Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 53 Madisonville 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final... Wow what a game by 2 outstanding teams..
WOW... Congrats Mayfield
MNH is a heck of a team. Lots of grit and fight. Will be rooting for them. Mr Hightower is a great running back. Red birds still has to find some heart on D. It’s not going to play out for them in a few weeks if they don’t figure it out soon. I’ll still be there rooting for my Redbirds.
Not familiar with madisonville at all but should Mayfield supporters be worried about giving up 50 points?? Serious question with no disrespect meant in any way... just a thought
Elite Eagle Wrote:Not familiar with madisonville at all but should Mayfield supporters be worried about giving up 50 points?? Serious question with no disrespect meant in any way... just a thought

OWB Cath gave up 56 to Apollo. I wouldn’t worry too much.
A game of 2 halves. Mayfield led 36-13 at the half, scoring 5 TDs and a FG in 6 1st half possessions with 335 yards.. Madisonville got a quick 3 and out on the Cards to start the 3rd quarter and put a nice scoring drive to cut the lead 15, then got a turnover on an interception and a 2nd quick score to cut the lead to 7 with still over 9 minutes left in 3rd and it was game on from there. Madisonville actually took the lead 50-43, but, Mayfield scored the last 10 to end the game. The Cards kicked a 19 yard field goal with 8 secs left to take the lead and break the tie. 2 great teams that played there hearts out. Hightower's the real deal for Madisonville and Reynolds is a solid QB throwing it and also running it. Stinson had a big night with over 300 yards in the air while Neely came up big on both sides of the ball, for Mayfield..
Congrats to Mayfield
Elite Eagle Wrote:Not familiar with madisonville at all but should Mayfield supporters be worried about giving up 50 points?? Serious question with no disrespect meant in any way... just a thought

Of course they should. The big question is can any 2-A school do that? We shall see, but we shall also see if any 2 a school can stop the cards from scoring 40 or more. Props to madisonville and the cards, neither gave up when they were punched in the mouth.
When Madisonville scored 2 quick TDs and 2 2 point conversions early in the 3rd quarter, in addition to stopping the Cards on there 1st 2 2nd half possessions, they really ceased the momentum. Props to Mayfield for keeping there composure and coming back the way they did.. Their offense is very polished. Madisonville's going to be a tough out in the playoffs. They have a big time RB in Hightower and several nice weapons in addition to Reynolds at QB. He's excellent at the short passing game. Gave the Cards fits all night long.
Mayfield jumps Somerset in the final RPI with a .753 to .7527 for Somerset, barring any last minute updates still missing. So if Somerset were to beat LCA in round 2, Mayfield would be the 1 seed in rounds 3 and 4 if they were also to win.
RoShamBo Wrote:Mayfield jumps Somerset in the final RPI with a .753 to .7527 for Somerset, barring any last minute updates still missing. So if Somerset were to beat LCA in round 2, Mayfield would be the 1 seed in rounds 3 and 4 if they were also to win.
how did u see that mayfield jumped them... im showing both teams are at .753...???like where did u get that info?? Khsaa says .753 for both teams...
I feel as though the Red Birds were kind of relaxing a bit too early in the start of the second half and did not regain their composure until they got smacked in the mouth. They have definitely got to learn to put teams away when they have them down.
Mayfield
Passing- Jayden Stinson 18-31-2-320
Rushing- Kylan Galbreath 17-82, Haliburton 8-66
Receiving- Diaz Perry 7-131, Kade Neely 6-85. Neely had 2 receiving TD and 1 rushing

Madisonville North Hopkins
Passing- Hayden Reynolds 20-37-2-235
Rushing- Jeriah Hightower 27-177, Reynolds 10-115
Receiving- Nick Grant 5-67, Metheny 4-51
ontopofthewest Wrote:how did u see that mayfield jumped them... im showing both teams are at .753...???like where did u get that info?? Khsaa says .753 for both teams...

Just did the math on it because I wasn't sure how it worked either. KHSAA's first tie breaker is the full RPI calculation out to as many decimal places as it takes until one team is higher. Mayfield's was .753 on the nose, Somerset's was .7527.
I do not like this rpi crap.
Lots closer than expected.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Lots closer than expected.

I agree, but that just tells you how good Madisonville is, they had lost 1 game in the final play of the game to an undefeated (at the time) 4A school
You cannot sleep on Madisonville or Hoptown.
mysonis55 Wrote:I do not like this rpi crap.

Me either 55!
Congrats Mayfield!
mysonis55 Wrote:You cannot sleep on Madisonville or Hoptown.

