Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fredrick Douglass 42 Lexington Catholic 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
I seen parts of this one. Allen is gonna be a great QB at UK, unless Stoops gets him a dual threat. He loves the dual threats it seems.
Congrats to Freddie Doug. King of Lexington.
Douglass now 18-0 vs Lexington city schools in its 3 year existence.
Not hard to be successful when you've got that much speed and talent just dropped in your lap.
Closer than I predicted - but agree Allen could be special at UK. He’s one of the most intelligent HS QB’s I’ve ever seen.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:Closer than I predicted - but agree Allen could be special at UK. He’s one of the most intelligent HS QB’s I’ve ever seen.

Lets not confuse intelligence with knowing how to run an offense he’s been running since he was probably 8-10 years old and he’s been a starter since he was a freshman. He is obviously a very good qb but I think his teammates deserve some credit and they get none. Most of the LC players play together through youth football, middle school and high school. They all know their job and do it well but it seems that some want to put them down to prop Allen up. Not at all insinuating that is what you are doing in this post just ranting because I feel like the supporting cast deserves some praise.
Frank Martin Wrote:Lets not confuse intelligence with knowing how to run an offense he’s been running since he was probably 8-10 years old and he’s been a starter since he was a freshman. He is obviously a very good qb but I think his teammates deserve some credit and they get none. Most of the LC players play together through youth football, middle school and high school. They all know their job and do it well but it seems that some want to put them down to prop Allen up. Not at all insinuating that is what you are doing in this post just ranting because I feel like the supporting cast deserves some praise.

Absolutely - it takes 11. No doubt. He’s just the kid in the spotlight and will be for a while especially with the situation he’s going into at UK. Right now it seems he is definitely the 2nd string dude. Hope they can possibly redshirt him and develop him further - I think this kid can do some good things with the right system and supporting cast.

On another note, you see the importance of strong youth programs like LC and LCA - love watching these dudes come up through the ranks together.
Frank Martin Wrote:Lets not confuse intelligence with knowing how to run an offense he’s been running since he was probably 8-10 years old and he’s been a starter since he was a freshman. He is obviously a very good qb but I think his teammates deserve some credit and they get none. Most of the LC players play together through youth football, middle school and high school. They all know their job and do it well but it seems that some want to put them down to prop Allen up. Not at all insinuating that is what you are doing in this post just ranting because I feel like the supporting cast deserves some praise.

....and sometimes it's the exact opposite.

Allen is a really good QB.

FDU is overhyped.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:Closer than I predicted - but agree Allen could be special at UK. He’s one of the most intelligent HS QB’s I’ve ever seen.

I agree. Thought Douglas would've won by a little bit wider margin. Regardless, a win is a win. Congrats. And Allen is special, that's for sure.
FoSho Wrote:....and sometimes it's the exact opposite.

FDU is overhyped.

What are you trying to say?
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree. Thought Douglas would've won by a little bit wider margin. Regardless, a win is a win. Congrats. And Allen is special, that's for sure.

What exactly is special about what he did?
Frank Martin Wrote:What exactly is special about what he did?

I wasn't talking about just this game. I meant Allen is a special football player when you look what he's done his ENTIRE high school career. Anyone who can't see that is either a hater of this kid, which would be sad, or doesn't know much about the sport or position. Answer your question?
Frank Martin Wrote:What exactly is special about what he did?

I'll be honest. He didn't do anything great in the game vs FDU. He's a very good HS QB and deserves recognition for that ability.

There are a few QB in KY that are in his league or better (truth be told).
#55PirateFan Wrote:I wasn't talking about just this game. I meant Allen is a special football player when you look what he's done his ENTIRE high school career. Anyone who can't see that is either a hater of this kid, which would be sad, or doesn't know much about the sport or position. Answer your question?

I interpreted it to be about this game. He has had a great career and is obviously one of the best to do it. That being said, I do believe he is over hyped and gets too much praise and his teammates get none.
Frank Martin Wrote:What are you trying to say?

...only that sometimes the QB gets very little praise regardless of how good he plays.
FoSho Wrote:....and sometimes it's the exact opposite.

FDU is overhyped.
You personally overhype Boyle County more than any single poster has ever hyped a team. When you say that any other team is overhyped, then you can expect that most members are rolling their eyes in response. :lmao:

Boyle County may have the best team in any class. Boyle County may have the best player in the state. Boyle County may have the best quarterback in the state. Boyle County may have the best receiver in the state. Boyle County may have the most team speed in the state.

Even if all of the above is true - you overhype BC to an extreme.

Frederick Douglas may be overrated and they may even be slightly overhyped, but nobody can hold a candle to you in a one on one match of overhyping. It is your super power. :1:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You personally overhype Boyle County more than any single poster has ever hyped a team. When you say that any other team is overhyped, then you can expect that most members are rolling their eyes in response. :lmao:

Boyle County may have the best team in any class. Boyle County may have the best player in the state. Boyle County may have the best quarterback in the state. Boyle County may have the best receiver in the state. Boyle County may have the most team speed in the state.

