Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4a Final RPI Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
730 boyle co
706 j central
697 franklin co
689 wayne co
661 lex catholic
602 hopkinsville
598 madisonville
589 harlan co
586 corbin
584 shelby co
So, I heard last night on radio that Madisonville-North would now have to travel to Logan due to the three way tie. Looking at this, wouldn’t that be Logan Co traveling to Hopkinsville and Madisonville-North at home for two rounds.
mysonis55 Wrote:So, I heard last night on radio that Madisonville-North would now have to travel to Logan due to the three way tie. Looking at this, wouldn’t that be Logan Co traveling to Hopkinsville and Madisonville-North at home for two rounds.

RPI doesn't go into effect until 3rd. round of the playoffs. MNH do to tie breaker is #3 seed in the district and will travel to #2 seed Logan County.
Wayne is very dangerous.
What happened when JC passed FC is a matchup on the fast turf @ JC (which favors FC) as opposed to the slow goat ranch at FC (which favors JC). I'm not sure the Flyers are ready for a ground and pound offense like the Golden Eagles run.

Wayne Co is much improved but a matchup @ Boyle Co will be tough for them. The Rebels matchup well and are built to stop the run. Plus they played last season and the Rebels pit it on em.

Boyle Co road looks something like this:

Anderson Co (home)
LexCath (home)
Scott (home)
Wayne Co (home)
Johnson Central (UK)

Good luck to all of the teams out there and here's to a healthy and fun playoffs!

Go Rebels!!!
FoSho Wrote:What happened when JC passed FC is a matchup on the fast turf @ JC (which favors FC) as opposed to the slow goat ranch at FC (which favors JC). I'm not sure the Flyers are ready for a ground and pound offense like the Golden Eagles run.

Wayne Co is much improved but a matchup @ Boyle Co will be tough for them. The Rebels matchup well and are built to stop the run. Plus they played last season and the Rebels pit it on em.

Anderson Co (home)
LexCath (home)
Scott (home)
Wayne Co (home)
Johnson Central (UK)

Good luck to all of the teams out there and here's to a healthy and fun playoffs!

Go Rebels!!!

May your predictions come true. :Thumbs:
Franklin Co could throw a bone in things, but, I really don't see anyone knocking Boyle or JC out, except each other. Clearly the best 2 teams in there class. I'd even go as far as saying 2 Top 5 teams in entire state.
Here;s how the 3rd round would look should each district champ advance:

Moore at Hopkinsville
F Simpson at Franklin Co
Holmes at Boyle Co
Wayne Co at J Central
FoSho Wrote:What happened when JC passed FC is a matchup on the fast turf @ JC (which favors FC) as opposed to the slow goat ranch at FC (which favors JC). I'm not sure the Flyers are ready for a ground and pound offense like the Golden Eagles run.

Anderson Co (home)
LexCath (home)
Scott (home)
Wayne Co (home)
Johnson Central (UK)

Go Rebels!!!

Unless it’s double elimination Boyle won’t play Wayne and Johnson Central. Those two would meet in round three if both are lucky enough to make it there.

Anderson Co (home)
LexCath (home)
Scott (home)
Wayne Co (home)
Johnson Central (UK)

Go Rebels!!!

Wayne and Johnson Central should play in round 3. We can't play both of them.
I'm thinking:
Anderson
Lex Cath
Scott/Holmes
Hoptowm/Logan/MNH
JC
Rebel55 Wrote:Wayne and Johnson Central should play in round 3. We can't play both of them.
I'm thinking:
Anderson
Lex Cath
Scott/Holmes
Hoptowm/Logan/MNH
JC

This is what I meant to put and what I heard last night. I'm just drunk. 😬
FoSho Wrote:This is what I meant to put and what I heard last night. I'm just drunk. 😬

After last night I will only be drinking hot chocolate :partyhard
64SUR Wrote:After last night I will only be drinking hot chocolate :partyhard

Lightweight. 🙄

Anderson Co (home)
LexCath (home)
Scott (home)
Wayne Co (home)
Johnson Central (UK)

Go Rebels!!!

Boyle has nothing to worry about with Wayne county. No disrespect to the cardinals at all but... I’ve watched both teams, especially Boyle the last 3 years, Wayne will score on them, but they don’t have enough horses to win this race. It’s just a fact. Actually Wayne’s offense will fair better against Boyle’s defense than their defense will against Boyle’s O. Sloan will get his yards, that’s also just a fact of it. But I almost see his game going kinda like the one at corbin. He’ll have th yards but not the TDs, and that’s what counts. WC will probably try to control the clock, and they have that ability. But Boyle can ans will just keep getting quick hitters. So the score won’t be as high as what Boyle’s games usually go, but the game will never be in question.