So who do you think will come out of that district? Logan, hoptown, or Madville. Madisonville is now the 3 seed, and goes to Logan round 1. Hoptown gets a cakewalk 1st round then host the winner. I think Madisonville beats Logan on the road, then goes in, and beats Hoptown on the road.
Hoptown
Does Hoptown play better D than Madville? Does Logan Co? Sheesh.
Hoptown has better D
Didn't see or listen to the game but seeing the stats on the game and looking at score seems to me that neither team had a great defensive effort and they just played to outscore each other. If Mayfield is to advance and win they better pray they don't run into a team with a very good defense. A team with a strong defense and are capable of putting lots of points on the scoreboard will win. Always heard defense wins games and I don't think Mayfield is strong this year. Just an observation from their points given up in some games. I haven't seen them play.
I think Madisonville is the best of the 3.. They have a stud at RB and a dual threat QB that can also make things happen. Add in another couple of nice looking WRs and a big, strong line and I like what they bring to the table. They're actually pretty solid defensively. Prior to the Mayfield game, 26 points was the most anyone had scored on them. Mayfield was just playing lights out football in that 1st half. After that, the Maroon D picked it up and got a few stops.

Hop'Town is capable, but, they've been somewhat inconsistent. They have some nice athletes, probably more speed and athleticism than Madisonville, but, at times, there offense gets stagnant. Pretty decent defensively, good tacklers, pursue well, defend the pass pretty well, good quickness, little undersized but tough kids.

Couldn't tell you much about Logan Co. except they beat Madisonville and played Hop'Town close, so, I assume they're pretty solid. I still think the other 2 are better teams than Logan, but, they're good enough that you have to play good football or they'll end your season for you.
deadfish Wrote:Didn't see or listen to the game but seeing the stats on the game and looking at score seems to me that neither team had a great defensive effort and they just played to outscore each other. If Mayfield is to advance and win they better pray they don't run into a team with a very good defense. A team with a strong defense and are capable of putting lots of points on the scoreboard will win. Always heard defense wins games and I don't think Mayfield is strong this year. Just an observation from their points given up in some games. I haven't seen them play.

I agree, but, I'm not sure anyone in 2A can stop there offense.. LCA is giving up 170 yards a game through the air and have given up a ton of points and I doubt too many of those teams are as good as the Cardinals are offensively. Somerset has been better defensively and actually has scored at a high clip, as well. There D only gives up 88 yards a game through the air. I think they present the biggest challenge to Mayfield, but, I also don't think the Bunnies have played a team as crisp and precise offensively, so, who knows. Breathitt and OB Catholic may present a bigger challenge than either. Both those teams score a ton of points and Breathitt isn't giving up many, but, they've not played a team close to the talent level and ability that Mayfield would present. OB Catholic likes a shootout type game and Mayfield will gladly give it to them. That one would be fun to watch. Just feel like Mayfield would get an extra stop or 2 in the game and eventually get the W.. Outside of those 5, I don't think there's anyone else capable of stringing together 5 in a row, so, I think it'll come down to one of those 5 teams..
deadfish Wrote:Didn't see or listen to the game but seeing the stats on the game and looking at score seems to me that neither team had a great defensive effort and they just played to outscore each other. If Mayfield is to advance and win they better pray they don't run into a team with a very good defense. A team with a strong defense and are capable of putting lots of points on the scoreboard will win. Always heard defense wins games and I don't think Mayfield is strong this year. Just an observation from their points given up in some games. I haven't seen them play.

I agree, but, I'm not sure anyone in 2A can stop there offense.. LCA is giving up 170 yards a game through the air and have given up a ton of points and I doubt too many of those teams are as good as the Cardinals are offensively. Somerset has been better defensively and actually has scored at a high clip, as well. There D only gives up 88 yards a game through the air. I think they present the biggest challenge to Mayfield, but, I also don't think the Bunnies have played a team as crisp and precise offensively, so, who knows. Breathitt and OB Catholic may present a bigger challenge than either. Both those teams score a ton of points and Breathitt isn't giving up many, but, they've not played a team close to the talent level and ability that Mayfield would present. OB Catholic likes a shootout type game and Mayfield will gladly give it to them. That one would be fun to watch. Just feel like Mayfield would get an extra stop or 2 in the game and eventually get the W.. Outside of those 5, I don't think there's anyone else capable of stringing together 5 in a row, so, I think it'll come down to one of those 5 teams..
OB Catholic has no chance against Mayfield. They just go blown out by Apollo.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:OB Catholic has no chance against Mayfield. They just go blown out by Apollo.

I agree. They have never beaten Mayfield and this ain't the year they get their first win.
Pages: 1 2