Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boys basketball scrimmages in 14th, 15th & 16th regions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you have and pre'season scrimmages please post them here. Thank you
I believe Pikeville has Wesley Christian on the 23rd and playing Hazard in the ZipZone classic.
Russell @ Johnson Central November 23th 2:40 pm.
Russell Pan-O-Rama November 26th

Fairview vs Portsmouth West,Ohio 5pm

Lewis County vs Portsmouth,Ohio 6:30pm

Russell vs New Boston, Ohio 8pm
Thanks
Tick...tick...tick.... it's almost that time. Basketball season is the best!
If I am not mistaken, Betsy Layne is having the Junior Newsome panorama on the Hill on November 30th. Betsy Layne plays Perry Central. Not sure of the rest of the teams in it.
Games at Bath County High School on Saturday Nov 23.

10:00am Bath Co. vs Menifee Co. - 6th Grade (Four 4-minute quarters)
11:00am Bath Co. vs Menifee Co. - 7th Grade (Four 5-minute quarters)
12noon Bath Co. vs Menifee Co. - 8th Grade (Four 6-minute quarters)
1:15pm Rose Hill vs. Owsley County- JV (one 20-minute half - running clock)
1:45pm Rose Hill vs. Owsley County- Varsity (four 8-minute quarters)
3:15pm Oneida Baptist vs. Gallatin County- JV (one 20-minute half - running clock)
3:45pm Oneida Baptist vs. Gallatin County- Varsity (four 8-minute quarters)
5:15pm Bath County vs. Harrison Co. - Freshmen (one 15 min. half -running clock)
5:45pm Bath County vs. Harrison Co - JV (one 20-minute half -running clock)
6:15pm Bath County vs. Harrison Co - Varsity (four 8-minute quarters)
What scrimmages are the week in the 15th and 16th region?
Wolverine Wrote:What scrimmages are the week in the 15th and 16th region?

Saturday, November 23rd Johnson Central is hosting the Hutch 15th Region Preseason Challenge.

12 PM- Lawrence County vs. Perry Central

1:20- Letcher Central vs. Danville

2:40- Belfry vs. Russell

4:00- Magoffin County vs. Raceland

5:20- Shelby Valley vs. Knott Central

6:40- Paintsville vs. Clay County

8:00- Johnson Central vs. Rowan County.

Also on Saturday Pikeville hosts Wesley Christian in a scrimmage at 6 PM.
clipperw Wrote:Saturday, November 23rd Johnson Central is hosting the Hutch 15th Region Preseason Challenge.

Russell took a tough hit the other day, big man 6'5 Charlie Bechtel broke a bone in his foot and might be out until February sometime.
Can anyone tell me if they are games at Floyd Central this weekend and if so what is the schedule?
Hazard 26th at Memorial Gym
clipperw Wrote:Saturday, November 23rd Johnson Central is hosting the Hutch 15th Region Preseason Challenge.

Bolz, Shelly valley won't know what hit them on Saturday when the cape crusaders take the court like a boss! Batman Higgy and Lil' Robin will be flying around the court like bees on a soda can. Spiderman McGuire and Quickdraw Napper will be snappin the ole rim like ole fatpat snapped CT's golfcart axle, double wowza! Don't forget White Chocolate 2.0 Williams will be the nail in Shelly's coffin this weekend.

#capecrusaderswillbeindahouse #doulblekwikwontbethesame More mash taters please!!!!
Hutch 15th Region Preseason Challenge will be an entertaining series of games. Clay & Paintsville should be a good game. I will be in attendance for the entire day and looking forward to watching all these teams.
Do you have an score updates for these games?
Harlan County wins 67-48 at Buckhorn.
Spurlock with 27, Noah with 14 and Cole with 11 for HCHS.
Bowling with 21 and Collins with 13 for Buckhorn.
Any scores from the Hutch 15th region challenge today?
I got to stop by Pikeville and watch them take on Wesley Christian A squad minus 2 players I think. Pikeville without 2 starters I believe Byers (injury) and Lockhart (football) and a few more football players. I don’t remember final score but I think Wesley Christian won by 7. Hall played well for Pikeville battled all evening against two really good guards. He at least finished with 16 points maybe more. Samons went down early in the 3rd with a knee injury and didn’t return. Saw him walking out after the game so I hope he is ok. I saw a sophomore from pikeville I think his last name is Robinson step in for Byers and he surprised me. He could be a name to watch for in next few years. 21 and 0 for Wesley Christian could really play. Pikeville could take a few bumps early on but once they get healthy and all the football players back and in the groove they could make some noise at the end of the year.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:Any scores from the Hutch 15th region challenge today?

Unsure of all scores, but I know JC beat Rowan, Paintsville beat Clay County, Shelby Valley (79) over Knott County (71), and Belfry (54) over Russell (45).
Lawrence county beat perry central 69-63
Danville beat Letcher Central
Basketballmom41 Wrote:Unsure of all scores, but I know JC beat Rowan, Paintsville beat Clay County, Shelby Valley (79) over Knott County (71), and Belfry (54) over Russell (45).

[Image: style-blogs-the-gq-eye-mittiron.gif]
Bolz ole Fatpat bout had a nervous breakdown in this mutha! Was ahead in the 4th and the wheels fell off like a mutha! Big Bizness said big guy just got to iron out a few details and wez be rolling! Says wez going to shorten the rotation down and the early Christmas present of ole Iron Curtain Hofsess be fighting for a starting position baby! #roadtrip #willbounceback More mash taters please!!!
Perry lost a close game to Lawrence County this past weekend. We have to improve on our defense and be able to cause a little more chaos on the floor by making it a full court game this season. We lost several seniors from last year and it may take it several games for us to figure out how we can play and who we can play. This will be an exciting year for the Commodores.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell Pan-O-Rama November 26th

Fairview vs Portsmouth West,Ohio 5pm

Lewis County vs Portsmouth,Ohio 6:30pm

Russell vs New Boston, Ohio 8pm

I had one of the Matchups Wrong.

It is Lewis County vs Piketon,Ohio instead of Portsmouth. The rest are Correct.
The Weatherman Wrote:Perry lost a close game to Lawrence County this past weekend. We have to improve on our defense and be able to cause a little more chaos on the floor by making it a full court game this season. We lost several seniors from last year and it may take it several games for us to figure out how we can play and who we can play. This will be an exciting year for the Commodores.

Perry has to find a player to go to in crunch time. Losing a good group of seniors hurt but in the long run other players will develop. One new addition is athletic and a good rebounder, jump out of the gym kind of guy, but isn't polished around the basket but will improve as the season goes. Hoskins knows the game and this wasn't too bad of a loss. Perry will be in the thick of things.
Pikeville has a bunch out cause of football still but by the looks of it they will be just fine by Feb. Robinson stepped up BIG for the Panthers has really improved since last year. Gonna be a fun year to watch.
I got to check out some action at Pburg last night. Prestonsburg may surprise some people this year. With Gunner Williams back he will make a difference for them.

Martin County vs BL was about as expected. MC will go as far as Dingess takes them. James doesn’t really impress me for someone that’s 6’10. Yes he had some dunks and blocks as expected but he missed a lot of easy ones and got push out of position for rebounds. Robinson for BL is their best player. Seemed like against man to man he was only one who could create a shot. BL will struggle against a good pressure D as they don’t have a true floor general. They don’t have any seniors so they could improve in two years.
Does anyone have teams and game times for Junior Newsome panarama at Betsy Lane tomarrow.