Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 41, Martin Co 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score.
This was a much closer game than the first meeting between the two.

Shelby Valley forced punts on all 4 of Martin's first 4 possessions, and scored TD's on each of their first 3 drives (although they did not get any extra points). They drove deep into Martin territory again for a 4th time and looked like they were going to turn this one into a blowout, but eventually turned it over on downs. Martin then began to abuse SV's pass defense to score their first TD. A bad snap on a punt resulted in a safety, and Valley only led 18-9 at halftime.

In the third, SV drove into Cardinal territory again only to turn it over on downs, and Martin once again passed their way down the field until they scored to make it a 18-16 game. At this point, I had to leave with Valley driving in the third, clinging to a 2 point lead. I didn't see how it happened, but SV apparently closed the game on a 23-8 run.

I know I had seen on here something about Sparks not playing for Martin in this one, but he did play according to the announcers. So did Smith-Mills. For Valley, Dalton Meade got banged up late in the first half and played the rest of the way with a noticeable limp.
I’m surprised by how close this game was but I can’t wait to watch Shelby Valley @ West Carter Round 2
Looking forward to the rematch with West Carter next week. Might just have to make the trip!
Valley looks to be decimated with injuries. They had several key guys leave Get banged up or have to leave the game.
Congrats Valley! Also congrats to Martin County on a very nice season.
Congrats to SV
Heck of a season MC, this game was a lot closer than the final shows as MC cut it to 18-16 and 26-24 in the second half.