Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lex.Cath. at Boyle County 11/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lexington Catholic travels to Danville next Friday to take on Boyle County for the District 5 championship.

Have the Knights improved enough since their Oct. 11th 64-28 loss to Boyle County to make a game of it or will the Rebels continue their total destruction of everyone that gets in front of them? Who you got?
I’ll lay my bets on Boyle, there in lock down mode right now!
Boyle by 30
I'll hold off my prediction for now but if last nights performance is any indication of the Rebels mindset moving forward, LexCath could be in serious trouble.

Nasty and pissed off is the best way to describe it. Lol.
Sorry but shy of a miracle it won’t even be close.
I'm anxious to see Reese Smith return to the lineup on Offense and Defense. With Landen Bartelson healthy, the defense looks even better IMO. Add Smith to Safety and I'm anxious to see them play together and healthy.
I think beau Allen will lead the knights to a 50-47 win against Boyle!!
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:I think beau Allen will lead the knights to a 50-47 win against Boyle!!

Win or lose, if LexCath scores 50 points on the Rebels, Chuck Smiths head will explode.

Lol
Boyle by 35
This game will be a little closer than last time I think. I hope we use our massive advantage on the line and run it down their throat. Keep the ball away from Beau and pressure him in defense. Bring EZ on some blitzes and Reese. Tight cover everyone. We will be fine.
Boyle County 64
Lexington Catholic 35
64SUR Wrote:Boyle County 64
Lexington Catholic 35

I don’t see Boyle giving up that’s many.

Bartelson didn’t play last time and he makes this pass defense that much better.
Boyle- 49
Lex cath- 14
I honestly don’t know what to think about this one. I know the best team- Boyle- will win. But at first I thought that it would be about the same result as last time. Lex cath comes out firing and keeps it close by putting multiple TDs up then just loses steam. But then when I think about all the games we’ve had in the past with a rematch in the playoffs, they’ve all been a tad closer. Will this happen with Boyle? They are healthier. But, while chuck smith isn’t Justin haddix, (hahah You all know me! I had to throw a shot in there somewhere) he’s no fool either. A great coach like him isn’t gonna open the book up and give a potential matchup with a JC team more to scout. So that could make it closer. I also don’t think he’ll risk getting anyone hurt, so after getting a comfortable lead, he might put it on cruise control and let it roll. Either way the best team is walking off the field and advancing one game closer to the matchup we all want to see.
Boyle looked REALLY good last night.
64black&gold Wrote:Boyle looked REALLY good last night.

So do they have everyone back now?
Hound05 Wrote:So do they have everyone back now?

Reese Smith did not play last night. I’m hoping they were holding him out for this Friday.
Hatz Wrote:Reese Smith did not play last night. I’m hoping they were holding him out for this Friday.

I honestly don’t think they’d need him Friday, but if he’s close to 100% it might be a good idea to let him get some reps to keep him sharp.
Hound05 Wrote:I honestly don’t think they’d need him Friday, but if he’s close to 100% it might be a good idea to let him get some reps to keep him sharp.

He had a super star game vs the Knights last time.
Boyle with the running clock second quarter!!!
Hatz Wrote:He had a super star game vs the Knights last time.

Oh I know I watched it! He looked like a video game player with his speed set on 99 haha. But what I meant by saying they wouldn’t need him this Friday unless he was 100% was, he’s in no way replaceable. But someone could certainly fill his shoes for this game and BC would be just fine. Colwick is just as dangerous on the other side. Yates is tough as well. #10 I can’t spell his name also looked good in that game. The younger kid, I think his name is lanter as well, looked good to just be a sophomore.

Boyle is def not lacking in passing targets should Smith NEED the rest.
Hound05 Wrote:Oh I know I watched it! He looked like a video game player with his speed set on 99 haha. But what I meant by saying they wouldn’t need him this Friday unless he was 100% was, he’s in no way replaceable. But someone could certainly fill his shoes for this game and BC would be just fine. Colwick is just as dangerous on the other side. Yates is tough as well. #10 I can’t spell his name also looked good in that game. The younger kid, I think his name is lanter as well, looked good to just be a sophomore.

Boyle is def not lacking in passing targets should Smith NEED the rest.

I miss him as much at Safety. He is great at that position.
Boyle Co 30+
Hound05 Wrote:So do they have everyone back now?

As stated above, Reese didn't play but the team looked very business like and very efficient. Only ran 7 plays in the 1st qtr but scored on 4 of them. Anderson QB running for his life most of the night. To be honest half of the Bearcats looked like they were just ready for the season to be over but Boyle probably had something to do with that.
Boyle wins this one with ease. I say rest Smith for even more rest for week threes matchup.
Spud6 Wrote:Boyle wins this one with ease. I say rest Smith for even more rest for week threes matchup.

The next few weeks will be more physical football games than the last few will for Boyle. But this team has faced it before this year, last year, and will be ready if assume. Their team speed offsets a lot of the physical play they face on the defensive side. But i would tbink their main concern is staying healthy and focused. Focus shouldn’t be a problem. I’d say they are drooling out the mouth for another shot at a title.
Boyle county 42
Lex Cath 21
Boyle by 24
Much closer game this time around!!!

Lex Catholic-38
BoyleCo-49
Lex Cath can't keep Boyle from scoring
Pages: 1 2