Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: First Round Best Matchups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are the best matchups I noticed when looking over the brackets. I'm sure I don't notice all of them, but here is what I've got.

1A Campbellsville @ Bethlehem

3A CAL @ Mercer Co

4A Madisonville North Hopkins @ Logan Co

5A Southwestern @ Pulaski Co

Who else should be on this list?
Corbin and Knox central. Neither team are great teams, and the score might not be close. But I can almost guarantee that it will be a good ‘ole physical football game.
Leslie County at Middlesboro
Murray at Caldwell Co should be a great game.. Last game was a back and forth 42-40 win by Caldwell..

Newport at Lloyd should be a pretty good game, as well..
Oh man, almost forgot. Whitley co vs N laurel will probably be a good matchup. Or it was in the regular season. I don’t see one team progressing that much past the other team in the short amount of time we’ve had
Don’t sleep on Murray @ Caldwell Co. Caldwell in beat them late by 2 points. I know Utley is out but, history shows that Murray typically does much better the second time around defensively.
Casey Co. 5-5 @ Taylor Co. has possibilities. Casey looks to have improved as the year progressed. Casey played Glasgow tough. Taylor stomped Casey during the regular season.
Warren East @ Allen co Scottsville 1.5 point spread
Lafayette @ Dunbar 1.5 point spread
Fulton Co @ Russelville 2.5 point spread
Campbellsville @ Bethlehem 2.5 point spread
John Hardin @ Spencer 2.5 point spread
Doss @ Bullitt Central 2.5 point spread
Fulton County @ Russellville. Only a three point game last time. Could be another spectacular game.
Other than CAL and Mercer are there any other 1st round games with both teams ranked in the top 10?
I forgot to mention both Murray and Caldwell are top ten in 2a.
UK1 Wrote:Other than CAL and Mercer are there any other 1st round games with both teams ranked in the top 10?

In 2A I think Newport and Lloyd Memorial and Murray and Caldwell County are 2 top 10 matchups
Apollo vs McCracken could be interesting with the last meeting being a wild scoring affair, but Hunter Bradley will be absent with the major ankle injury/surgery for the Stangs.
Highlands at Conner. The Cougars won the first meeting
The Danville Somerset game will be better than people realize. Somerset is banged up and Danville had a by. Clevenger didn’t forget how to coach
UK1 Wrote:Other than CAL and Mercer are there any other 1st round games with both teams ranked in the top 10?

These are the ones I recognize without looking at the polls and going back and looking at the brackets

1A Campbellsville & Bethlehem

5A Highlands & Conner
blue55 Wrote:Apollo vs McCracken could be interesting with the last meeting being a wild scoring affair, but Hunter Bradley will be absent with the major ankle injury/surgery for the Stangs.

Take the over in this game
Madisonville North-Hopkins at Logan County involves two top ten teams. Madisonville is 7th and Logan Co. is 10th. Logan Co. narrowly won 26-24 during the regular season. Should be a dandy.
Tica Wrote:Madisonville North-Hopkins at Logan County involves two top ten teams. Madisonville is 7th and Logan Co. is 10th. Logan Co. narrowly won 26-24 during the regular season. Should be a dandy.

With Logan Co missing their QB, I'm not sure it'll be a good game.

Mercer Co vs CAL will be a war.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Take the over in this game

Losing Bradley is huge for the Mustangs. They become a more one dimensional team. Bradley accumulated for over 400 yards on the ground for McCracken in the first meeting. While Apollo’s Hogg had 300+ on the ground. Don’t expect the score to be half of what it was last time when both teams combined for 132 points. McCracken’s 3 headed monster is now 2 headed. If McCracken’s Defense doesn’t step up the 4 seeded Eagles could very well win this game. Nervous for my Stangs in this one.
Leslie at Middlesboro will be the best match up in the mountains. One point game last time.
Leslie County vs Middlesboro will be a solid game
Lynn at Pineville will be decent it was a one score game the first time.
Campers and Lions should be a barn burner.