Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ready for the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So glad the playoffs are here. Even if the KHSAA screwed them up. 7:30 can't get here soon enough.
Who Ya With!!!
Just doesn’t feel right this year!! I always like playing different teams at the end of the year but with the way it is now it’s just an extension of the regular season! It seems the the state is purposely trying to smother out football altogether
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Just doesn’t feel right this year!! I always like playing different teams at the end of the year but with the way it is now it’s just an extension of the regular season! It seems the the state is purposely trying to smother out football altogether

They should have kept cross bracketing with RPI in the 3rd on. Or seeded it with RPI all the way through but broke it into geographical east/west. But I’ve said it before, I think they are somewhat stepping in the right direction with this. Give them a couple years to tweak it a little bit.
Cross bracketing in rounds 1/2 would have been much better...the favorites are just trying to survive and advance in early rounds. I just feel like the real tourney won't start until round 3.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Just doesn’t feel right this year!! I always like playing different teams at the end of the year but with the way it is now it’s just an extension of the regular season! It seems the the state is purposely trying to smother out football altogether

Part of the fun of the playoffs is playing teams you never or rarely play. Playing on fields you've never been on. Everybody got to experience that before. Now you have to make it to round three to do it. Just don't like it but I'm sure my opinion means nothing to the KHSAA.
Why did some games play last night?
plantmanky Wrote:Why did some games play last night?

I’m a bit confused on this too. It’s called Friday Night Lights for a reason...
plantmanky Wrote:Why did some games play last night?

Belfry and Floyd Central played because FC is in the state volleyball tournament and planned close school today, they asked Belfry to play last night to accommodate those traveling with the Volleyball team, maybe a similar situation for other schools.
I have to agree would rather play other districts in the first 2 rounds but it is what it is.