Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co moves up to #1 in 3A RPI rankings.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big win tonight against a ranked 4A team helped a lot.
Belfry at Bell to go to state. Mark it down.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry at Bell to go to state. Mark it down.

Maybe. Definitely be one big atmosphere on Log Mtn for that game. Hope it happens.
It won’t be Belfry to Bell. Semi state they will play the lowest RPI team remaining. I’m gonna say Bardstown to Bell.
Lord Grantham Wrote:It won’t be Belfry to Bell. Semi state they will play the lowest RPI team remaining. I’m gonna say Bardstown to Bell.

So you think Bardstown will make the semis?
I think E-town beats Bardstown again.
Lord Grantham Wrote:It won’t be Belfry to Bell. Semi state they will play the lowest RPI team remaining. I’m gonna say Bardstown to Bell.

I give Bardstown a chance, but I just don’t see them running that gauntlet and making it to the semis, but stranger things have happened and there is a lot of football to be played.
So looking at RPI final rankings, 3rd round matchups look like Belfry will either be at Russell or host Ashland depending on who wins that rematch of those 2 and Bell will host Fleming County assuming they come out of their district. Then round 3 matchups in the west looks like Desales will be at Elizabethtown and Glasgow will be at Paducah Tilghman. This is assuming that Desales comes out of their district which includes Mercer and CAL and Elizabethtown beats Bardstown again. Anyone agree?
pirateforlife Wrote:So looking at RPI final rankings, 3rd round matchups look like Belfry will either be at Russell or host Ashland depending on who wins that rematch of those 2 and Bell will host Fleming County assuming they come out of their district. Then round 3 matchups in the west looks like Desales will be at Elizabethtown and Glasgow will be at Paducah Tilghman. This is assuming that Desales comes out of their district which includes Mercer and CAL and Elizabethtown beats Bardstown again. Anyone agree?

Nope, but it sounds good so I’ll agree with you hahaha. I’m just kidding. I’m still trying to warm up so I looked at all the RPIs while (trying) doing so. I think you’re correct unless I missed something too. At first I thought belfry would host both but that’s not the case. Just Ashland if that happens to work out. Desales district was just a mess to me when I looked at the records and opponents, not the RPI. Lot of I guess an anomalies I guess is the word. That’s one tough district this year.
I think what's crazy is Ashland beat Russell and they were both 8-2 but Russell is higher in rpi. I guess Ashlands 3 out of state games compared to Russell's was the reason. If Russell wins their rematch with Ashland then they could be home-away-home for the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs which is unusual.
Belfry traveling to Paducah is very possible to happen if CAL beats Desales and wins their 3rd round matchup also which isn't absurd to think about. Likely matchup for semi finals if CAL and Belfry are both remaining would be Belfry at Paduch and CAL at Bell. That would have to be the farthest distance a KY team has ever had to travel for an in state game in the history of the KHSAA.
If it happens and it should we should see a rematch of one of the best games in the Area this year Russell at Ashland. With this game at Ashland I still believe this will be another great game in two weeks if Russell and Ashland wins next weekend.
Bell Co was the only school in 3A to finish with a RPI of .700 or better.
bucslover68 Wrote:I give Bardstown a chance, but I just don’t see them running that gauntlet and making it to the semis, but stranger things have happened and there is a lot of football to be played.

Bardstown had Elizabethtown beaten and blew it. I don’t see that happening twice. Then, Round 3 would be P.T. and I think the Tigers fast defense matches up very nicely with PT. Playoff runs favor teams who can throw and play stout run defense. Those are Bardstown’s strengths.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Bardstown had Elizabethtown beaten and blew it. I don’t see that happening twice. Then, Round 3 would be P.T. and I think the Tigers fast defense matches up very nicely with PT. Playoff runs favor teams who can throw and play stout run defense. Those are Bardstown’s strengths.

Like I said I still give Bardstown a chance, but a lot has to go right for them . The more I look at them, they are very dangerous for sure.

