Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class A-AAA Rankings after regular season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Mayfield
2) CAL
3) Belfry
4) Desales
5) Pikeville
6) Beechwood
7) Bell Co
8) Somerset
9) Ashland
10) Breathitt Co
11) Taylor Co
12) Raceland
13) E' Town
14) Tilghman
15) LCA
The above rankings came from a thread that started at the beginning of this season and a LOT has changed and teams have been shaken out. This list ought to be completely different and im curious what everyone else would think. Here is my top 10.
1) Desales
2) Pikeville
3) Bell co
4) LCA
5) Mayfield
6) Belfry
7) Somerset
8) Paintsville
9) Ashland
10) Tilghman
I haven't seen some teams like Bell and Desales play and I know they are good but I would put Pikeville at 1. If they play their best I think they can beat anyone on that list. I know you cant compare scores but Belfry beat LCA 39-20 even though most of the game was closer than the final score in the PCB and 3 weeks later Pikeville beat Belfry at Belfry. I know Dixon played against lca but not pikeville but I think Pikeville is the best team at this point in the season.
1) Pikeville
2) Desales
3) Mayfield
4) Bell
5) Belfry
6) LCA
7) Somerset
8) Ashland
9) Russell
10) CAL
pirateforlife Wrote:I haven't seen some teams like Bell and Desales play and I know they are good but I would put Pikeville at 1. If they play their best I think they can beat anyone on that list. I know you cant compare scores but Belfry beat LCA 39-20 even though most of the game was closer than the final score in the PCB and 3 weeks later Pikeville beat Belfry at Belfry. I know Dixon played against lca but not pikeville but I think Pikeville is the best team at this point in the season.

Got to agree, and the scary thing is, really don't think we've seen this team play their best game yet. Last two games, Hazard and Ridgeview have been very impressive for the Panthers. D has averaged giving up only 10 points ? this season, for one thing. Then on the offense, Clay Tinsley is really showing what he's capable of last two games as well. That's just one player. Really don't want to name players performances so as to leave someone out. Like I mentioned in another post....total team effort against Ridgeview, and Hazard for that matter.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Got to agree, and the scary thing is, really don't think we've seen this team play their best game yet. Last two games, Hazard and Ridgeview have been very impressive for the Panthers. D has averaged giving up only 10 points ? this season, for one thing. Then on the offense, Clay Tinsley is really showing what he's capable of last two games as well. That's just one player. Really don't want to name players performances so as to leave someone out. Like I mentioned in another post....total team effort against Ridgeview, and Hazard for that matter.

Didn't get to watch the Ridgeview or Hazard game but not sure how they could have played any better than the Mingo game. Mingo has only lost once since that game. Pikeville would be a top 10 team in any class except maybe 6a and they might even sneak in there at 9 or 10. I would almost consider it a choke job if they didn't win state this year. Pikeville is the only team that can beat Pikeville in 1a.
pirateforlife Wrote:Didn't get to watch the Ridgeview or Hazard game but not sure how they could have played any better than the Mingo game. Mingo has only lost once since that game. Pikeville would be a top 10 team in any class except maybe 6a and they might even sneak in there at 9 or 10. I would almost consider it a choke job if they didn't win state this year. Pikeville is the only team that can beat Pikeville in 1a.

True. It's totally up to them.
I have to agree Pikeville has been the most consistent team throughout the season and against a solid schedule. Here;s how I see them right now:

1) Pikeville
2) Bell Co
3) LCA
4) Mayfield
5) Somerset
6) Desales
7) E'Town
8) Belfry
9) Breathitt Co
10) Ashland
11) Glasgow
12) Mercer Co
13) OB Catholic
14) CAL
15) NCC
Eagle2009 Wrote:1) Mayfield
2) CAL
3) Belfry
4) Desales
5) Pikeville
6) Beechwood
7) Bell Co
8) Somerset
9) Ashland
10) Breathitt Co
11) Taylor Co
12) Raceland
13) E' Town
14) Tilghman
15) LCA
The above rankings came from a thread that started at the beginning of this season and a LOT has changed and teams have been shaken out. This list ought to be completely different and im curious what everyone else would think. Here is my top 10.
1) Desales
2) Pikeville
3) Bell co
4) LCA
5) Mayfield
6) Belfry
7) Somerset
8) Paintsville
9) Ashland
10) Tilghman

Just my opinion, after comparing scores on KHSAA.

1.Pikeville
2.Belfry
3.Mayfield
4.Bell Co.
5.Lexington Christian (Look at Lex Cath schedule, you'll understand)
6.Somerset
7.DeSales
8.CAL
9.Tilghman
10.Paintsville

New Cath might even deserve the 10th spot. Hard choice between them and Paintsville.