Frederick Douglas may be overrated and they may even be slightly overhyped, but nobody can hold a candle to you in a one on one match of overhyping. It is your super power. :1:

I'm sure there are a lot of posters that agree with my post.

Why you hyping up Boyle Co in a FDU thread? 😂
FoSho Wrote:I'm sure there are a lot of posters that agree with my post.

Why you hyping up Boyle Co in a FDU thread? 😂
I am sure that there are a lot of posters who recognize the irony of your criticism of the overhyping of a team. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You personally overhype Boyle County more than any single poster has ever hyped a team. When you say that any other team is overhyped, then you can expect that most members are rolling their eyes in response. :lmao:

From what I’ve seen. It is hard to argue about Reese smith. Hard to believe there is a better player at their position than he is at WR in the state. Maybe one of those great linemen at FD or that linemen out of CAL. Beau Allen is excellent and his recruiting is on target. Reese may be underrated with limited offers. As long as he stays healthy he’ll be an impact player at WVU. Boyle should be the favorite but I was impressed by JC at Belfry. That could be a fantastic matchup in the semis. Only shame is I wish I knew how good Reese would do against another D1 DB like his teammate
UCfan1 Wrote:From what I’ve seen. It is hard to argue about Reese smith. Hard to believe there is a better player at their position than he is at WR in the state. Maybe one of those great linemen at FD or that linemen out of CAL. Beau Allen is excellent and his recruiting is on target. Reese may be underrated with limited offers. As long as he stays healthy he’ll be an impact player at WVU. Boyle should be the favorite but I was impressed by JC at Belfry. That could be a fantastic matchup in the semis. Only shame is I wish I knew how good Reese would do against another D1 DB like his teammate
I'm not arguing against any of the hype concerning Boyle County and my intent was not to jack this thread. Games are won on the field, not in front of a keyboard. Otherwise, Boyle County could order their championship rings now. BTW, if BC and JC meet, it will be in the state finals, as will any meeting between FD and Covington Catholic. Those should be two great match-ups if they materialize.
UCfan1 Wrote:From what I’ve seen. It is hard to argue about Reese smith. Hard to believe there is a better player at their position than he is at WR in the state. Maybe one of those great linemen at FD or that linemen out of CAL. Beau Allen is excellent and his recruiting is on target. Reese may be underrated with limited offers. As long as he stays healthy he’ll be an impact player at WVU. Boyle should be the favorite but I was impressed by JC at Belfry. That could be a fantastic matchup in the semis. Only shame is I wish I knew how good Reese would do against another D1 DB like his teammate

If you’re talking about Boyle and JC playing they won’t play each other until the title game.
Who is FDU's biggest threat in the 5A playoffs? CovCath??

LMAO so true tho brother. You have to know by now, to him they are world beaters with exceptional athletes and coaching staff 2nd to none.
FBfan4life Wrote:LMAO so true tho brother. You have to know by now, to him they are world beaters with exceptional athletes and coaching staff 2nd to none.

I don't know what "world beaters" means but what about the rest of your post isn't accurate?

Besides this thread is for FDU and LexCath, why is that team of "world beaters" even being mentioned?
Great game between both teams. But I think this shows a bit of a scare for douglass. How far will they make it in the playoffs due to their cupcake schedule?
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Great game between both teams. But I think this shows a bit of a scare for douglass. How far will they make it in the playoffs due to their cupcake schedule?

You forget fayette county mandates you to play every fayette county high school?
Henry Clay
Lafayette
Dunbar
Bryan station
Tates creek
Plus 4 district games
That leaves 1 game to play which was lex Catholic
Please do your research before you post cupcake comments and fayette county high schools have limited schedule flexibility
This game was never in doubt if you know football and how it’s played
lextown Wrote:You forget fayette county mandates you to play every fayette county high school?
Henry Clay
Lafayette
Dunbar
Bryan station
Tates creek
Plus 4 district games
Please do your research before you post cupcake comments and fayette county high schools have limited schedule flexibility

Fayette County public school football (by enlarge) is subpar and there is no two ways about it.

The fact they are mandated by government to play a certain schedule is pathetic and sad IMO.
FoSho Wrote:Fayette County public school football (by enlarge) is subpar and there is no two ways about it.

The fact they are mandated by government to play a certain schedule is pathetic and sad IMO.
Maybe so but Not the fault of the individual schools just facts
lextown Wrote:You forget fayette county mandates you to play every fayette county high school?
Henry Clay
Lafayette
Dunbar
Bryan station
Tates creek
Plus 4 district games

This does not take away the fact that they play a cupcake schedule
Pages: 1 2