Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 3a Final RPI Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
704 bell co
665 tilghman
662 russell
651 etown
640 desales
638 mercer co
638 glasgow
638 belfry
633 ashland
624 bardstown
They need to get rid of this joke of a system. ASAP
Amen, brother!!!
The cream rises to the top Smile
Heres how the 3rd round would look should the district winners advance:

Glasgow at Tilghman
Desales at ETown
Fleming Co at Bell Co
Ashland at Belfry
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Heres how the 3rd round would look should the district winners advance:

Glasgow at Tilghman
Desales at ETown
Fleming Co at Bell Co
Ashland at Belfry

We can only hope. Would love to see Belfry kick some Tomcat a$$.
3A looks wide open for the taking. Bell is sitting in the catbird's seat.
PT is setting in a good spot.
mysonis55 Wrote:PT is setting in a good spot.

Sitting......haha sorry I’m bored.
Hound05 Wrote:Sitting......haha sorry I’m bored.

They will be sitting at the house
BoondockSaint Wrote:They need to get rid of this joke of a system. ASAP

Agree!
KYHSFBFan Wrote:704 bell co
665 tilghman
662 russell
651 etown
640 desales
638 mercer co
638 glasgow
638 belfry
633 ashland
624 bardstown

After last night's performance, Belfry is right where they should be. SMH!

But I've got a question, how would the final standings look if we were going by last years system instead of the RPI. Would it change alot?
BoondockSaint Wrote:They need to get rid of this joke of a system. ASAP

Honestly how could anyone argue how these panned out?
bobcatpride1 Wrote:Honestly how could anyone argue how these panned out?

Ummmmm.....

Maybe three loss Paducah Tilghman at #2 ahead of DeSales who beat them 49-14 in Paducah may be a good start...

Or.... Russell being ahead of Ashland. Ashland not only beat them at Russell, but Ashland also beat the other team that beat them. Meanwhile, Ashland is penalized for two losses to out of state teams.

I am sure Bell County fans love the system though... :biggrin:
What I will say though, is the 3rd Round games will be excellent and exciting thanks to this new system.

With that said, the two examples above scratch the surface that this is still a VERY flawed system.
It seems there is more complaint to the RPI system in the lower 3 classes than the upper 3. Any hypothesis why is seems a little more accurate in some and not in others?
Hatz Wrote:It seems there is more complaint to the RPI system in the lower 3 classes than the upper 3. Any hypothesis why is seems a little more accurate in some and not in others?

1. The "scheduling up" bonus points have a larger effect the smaller the class. See KCD as a prime example. If you are a team like KCD who schedule mediocre schools from bigger classes (Atherton, Thomas Nelson, Seneca, Iroqouis, Southern, it really benefits you to get those massive bonus points. Meanwhile, 5A and 6A teams have less ability for those bonuses.

2. Out of State scheduling is trickier. Most of your big schools should always be on pretty equal footing or playing down when scheduling most out of state teams. There is a lot more variance in the smaller schools.

For example, look at Ashland.

Ashland didn't get the reward they deserved for beating 9-1 Ironton,OH and they got penalized too harshly for losing to 9-1 Spring Valley (comparable to a KY 6A school)

If you are a smaller school who has to play out of state it would now seem to be prudent to schedule for wins because at best you beat a .500 RPI team and if you lose it is as if you lost to a .500 RPI team which is brutal.
Too much whining going on over the rpi. The best teams will win in the end.
pjdoug Wrote:Too much whining going on over the rpi. The best teams will win in the end.

Truest statement I've seen so far regarding the RPI.

Belfry is 3-2 at home and 3-1 on the road this year. Might be beneficial for the Pirates to go on a couple road trips!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Truest statement I've seen so far regarding the RPI.

Belfry is 3-2 at home and 3-1 on the road this year. Might be beneficial for the Pirates to go on a couple road trips!

3A is gonna be fun to watch with the parity.
Belfry goes to Log Mountain in the 4th round and wins on the Bobcat Hilton.
four quarters Wrote:Belfry goes to Log Mountain in the 4th round and wins on the Bobcat Hilton.

Hope your right my friend. IF we make it to the 4th round, Ashland or Russell will definitely have something to say about that, this would be a dandy!
four quarters Wrote:Belfry goes to Log Mountain in the 4th round and wins on the Bobcat Hilton.
This opinion (wishful thinking) is based on your dislike of Bell County , and being a biased Corbin fan. lol
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hope your right my friend. IF we make it to the 4th round, Ashland or Russell will definitely have something to say about that, this would be a dandy!
It would definitely be fun to see a matchup between the two Coach H's.
So does the rpi go up or down when it gets to the 4th round or it stay as it is now
pjdoug Wrote:It would definitely be fun to see a matchup between the two Coach H's.

pj, alot of people are discounting the Bobcats because of the weak regular season schedule but Bell County, IMO, is the real deal! They've done exactly what they were supposed to do with a weak schedule and that's dominate it. If a Belfry vs Bell County game happens in the 4th round, it'll be one to see.
#55PirateFan Wrote:pj, alot of people are discounting the Bobcats because of the weak regular season schedule but Bell County, IMO, is the real deal! They've done exactly what they were supposed to do with a weak schedule and that's dominate it. If a Belfry vs Bell County game happens in the 4th round, it'll be one to see.

I'm just poking and trying to liven the crowd up, but Bell County is the real deal. My Colonels are better than most people realize and strong on that defensive front, and Bell County with their game changer quarterback moved the ball at will on them, and I'd never underestimate Dudley Hilton like him or not. Then we also know what kind of coaching and tradition Belfry has. I think it will be a great smashmouth game that either team could win. Hopefully one of them brings the hardware back to the mountains.
pjdoug Wrote:This opinion (wishful thinking) is based on your dislike of Bell County , and being a biased Corbin fan. lol

Hilton and Haywood seems awesome. I just think Belfry has been challenged more and could hurt Bell with their schedule as mentioned too many times.
Stephney was a WR at Bearden before being recruited to Bell. Bearden was 4-6 this year. I think they definitely needed him. He will be a very good slot receiver, return man and maybe wildcat in college.
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:So does the rpi go up or down when it gets to the 4th round or it stay as it is now

RPI stands after the end of the regular season.

It is set.
Pages: 1 2