Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: When are the scrimmages? 15th and 16th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell when the practice games start? Heard that JC has a big one on Sat? Schedule?
Russell plays at Johnson Central Saturday 11/16/19. I don't know the time though.

Russell has their Pan-O-Rama for the Girls Scrimmages on November 25th

4pm,6:30pm,8pm

I don't know who the Other teams are yet though.
Belfry plays Owsley at Knott Central on Saturday in a scrimmage game. Not sure who else will be there
Has pikeville recruited anymore players since rash & Maynard from belfry. If the KHSAA rule the save girls eligible there is a crook somewhere. Out big fat commisoneer needs to get off his butt and do his job. Kids changing schools has become a joke. Why have by laws?
I know Ashland Blazer Girls played Belfry 11/16/2019, Blazer did win that game!
Ashland Blazer Girls played Belfry today at Paintsville 11/16/19 …..
Owsley County was supposed to have played Belfry today (11/16-19) at Knott County’s Sportsplex but Belfry cancelled out. There were several scrimmages there today. Teams playing were Owsley, Pike Central, Hazard, Betsy Layne, Harlan County, Knott Central. Maybe a few more I’m not thinking of.
Johnson Central took on the Leslie County Lady Eagles. The Lady Eagles won big. They are going to be a tough team over in the 14th Region.
Who did Russell play yesterday at the 15th region showcase at Johnson Central?

I saw a picture but I couldn't tell who it was. It might have been Floyd Central? Whoever it was had blue and white Jerseys.
bball321 Wrote:Johnson Central took on the Leslie County Lady Eagles. The Lady Eagles won big. They are going to be a tough team over in the 14th Region.

Heard Leslie played Paintsville, not Johnson Central. Johnson Central played Russell I think. Not that it matters. They’re only scrimmages but I read this info in another thread on here.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley County was supposed to have played Belfry today (11/16-19) at Knott County’s Sportsplex but Belfry cancelled out. There were several scrimmages there today. Teams playing were Owsley, Pike Central, Hazard, Betsy Layne, Harlan County, Knott Central. Maybe a few more I’m not thinking of.

My dawgs beat a weak Betsy Layne team at the sportsplex. I didn't get to see any of the other games. How did Owsley look? I heard from a friend that Knott was very quick and played well against an average at best East Ridge team. Go dawgs!
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Has pikeville recruited anymore players since rash & Maynard from belfry. If the KHSAA rule the save girls eligible there is a crook somewhere. Out big fat commisoneer needs to get off his butt and do his job. Kids changing schools has become a joke. Why have by laws?

The Rash girl never played basketball last year so she is eligible automatically. With Maynard if Brady Dingess can never move from his Martin County home and enroll at paintsville as a freshman then still never move and enroll at Martin county as a sophomore and get eligible then I see no reason why Maynard can’t get eligible at least I think she had a change of address.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Heard Leslie played Paintsville, not Johnson Central. Johnson Central played Russell I think. Not that it matters. They’re only scrimmages but I read this info in another thread on here.

I think Russell might have played Floyd Central at Johnson Central(15th Region Showcase). The picture the Russell AD tweeted of the game looked more like Floyd Central. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Johnson Central. Russell is scheduled to play a regular season game with JC at home on December 5th though. Russell has a regular season game at Floyd Central at the end of the regular season as well on February 19th.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:The Rash girl never played basketball last year so she is eligible automatically. With Maynard if Brady Dingess can never move from his Martin County home and enroll at paintsville as a freshman then still never move and enroll at Martin county as a sophomore and get eligible then I see no reason why Maynard can’t get eligible at least I think she had a change of address.
I’m not familiar with the 15th region happenings but if a student enrolls at any school as a freshman they are eligible immediately without moving. Doesn’t matter if they live in county A and enroll next county over in county B.
Now, once they enroll as a freshman then they can’t transfer the same year without changing physical addresses. At least that’s how it was in past years. I’ve been out of it all for 15 years.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I’m not familiar with the 15th region happenings but if a student enrolls at any school as a freshman they are eligible immediately without moving. Doesn’t matter if they live in county A and enroll next county over in county B.
Now, once they enroll as a freshman then they can’t transfer the same year without changing physical addresses. At least that’s how it was in past years. I’ve been out of it all for 15 years.

No that’s about right. All I’m saying is if Dingess can transfer back to Martin County with having never moved address at all. Then other kids in region or the state for that matter should be allowed to transfer anywhere they want. I agree that the transfer rules are different for every kid. But if one kid in the region can do it I think they all should be allowed too.
No dam change of address. If khsaa rules Maynard eligible at pikeville there is going to be a lawsuit. Fair warned
Warned
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:No dam change of address. If khsaa rules Maynard eligible at pikeville there is going to be a lawsuit. Fair warned

Idk if you’re a butt hurt PC fan or a East ridge fan by your name. PC has a few girls that played at BL and still live in Floyd county and East ridge has a twin from Jenkins while her sister is still at Jenkins. So transfers happen all the time. Just when it involves Pikeville do fans get outraged. Khsaa needs to have one rule for all kids but they view each case differently. Idc who transfers. Kids go Pikeville because they have been winning lately. Kids just want to win. Just like kids from Paintsville have moved to JC in a few different sports. Losing isn’t fun.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:No dam change of address. If khsaa rules Maynard eligible at pikeville there is going to be a lawsuit. Fair warned

Also whose is filing a lawsuit and against who? The Khsaa? I didn’t go to Pikeville and don’t have a kid that goes to any of these schools. Just stating facts. PC was going to benefit from the Profitt girl this summer but she decided at last minute to stay home. Sites from JC enrolled at Martin County and went back to JC. No one is upset about anyone else transferring just when it comes to Pikeville. Their is a boy ball player at Valley now whose been to 3 high schools in 3 years but he isn’t a star player so No one cares. Sykes left East ridge for valley. He’s really good but no one said anything. All I’m saying is if one kid can do it so should all kids. Don’t just get mad because it’s Pikeville.
Ashland beat Belfry by 18 and Russell beat Floyd Central not sure by how much Thats what I heard from the 16th regions at JC scrimmages.