Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Taylor 40 Casey 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Casey lead this ballgame, 20-19 at the half. Wes Oliver was held in check much of the half, but Casey gave the ball away 3 times on turnovers in that half, the only time the Rebel offense was stopped was a misrun route by a freshman, one ball on a crazy tip and then tip drill which an athletic Taylor kid grabbed, and then just a misread into double coverage. Casey QB Reece Brown was nearly 200 passing yards in the first half, along with 70+ yards rushing, and just a phenomenal effort. Casey's line battled the much bigger Taylor line to a near stalemate much of that half in one of their better performances in a half. Although our starting guard fractured his ankle and had to be taken to the hospital. Taylor capitalized on almost all our turnovers and turned them into either short drives to score, or mid field drives. QB Reece Brown also returned several kickoffs for upwards of 150 yards as I recall (he totalled almost 600 yards of yardage in his final game as a Rebel, much helped by his 2 senior offensive lineman.

In the 2nd half coach Marple seeing how much Casey had improved leaned over and told D1 commit, Tre Goodin to, "suit up!". Tre entered the game in the 2nd half and brought his Superman cape with him! This kid's cutback runs were definitely D1 level stuff. He scored on I think a 60 yard run, his first touch. He scored again on another long run, and he had a 50 yard run called back. Taylor goes up by 2 scores. Casey comes back behind a deep pass from Reece Brown to Micah Pendleton, and balls to Adam Price. Pressure was getting to Reece everytime after our guard went out and that gap was being abused. We had 3 more turnovers in the 2nd half, with Reece just trying to make a play and give his wide outs a chance to do something big. Coach Marple has become a much better coach since he has got some more years under his belt, and working at Taylor and Bell with coach Dudley Hilton. Sam and former Casey head coach, Andy Stephens have utilized the talent they have to have a great shot to win this district, with very good Glasgow waiting on them. Steve Stonebraker did a phenomenal job of preparing our offense, along with former Western Kentucky UNiversity linebacker coach, Bryan Cross on defense. We, I truly believe, won this game without Superman (Goodin). The last game they used him as more of a distraction, and rode Oliver all night to the tune of 260+ yards. I'm not sure Oliver even had 75 yards last night(?). But Goodin is special, that's for sure. Congrats to Taylor and I hope they can get past Glasgow and test themselves in Regional play. Casey finished 5-6, but had their best games against their top 3, in my opinion, games, Taylor, Glasgow, and Rockcastle.

This group of Rebel seniors will be missed. My own son graduated last season, but I was just as emotionally invested in this one. I consider coach Marple a friend and that side of it was weird for me as well. Sam will help out anyone. Coach Stonebraker, in my opinion, may have ended the season, the last half, with one of his best coaching performances in his 20+ year career, himself. Anyways, good luck to all teams remaining in the playoffs. I pray for all teams to remain healthy and be able to go on, or go out, at their best!
Congrats to Taylor County
If Taylor had a bit more diversity in their passing game, I'd consider them a real threat to Belfry and Bell. Now i have saw Belfry handle Tre Goodin in the middle school playoff, and nearly shut him down. Belfry is a whole other level, usually, than many central Ky, and Western Ky teams. I will admit that. But Sam has really coached his line up. I'm not sure you can win a power running game against Bell, or Belfry, against 2 Masters of that game. Sam would start his own legacy, if they can get past Glasgow, and then go on to face one of these juggernaut, legendary Mountain programs. I wish nothing but the best for Taylor