Bell is in other side of bracket they have the playoff brackets on the khsaa website
BobcatForever Wrote:Bell is in other side of bracket they have the playoff brackets on the khsaa website

Once you get to semi-state, they just seed the 4 remaining teams. There are no semi-state brackets.
No great teams in 3A. A bunch of good teams. Bell has the chance to prove me wrong.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Once you get to semi-state, they just seed the 4 remaining teams. There are no semi-state brackets.

go to khsaa scoreboards look at bell county the click on 3a playoffs beside of bells next opponent it gives the bracket all way thru unless khsaa listed it wrong
Grantham I may be looking at it wrong lol
It’s a great day to be a Bobcat! 10-0 regular season and number 1 in 3A. Coach Hilton has turned our program from a dumpster fire to a contender in 3 years!
BobcatForever Wrote:go to khsaa scoreboards look at bell county the click on 3a playoffs beside of bells next opponent it gives the bracket all way thru unless khsaa listed it wrong

After Round 2 it is seeding based.

Assuming Fleming County wins and then Belfry/Ashland/Russell... the 3rd Round Game will be Fleming County.

4th Round is entirely too impossible to know right now, but if Bell County is there they will be hosting.

My prediction is Belfry @ Bell in Round 4.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:After Round 2 it is seeding based.

Assuming Fleming County wins and then Belfry/Ashland/Russell... the 3rd Round Game will be Fleming County.

4th Round is entirely too impossible to know right now, but if Bell County is there they will be hosting.

My prediction is Belfry @ Bell in Round 4.

right that's what I was saying you got to keep winning even with rpi if you win it is east vs east and west vs west until championship game
BobcatForever Wrote:right that's what I was saying you got to keep winning even with rpi if you win it is east vs east and west vs west until championship game

Not necessarily. It's east vs east and west vs west first 3 rounds. In round 4 there will be 2 teams from east left and 2 teams from west left. If the 1 and 4 seeds are both from the east or west then 2 and 3 will be the other which means round 4 will also be east vs east and west vs west. If 1 seed is east and 4 is west then you will have east vs west in the semis for both games. Then it could be an all east or all west finals depending on who wins in round 4.
Round 4 is seeded 1 thru 4 by RPI, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 with 1 and 2 playing home. It doesn’t matter if it’s east or west, it’s seeded by RPI. We could possibly play Belfry in finals.
RPI is the new set up and Bell has the highest ranking, but Dudley isn’t THE reason they are where they are. These players deserve more credit for the time and hard work they have put into the program. There are kids that played in Middle School and worked hard for the teams then. Obviously Stephney has helped make this team what it is this year it isn’t just Log Mountain’s Savior. Good luck bobcats.
pirateforlife Wrote:Not necessarily. It's east vs east and west vs west first 3 rounds. In round 4 there will be 2 teams from east left and 2 teams from west left. If the 1 and 4 seeds are both from the east or west then 2 and 3 will be the other which means round 4 will also be east vs east and west vs west. If 1 seed is east and 4 is west then you will have east vs west in the semis for both games. Then it could be an all east or all west finals depending on who wins in round 4.

gotcha
CatBlue Wrote:Round 4 is seeded 1 thru 4 by RPI, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 with 1 and 2 playing home. It doesn’t matter if it’s east or west, it’s seeded by RPI. We could possibly play Belfry in finals.

gotcha but what if one of those seeds gets beat out before then
four quarters Wrote:RPI is the new set up and Bell has the highest ranking, but Dudley isn’t THE reason they are where they are. These players deserve more credit for the time and hard work they have put into the program. There are kids that played in Middle School and worked hard for the teams then. Obviously Stephney has helped make this team what it is this year it isn’t just Log Mountain’s Savior. Good luck bobcats.

If Coach Hilton found the cure for a disease you still wouldn’t give him credit. He does a phenomenal job. Our players have done wonderful things. They just needed the right coach and staff to bring it out of them. We have that now. Coach Hilton has saved our program again led our players in the right direction.
It would be the next highest RPI
Pages: 1 2