Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 27 Corbin 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!

Congratulations Jumpers!!

What a great great game!!!!
A lot closer than i expected! Congrats Somerset great effort by Corbin.
Heck of ball game. Another good one for the fans at Campbell field. Hounds came up short. But they played very well against a great somerset team. A couple weird calls go the other way and this game has a different outcome. Credit the bunnies though on the win, they played great too! And they made the big plays they needed to at the end to seal it.

I’m not happy with the officials in this one at all. I’m not saying that’s why we lost and Anyone who does, well..... somerset deserved to win, but one crazy call going the other way would have changed the column for these teams.
Congrats Somerset
Btw, somerset QB is fun to watch. Corbins Dline done a great job against him, but a very special player
I’m emotionally spent after this one. Somerset had so many chances to put this game away and kept letting Corbin back in the game over and over again.

Corbin is young, but every team in the state would love to be this young and that good at the same time. Record means zilch. They’re for real. And the Longmire kid showed up in a big way.

Somerset has had one of the best teams I’ve seen in a while and they’re taking a physical beating every single game. The injury bug has to go away.
Hard fought win in a tough place to play. The Jumpers came in banged up and it sounded like they got a little more banged up. They were missing 3 starters on the offensive line but it sounded like the ones that filled their spots did a nice job. Hopefully Jase Bruner is okay. They really need him moving forward.

Good win Jumpers and Congratulations to Coach Lucas on his 100th career win.
Congrats to Bunnies. Hope they did not lose another back tonight.
CowboyDad Wrote:I’m emotionally spent after this one. Somerset had so many chances to put this game away and kept letting Corbin back in the game over and over again.

Corbin is young, but every team in the state would love to be this young and that good at the same time. Record means zilch. They’re for real. And the Longmire kid showed up in a big way.

Somerset has had one of the best teams I’ve seen in a while and they’re taking a physical beating every single game. The injury bug has to go away.
Good luck to Somerset in the playoffs, good game!
Congratulations Somerset on win :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: You guys have a hell of a team :worthy:
Looking forward to the Knox Central game next week. Oh yeah thank you Hounds05 and E’army for keeping up with the updates, I just can’t do it anymore when the temperature dropped below 35 Confusednicker:
Congrats Somerset!!
Corbin made it closer than what I predicted! Sounds like a great game by both teams. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs! I’ll be cheering for both teams in the playoffs...
Hound05 Wrote:Heck of ball game. Another good one for the fans at Campbell field. Hounds came up short. But they played very well against a great somerset team. A couple weird calls go the other way and this game has a different outcome. Credit the bunnies though on the win, they played great too! And they made the big plays they needed to at the end to seal it.

I’m not happy with the officials in this one at all. I’m not saying that’s why we lost and Anyone who does, well..... somerset deserved to win, but one crazy call going the other way would have changed the column for these teams.

By weird do you mean, actually weird? Or just calls that generally go Corbin's way every single flippen time you play a game AT Corbin? I thought Flag Mountain deserved it's name years ago, but playing at Corbin I've only saw the refs call a fair game, one time. And that was against Louisville Central a few years ago when that crazy kick catch was made. Refs called that headgear call and even I couldn't believe it. Honestly Corbin is still pretty stinken good to hang within a point of Somerset. But Somerset losing their feature running back is definitely a pretty big part of that. IMO.
My feet and hands still cold at 12 o’clock........ Going to make a big prediction Corbin is going to win a close one before playoffs is done :Cheerlead
smoke1015 Wrote:By weird do you mean, actually weird? Or just calls that generally go Corbin's way every single flippen time you play a game AT Corbin? I thought Flag Mountain deserved it's name years ago, but playing at Corbin I've only saw the refs call a fair game, one time. And that was against Louisville Central a few years ago when that crazy kick catch was made. Refs called that headgear call and even I couldn't believe it. Honestly Corbin is still pretty stinken good to hang within a point of Somerset. But Somerset losing their feature running back is definitely a pretty big part of that. IMO.

Look I’m in no way saying the refs costs us anything. Somerset deserved to win. What I mean is, when a kid tries to catch a ball and doesn’t maintain possession of it and drops it, it’s incomplete, not a fumble. Say what you will about this playing ar Corbin, that play was called incorrectly, I think most bunny fans will agree. I’d say corbin had more penalties in this game than somerset did so no, there wasn’t any home cooking. What head gear call??
Corbin has really improved this year. That’s a really good football team that Somerset just beat despite some people being down on them. They have a bunch of one point losses to really good football teams and Beechwood at Beechwood is always good.
Somerset and Mayfield are now tied at .753 in the RPI. Is there some sort of tie breaker or do they just keep adding decimal places until one is higher?

Never mind, just looked it up. Mayfield has exactly a .753 in the RPI. Somerset's is actually a .7527. So Mayfield jumps Somerset in the RPI going into the playoffs.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Corbin has really improved this year. That’s a really good football team that Somerset just beat despite some people being down on them. They have a bunch of one point losses to really good football teams and Beechwood at Beechwood is always good.

