Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ranking the Final 16 Teams in 4A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Boyle County
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Central
6. Wayne County
7. Corbin
8. Hopkinsville
9. Madisonville
10. Franklin-Simpson
11. Holmes
12. Scott
13. Harlan County
14. Moore
15. Allen County Scottsville
16. John Hardin
I think Corbin should be 3 or 4
Dline Wrote:I think Corbin should be 3 or 4

So you think Wayne County should be 2 or 3?

Ahead of an unbeaten Franklin County?

Ahead of Wayne County who defeated them at Corbin?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Boyle County
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Central
6. Wayne County
7. Corbin
8. Hopkinsville
9. Madisonville
10. Franklin-Simpson
11. Holmes
12. Scott
13. Harlan County
14. Moore
16. John Hardin

Looks as good as it could. After this Friday things are going to get a lot more clear.
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Central
6. Wayne County
7. Corbin
8. Hopkinsville
9. Madisonville
10. Franklin-Simpson
11. Holmes
12. Scott
13. Harlan County
14. Moore
16. John Hardin

So if chalk wins, what will the matchups be for the regional championships?
FoSho Wrote:So if chalk wins, what will the matchups be for the regional championships?

If chalk wins out (RPI):

West (Districts 1-4):

Moore (.54146) @ Hopkinsville (.60205)
Franklin-Simpson (.46395) @ Franklin Co. (.69736)

East (Districts 5-8):

Holmes (.52762) @ Boyle Co. (.73034)
Wayne Co. (.68940) @ Johnson Central (.70583)

Reseed for Semifinals

Hopkinsville @ Boyle Co.
Franklin Co. @ Johnson Central

Finals

Boyle Co. would be the "home" team vs. Johnson Central.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So you think Wayne County should be 2 or 3?

No just Corbin
Hatz Wrote:Ahead of an unbeaten Franklin County?

Ahead of Wayne County who defeated them at Corbin?

Yes
nemo Wrote:If chalk wins out (RPI):

West (Districts 1-4):

Moore (.54146) @ Hopkinsville (.60205)
Franklin-Simpson (.46395) @ Franklin Co. (.69736)

East (Districts 5-8):

Holmes (.52762) @ Boyle Co. (.73034)
Wayne Co. (.68940) @ Johnson Central (.70583)

Reseed for Semifinals

Hopkinsville @ Boyle Co.
Franklin Co. @ Johnson Central

Finals

Boyle Co. would be the "home" team vs. Johnson Central.

Thank you for posting that.
Johnson Central will bring it back to the mtns this year.. One of the best football teams ive ever witnessed on the high school Level.
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Central
6. Wayne County
7. Corbin
8. Hopkinsville
9. Madisonville
10. Franklin-Simpson
11. Holmes
12. Scott
13. Harlan County
14. Moore
16. John Hardin

Im far from a expert and don't follow this class but from a distance but this year I do bring a small nugget to the table in that I have watched Corbin play in person and watched Hopkinsville and Madisonville play in person. I came away thinking that Hoptown and Madisonville were both a little better than Corbin for the little to nothing its worth

I’ll be honest. I thought corbin was maybe a little too high on the original post. I def don’t believe they should be 3 or 4. Could they beat 90% of the teams in that list? Absolutely!! But I don’t believe they could beat them consistently. And that’s why I believe they might be a little too high on the original post, much less 3 or 4. They are a dangerous team. But they haven’t had the results to be ranked in the top 5 or so. Having the potential doesn’t necessarily mean you should be placed where your potential is. And in all honesty other teams have a better resume. We might have had a tougher schedule, but that’s part of it.
^^^^to add to that. I also believe lex cath is a little too high as well.
Sports72 Wrote:Johnson Central will bring it back to the mtns this year.. One of the best football teams ive ever witnessed on the high school Level.

Should be a huge battle.

Looking forward to the challenge.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So you think Wayne County should be 2 or 3?

I think the best thing to do EKUAlum05 after making your Ranking threads, closed it down immediately so no one can make a comments. You seem to be stalking any comments about Corbin in the Rankings Confusedmoke:
:Thumbs:

I think Corbin and Wayne could be a spot higher, but like Hound05 said, they are teams that have the resume. Wayne did win so they do deserve the spot ahead of Corbin. But I personally think Corbin is getting better and at the right time of the year. Nothing but power house matchups from here on out. Good luck to all the teams and I hope everyone stays injury free. Leave it all on the field. I like to say our district will be well represented this year. Wayne and Corbin had a game that was like watching one of ESPN Classics and I expect no different this Friday.
Bull got out! Wrote::Thumbs:

I think Corbin and Wayne could be a spot higher, but like Hound05 said, they are teams that have the resume. Wayne did win so they do deserve the spot ahead of Corbin. But I personally think Corbin is getting better and at the right time of the year. Nothing but power house matchups from here on out. Good luck to all the teams and I hope everyone stays injury free. Leave it all on the field. I like to say our district will be well represented this year. Wayne and Corbin had a game that was like watching one of ESPN Classics and I expect no different this Friday.

