Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bath County @ West Carter 11/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions? I will take my comets by 14 to advance to the District Championship
West Carter 41
Bath County 13
West big
West by 3 TDs
West Carter by 28
West by 24
West Carter 35
Bath co 7
Comets big. Bath is weak.
Final. West Carter 36 Bath County 0.
And there goes another first round loss for Poynter.
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:And there goes another first round loss for Poynter.

There was no chance they’d beat this team
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:West big

Bath Co with only 4 wins this season in their new 2A District....
Congrats to Comets....
Bath will honestly be lucky just to get to 4 wins next season with the way it is looking.
The games I saw gives me little hope for a successful future...bad play calling, bad conditioning, horrible coaching decisions... If Poynter stays I don’t see anything changing.
Hate this for the players and the program...
ScoutTeam Wrote:The games I saw gives me little hope for a successful future...bad play calling, bad conditioning, horrible coaching decisions... If Poynter stays I don’t see anything changing.

Poynter isn’t the only problem at Bath County
WestCarterComet Wrote:Poynter isn’t the only problem at Bath County

Interested to hear your opinion as to what else is wrong? Care to elaborate?
ScoutTeam Wrote:The games I saw gives me little hope for a successful future...bad play calling, bad conditioning, horrible coaching decisions... If Poynter stays I don’t see anything changing.

Who rattled your cage to revive a 2 month old thread today.....unless you were at the banquet and someone pushed your buttons.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Interested to hear your opinion as to what else is wrong? Care to elaborate?

Poynter doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with
WestCarterComet Wrote:Poynter doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with

Hope everyone believes that going into 2020. 2 best players on the team didn’t play more than a game between them last year and they are both back and look good. Really good numbers working out. Others kids that have played before have stated they will be out after basketball/ baseball. Bath Co gets WC, SV, and Martin Co all at home this year....there are other good things happening too but hey let’s not tell all the secrets. See you on THE REAL HILL come fall!
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Hope everyone believes that going into 2020. 2 best players on the team didn’t play more than a game between them last year and they are both back and look good. Really good numbers working out. Others kids that have played before have stated they will be out after basketball/ baseball. Bath Co gets WC, SV, and Martin Co all at home this year....there are other good things happening too but hey let’s not tell all the secrets. See you on THE REAL HILL come fall!

I really hope WC and BC are both at full health whenever they play this year so injuries can no longer be the excuse
WestCarterComet Wrote:I really hope WC and BC are both at full health whenever they play this year so injuries can no longer be the excuse

Agree completely. Hope all players remain healthy. And very happy that the game will not be played in ankle deep mud like the last 3 have.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Agree completely. Hope all players remain healthy. And very happy that the game will not be played in ankle deep mud like the last 3 have.

So which excuse you gonna go with? Injuries, coaching, or field conditions? The “ankle deep mud” should benefit a run heavy offense like bath county more than a spread team like west carter that throws the football.
WestCarterComet Wrote:So which excuse you gonna go with? Injuries, coaching, or field conditions? The “ankle deep mud” should benefit a run heavy offense like bath county more than a spread team like west carter that throws the football.

No excuses. You either win or you don’t. I answered your question about talent. See you this fall.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:No excuses. You either win or you don’t. I answered your question about talent. See you this fall.

Get your popcorn ready.... West wins easily in this one 42-13
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:No excuses. You either win or you don’t. I answered your question about talent. See you this fall.

If you were just answering my question about talent than what did field conditions have to do with the “talent” at bath county?
Any team at any time can use talent, field conditions, injuries etc to their advantage or disadvantage...
Bottom line is..... you can have all the talent in the world but the coaching and play calling I’ve seen from Poynter and his coaching staff is far less than what I’ve seen at middle school games.
Bath has some talent coming up but unless there are changes made Poynter will continue to “call it his way” and the results will be the same as this past season
ScoutTeam Wrote:Any team at any time can use talent, field conditions, injuries etc to their advantage or disadvantage...
Bottom line is..... you can have all the talent in the world but the coaching and play calling I’ve seen from Poynter and his coaching staff is far less than what I’ve seen at middle school games.
Bath has some talent coming up but unless there are changes made Poynter will continue to “call it his way” and the results will be the same as this past season

Bath county went to the spread late last season and threw the ball almost every play. Poynter did a complete 180 with the offense. Curious to see what happens with their offense this coming season.
(01-08-2020, 04:47 AM)WILDCAT NATION Wrote: [ -> ]
WestCarterComet Wrote:Poynter doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with

Hope everyone believes that going into 2020. 2 best players on the team didn’t play more than a game between them last year and they are both back and look good. Really good numbers working out. Others kids that have played before have stated they will be out after basketball/ baseball. Bath Co gets WC, SV, and Martin Co all at home this year....there are other good things happening too but hey let’s not tell all the secrets. See you on THE REAL HILL come fall!
Running clock.
Pages: 1 2