I’m not counting out my hounds beating WC on the road, but it will be a big feat to do so. Either way, we aren’t beating Boyle either, shy of a complete miracle. It is what it is. The only team that can compete with Boyle in 4A is JC.
Hound05 Wrote:Boyle has nothing to worry about with Wayne county. No disrespect to the cardinals at all but... I’ve watched both teams, especially Boyle the last 3 years, Wayne will score on them, but they don’t have enough horses to win this race. It’s just a fact. Actually Wayne’s offense will fair better against Boyle’s defense than their defense will against Boyle’s O. Sloan will get his yards, that’s also just a fact of it. But I almost see his game going kinda like the one at corbin. He’ll have th yards but not the TDs, and that’s what counts. WC will probably try to control the clock, and they have that ability. But Boyle can ans will just keep getting quick hitters. So the score won’t be as high as what Boyle’s games usually go, but the game will never be in question.

I’m not counting out my hounds beating WC on the road, but it will be a big feat to do so. Either way, we aren’t beating Boyle either, shy of a complete miracle. It is what it is. The only team that can compete with Boyle in 4A is JC.

Boyle Co played Wayne Co the last two years (although Sloan didn't play) and the scores were:

2017 @ BC
Boyle - 38
Wayne - 14

2018 @ WC
Boyle - 48
Wayne - 7

I'm not worried either and I agree that the only team that can compete against Boyle Co and Johnson Central is each other. Time will tell, however.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co played Wayne Co the last two years (although Sloan didn't play) and the scores were:

2017 @ BC
Boyle - 38
Wayne - 14

2018 @ WC
Boyle - 48
Wayne - 7

I'm not worried either and I agree that the only team that can compete against Boyle Co and Johnson Central is each other. Time will tell, however.

I agree but I have a question for you FoSho did you get my PM the other day? I never know if they went threw or not
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Franklin Co could throw a bone in things, but, I really don't see anyone knocking Boyle or JC out, except each other. Clearly the best 2 teams in there class. I'd even go as far as saying 2 Top 5 teams in entire state.

Agree with all of this. Good luck to all teams though.
Does anyone have a feeling that 1,2 or 3 of the district winners will not make it to the 3rd round?
Patriot1 Wrote:I agree but I have a question for you FoSho did you get my PM the other day? I never know if they went threw or not

Sure did buddy.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Does anyone have a feeling that 1,2 or 3 of the district winners will not make it to the 3rd round?

I do feel like some districts are up for grabs, and some ain’t no way there getting beat unless they just plain out forfeited lol.
I’m just happy 4a has solid matchups this year.
I think the playoffs in 4A will be great but I also think the two top seeds will ultimately advance to Lexington after it's all said and done.
I like to think that Franklin has a "chance" against JC. I mean if they played 10 times I probably would give them a chance to win only 2 or 3 out of 10. But I think they will compete and with a couple or three turnovers who knows. I also still believe we will see Boyle and JC in Lexington.
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_178004

So, unless i'm missing something (which usually happens) the bracket that khsaa has shows Boyle and Johnson Central would meet up before Kroger field if they both advance that far.
toolaidback Wrote:https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_178004

So, unless i'm missing something (which usually happens) the bracket that khsaa has shows Boyle and Johnson Central would meet up before Kroger field if they both advance that far.

That is misleading because after the second round the match ups are done by RPI. Since Boyle County and Johnson Central are ranked first and second in RPI there is no way they can play before the finals.
FoSho Wrote:That is misleading because after the second round the match ups are done by RPI. Since Boyle County and Johnson Central are ranked first and second in RPI there is no way they can play before the finals.

Thanks!
Hot take: Lex Cath is the best team in 4A
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Hot take: Lex Cath is the best team in 4A

I agree.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co played Wayne Co the last two years (although Sloan didn't play) and the scores were:

2017 @ BC
Boyle - 38
Wayne - 14

2018 @ WC
Boyle - 48
Wayne - 7

I’d see this years matchup if it were to occur going more like 2017. Just because Sloan is that big of a difference maker. Either way though the end result will be the same. WC can also control the clock pretty well. Heck it seems like we went a whole Qtr without the ball, and I’m not even sure if they scored that qtr haha. But they don’t have the D to stop boyles weapons. But Corbin also has a pretty good shot to beat Wayne if it were to occur. If that were to happen, it’d still be the same for Boyle. Actually the score might be higher just because of the type of tempo and offense we play.
Hound05 Wrote:I’d see this years matchup if it were to occur going more like 2017. Just because Sloan is that big of a difference maker. Either way though the end result will be the same. WC can also control the clock pretty well. Heck it seems like we went a whole Qtr without the ball, and I’m not even sure if they scored that qtr haha. But they don’t have the D to stop boyles weapons. But Corbin also has a pretty good shot to beat Wayne if it were to occur. If that were to happen, it’d still be the same for Boyle. Actually the score might be higher just because of the type of tempo and offense we play.

If I was a bettin man I'd take the Hounds over Wayne Co in a rematch.

Pedigree means something in the playoffs and Corbin has been there.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 2