Other than our game I would love to be at the Corbin vs Wayne Co or Central vs Franklin Co.

Both will be wars.
FoSho Wrote:Other than our game I would love to be at the Corbin vs Wayne Co or Central vs Franklin Co.

Both will be wars.

I'm with you FoSho, I only get to watch Boyle on YouTube, I heard Matt Jones the other day, if I could, id be watching a bunch of other teams that are playing good football right now, all the big time hype games are either coming up or quickly approaching. Ill be at a Boyle game before the years out, I told my boy this year, we might go watch all the championship games and make a weekend out of it. You never know he might still be playing that weekend, it aint over till you lose.
FoSho Wrote:Other than our game I would love to be at the Corbin vs Wayne Co or Central vs Franklin Co.

Both will be wars.

I’m just interested in seeing how this match will differ from the first. Both teams played different than they usually do.
Bull got out! Wrote:I'm with you FoSho, I only get to watch Boyle on YouTube, I heard Matt Jones the other day, if I could, id be watching a bunch of other teams that are playing good football right now, all the big time hype games are either coming up or quickly approaching. Ill be at a Boyle game before the years out, I told my boy this year, we might go watch all the championship games and make a weekend out of it. You never know he might still be playing that weekend, it aint over till you lose.

The setting at UK is the best imo. The games there just seem to mean more than in years past.

All the games leading up to the finals (as long as we keep winning) will be at BCHS and the atmosphere will be awesome. If you make it up to one of these games let me know.

BTW, I think Corbin wins @ Wayne Co. Corbin's kids have been there/done that and that means a whole lot this time of year.
FoSho Wrote:The setting at UK is the best imo. The games there just seem to mean more than in years past.

All the games leading up to the finals (as long as we keep winning) will be at BCHS and the atmosphere will be awesome. If you make it up to one of these games let me know.

BTW, I think Corbin wins @ Wayne Co. Corbin's kids have been there/done that and that means a whole lot this time of year.

I will definitely holler, we already have made plans and talked about it, but first things first, We are on our own mission and that's to take it one week at a time and the way we played our last game, we might be peaking at the right time, Friday will tell the tale, no doubt about that. I cant wait!
Bull got out! Wrote:I will definitely holler, we already have made plans and talked about it, but first things first, We are on our own mission and that's to take it one week at a time and the way we played our last game, we might be peaking at the right time, Friday will tell the tale, no doubt about that. I cant wait!

No offense to Wayne Co but I'll be pulling for you guys Friday. I've gotten to know a few Hounds posters in here and you guys have grown on me. Lol

Safe travels, Wayne Co has a nice little set up for their home games (we played there last season) and it should be a great atmosphere. Get there early if you want to sit in the stands...it'll fill up quick.
Wayne is not getting their due respect
FoSho Wrote:No offense to Wayne Co but I'll be pulling for you guys Friday. I've gotten to know a few Hounds posters in here and you guys have grown on me. Lol

Safe travels, Wayne Co has a nice little set up for their home games (we played there last season) and it should be a great atmosphere. Get there early if you want to sit in the stands...it'll fill up quick.

Thanks Brother!
E's Army Wrote:Wayne is not getting their due respect

Haddix will give them their respect, it's not fans or forum posters job to do that. I've stated why I believe Corbin will win and I stand by that.

Good luck to both teams on an injury free and hard fought game.
1.) Boyle County
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Franklin County
4.) Lexington Catholic
5.) Louisville Central
6.) Wayne County
7.) Corbin
8.) Madisonville
9.) Hopkinsville
10.) Franklin-Simpson
11.) Holmes
12.) Scott
13.) Harlan County
14.) Moore
15.) Allen County Scottsville
16.) John Hardin
1.) Boyle County
2.) Johnson Central

3.) Franklin County
4.) Lexington Catholic
5.) Louisville Central
6.) Wayne County
7.) Corbin
8.) Madisonville
9.) Hopkinsville
10.) Franklin-Simpson
11.) Holmes
12.) Scott
13.) Harlan County
14.) Moore
15.) Allen County Scottsville
16.) John Hardin
That space between 1/2 and 3 should be much bigger.

From what I’ve gathered on here there are some teams out west that are pretty darn good this year. Usually western ky is a lot weaker than EKY. But I tbink this year it might be more balanced than it has in a while.
4A comes down to two teams, Boyle or Johnson Central. Nobody else is within shouting distance of those two, IMO.
Pages: 1 2