We’ve just been inconsistent. We’ve got the talent, we are just extremely young and make young mistakes. Couple that with some injuries and just bad luck, it doesn’t make a good result. Somerset will make some noise in the playoffs. They’ve got a heck of a QB and Grundy is an amazing athlete as well. They made the big plays tonight when they needed to. Corbin kept clawing back but the jumpers always held or responded. That’s a sign of a solid football team. I knew this would be a “down” year for us. My expectations haven’t went down any. I’m actually inspired by how much our young guys have grown. The next few years corbin will be back to where they were. Hopefully we can keep this old rivalry going and see some more great games in the next few years. Good luck to you guys next week, hope Grundy, I think that’s who went out, is ok. Kid is an amazing player
RoShamBo Wrote:Somerset and Mayfield are now tied at .753 in the RPI. Is there some sort of tie breaker or do they just keep adding decimal places until one is higher?

I’d be interested to see how that situation plays out. I’m sure they have to have some way to decide. Surely to god they thought about this scenario when they came up with all of this
Hound05 Wrote:Look I’m in no way saying the refs costs us anything. Somerset deserved to win. What I mean is, when a kid tries to catch a ball and doesn’t maintain possession of it and drops it, it’s incomplete, not a fumble. Say what you will about this playing ar Corbin, that play was called incorrectly, I think most bunny fans will agree. I’d say corbin had more penalties in this game than somerset did so no, there wasn’t any home cooking. What head gear call??

Lol, I'm just pulling your chain man. I have no clue what happened. I thought Somerset would win by at least 2 TDs. My young QB cousin down there must be getting better each game.

As for the headgear/facemask, etc.. call. That was the one that broke Corbin's back, I think, 2015...2014, maybe. I was there, it happened directly in front of me, my side. Probably one of the most gut wrenching losses I've ever saw a team take. Belfry then smacked that Central team around like a red-headed step-child in the final...Or maybe it was Belfry that beat Wayne that season? I'm getting old and forget.
smoke1015 Wrote:Lol, I'm just pulling your chain man. I have no clue what happened. I thought Somerset would win by at least 2 TDs. My young QB cousin down there must be getting better each game.

As for the headgear/facemask, etc.. call. That was the one that broke Corbin's back, I think, 2015...2014, maybe. I was there, it happened directly in front of me, my side. Probably one of the most gut wrenching losses I've ever saw a team take. Belfry then smacked that Central team around like a red-headed step-child in the final...Or maybe it was Belfry that beat Wayne that season? I'm getting old and forget.

I know ya are. I was about to be mad if you came down and didn’t let anyone know for the game.

Yes sir he is. The next 3 years is going to be great for that young man. Very very talented. Already High IQ for his age at QB. Hard worker. I don’t know about leadership skills, but I’d say being the kind of kid he is, he’s got them, or they will soon come. He’s already grown a lot this year. If he stays focused, and doesn’t get a big head, and knowing him and the family, he wont, he should be a very special player in the years to come.
Lots closer than expected.
Sounds like it would’ve been a good one to be at. I predicted Somerset to win in a close one. Corbin is young and I expect them to be very improved next season and back in title contention.
RoShamBo Wrote:Somerset and Mayfield are now tied at .753 in the RPI. Is there some sort of tie breaker or do they just keep adding decimal places until one is higher?

Never mind, just looked it up. Mayfield has exactly a .753 in the RPI. Somerset's is actually a .7527. So Mayfield jumps Somerset in the RPI going into the playoffs.

I do not believe it matters either way with Somerset and Lex being in same district. Since Somerset and Lex will meet in round 2 and eliminate one or the other meaning home field for who ever wins all the way to the title game whether as the 1 seed or 3 seed.

Congrats to the Bunnies tonight
Gonna be fun in the playoffs
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I do not believe it matters either way with Somerset and Lex being in same district. Since Somerset and Lex will meet in round 2 and eliminate one or the other meaning home field for who ever wins all the way to the title game whether as the 1 seed or 3 seed.

Congrats to the Bunnies tonight

True, but I can assure you it makes a big difference for teams like Beechwood and Breathitt County. Those 3 one thousandths of a point could be the difference between a team like Breathitt making a 5+ hour drive to Mayfield in the semis vs. a 2 hour trip to Somerset.
mysonis55 Wrote:Lots closer than expected.

Pretty much everyone in the prediction thread picked a one score game either way. Honestly, I was surprised that Somerset was able to go to Corbin and win with 3 starting offensive linemen out.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Pretty much everyone in the prediction thread picked a one score game either way. Honestly, I was surprised that Somerset was able to go to Corbin and win with 3 starting offensive linemen out.

That tells me that Somerset had kids who stepped up their game, which is a sign of good coaching and a extremely good team. Good luck in the playoffs.
Heck of a game. Listened on Radio. Somerset had several chances to put the game away late. Good win. Congrats to Coach Lucas on win 100.
Pages: 1 2