails.

But I'm very, very proud of the season we had. Tied a school record for wins in a season with 8. This Hawks program is going in a very good direction.

How many seniors does this PC team lose? Most of them significant contributors?