Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Little Miami Ohio 48 Simon Kenton 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tough loss for the Pioneers.
SK Freshman Chase Crone threw 167 yards 2 tds and ran 84 rushing yards.
RB Hammack 127 yard rushing 3 tds and one receiving td.
Little Miami will make the playoffs and play LaSalle next week. SK will host the Camels next week.
Tough loss heading into the playoffs.
LM qb Reder threw for 400 yards 6 tds.
Little Miami is a division II school. SK's Achilles heel is their defense. Allowing 48 points...not good.
JustADad Wrote:Little Miami is a division II school. SK's Achilles heel is their defense. Allowing 48 points...not good.

LM QB Reder is a 6'2 215 2000 yard passer not many have stopped him this year.
UK1fan Wrote:LM QB Reder is a 6'2 215 2000 yard passer not many have stopped him this year.

Little Miami has not scored 48 against any other team this season. And they generally play the smaller division 2 schools. A very small school, Ross, held them to 24.
JustADad Wrote:Little Miami has not scored 48 against any other team this season. And they generally play the smaller division 2 schools. A very small school, Ross, held them to 24.

Good for Ross.
UK1fan Wrote:Good for Ross.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but your Pioneers have an awful defense. Little Miami, a Cincinnati area small school, had not hung 7 TD's on any opponent this year until they were lucky enough to play Simon Kenton, Friday night. SK has given up a boatload of points, often allowing low scoring teams many more points than their season averages. SK will likely bow out 3rd round in the playoffs.
Little Miami High School has an enrollment of 1,159 students - not a huge school by Ohio standards, but it is also certainly not a small school either. I's Cal Prep rating would place Little Miami just above Scott County if it were located in Kentucky.

This was not a horrible loss for Simon Kenton. If SK had won, it would have been a mild upset. With the win, LM moved to 8-2.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Little Miami High School has an enrollment of 1,159 students - not a huge school by Ohio standards, but it is also certainly not a small school either. I's Cal Prep rating would place Little Miami just above Scott County if it were located in Kentucky.

This was not a horrible loss for Simon Kenton. If SK had won, it would have been a mild upset. With the win, LM moved to 8-2.

Little Miami is a 2nd tier Ohio school. Not a football power and that is why Marksberry and SK scheduled them. SK could play the likes of Elder, Cincy St X, Moeller, Fairfield, Colerain etc...but they choose to play the Mt. Healthy's and Oak Hills...Someday, if they step up, maybe their competition level will ensure them a shot at a state title. Until then, they are an early out every year.
JustADad Wrote:Little Miami is a 2nd tier Ohio school. Not a football power and that is why Marksberry and SK scheduled them. SK could play the likes of Elder, Cincy St X, Moeller, Fairfield, Colerain etc...but they choose to play the Mt. Healthy's and Oak Hills...Someday, if they step up, maybe their competition level will ensure them a shot at a state title. Until then, they are an early out every year.

Ha and Highlands stepped up and played Scott lol. Birds will be a first round exit.
UK1fan Wrote:Ha and Highlands stepped up and played Scott lol. Birds will be a first round exit.

I see you have no defense of the SK scheduling practices, and rightfully so, since there is no excuse for a school the size of SK continually scheduling lower level non district games. As I said before, if they ever step and play decent competition week in and week out, they may actually do something past the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. Until then, they are just a speed bump on the road to the 6A title game for some other team every year.
Just gonna say, Johnson Central isn’t lower level, and I am glad SK had the fortitude to schedule that game.