Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 22 West Carter 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

West Carter played a great game in sloppy/muddy field conditions. They Definitely mixed the run and pass better than Russell did tonight.

Russell must pass more next week or they could see an early exit in the playoffs.
Good luck to West Carter in the 2A playoffs.
Worst field conditions I’ve seen in 10 years kids couldn’t hardly even stand up
Congrats to Russell. Closer than expected.
Russell is slow. Tough, but slow.

Blame the field conditions if you want but if the field is dry I think cline might have broke one or two.

Comets committed a lot of penalties too. Definitely could have won that game. They’re just as good as Russell IMO. I’ve watched them both multiple times.
West is a gritty bunch and Devils didn’t come out ready to play. O-line wasn’t firing off the ball. Jachimczuk injured left hand but stayed in the game. Hopefully won’t limit him in the playoff stretch. Best of luck to the Comets in their playoff run.
KYHSFB Wrote:Russell is slow. Tough, but slow.

Blame the field conditions if you want but if the field is dry I think cline might have broke one or two.

Comets committed a lot of penalties too. Definitely could have won that game. They’re just as good as Russell IMO. I’ve watched them both multiple times.

Russells slow defense held Ashlands two spedsters in check.
Runrunrun Wrote:Worst field conditions I’ve seen in 10 years kids couldn’t hardly even stand up

Field conditions almost as bad as officiating
Russell is not slow and both teams were affected by the Muddy and terrible field at West Carter tonight. Russell had a horrible 1st quarter with a fumble recovered by WC, then a Roughing the passer to start at Russell's 30 yard line, and a blocked punt out of the endzone for a West Carter 2-0 lead after the 1st quarter. Russell finally scored in the 2nd quarter to make it 7-2 at half. Then in 3rd quarter a weird play when West Carter attempted a pass and deflected off a Russell player into the hands of WC player and runs it in from 22 yards out to make it 8-7 after 3rd quarter. Then Russell scores 2 TD's to make 22-8 with minute to go in the game and WC QB throws a 50 yard TD Pass and a final score 22-14 Russell. Both Russell and WC had 2 or 3 opportunities to score when moving into the redzone and then was either held or a turnover. West Carter played a great game tonight and Russell's Defense was outstanding again except for the 22 TD pass when it was deflected off a Russell player into WC players hands for a 22 yard TD pass and the 50 yard TD Pass with a minute left in the game was the 14 points for WC. Russell was in the Red Zone 2 or 3 times and turned it over on downs or a turnover.

I thought Russell would try and throw more tonight to mix it up with the running game like WC did tonight. I liked it when Russell had a stretch of 3 or 4 games when they were throwing the ball 10-12 times and throwing it to the backs and TE's and mixing it well with the running game. Russell needs to do more of that in the playoffs mixing in some passing with the outstanding running game they have on offense.
david5164 Wrote:Russell is not slow and both teams were affected by the Muddy and terrible field at West Carter tonight. Russell had a horrible 1st quarter with a fumble recovered by WC, then a Roughing the passer to start at Russell's 30 yard line, and a blocked punt out of the endzone for a West Carter 2-0 lead after the 1st quarter. Russell finally scored in the 2nd quarter to make it 7-2 at half. Then in 3rd quarter a weird play when West Carter attempted a pass and deflected off a Russell player into the hands of WC player and runs it in from 22 yards out to make it 8-7 after 3rd quarter. Then Russell scores 2 TD's to make 22-8 with minute to go in the game and WC QB throws a 50 yard TD Pass and a final score 22-14 Russell. Both Russell and WC had 2 or 3 opportunities to score when moving into the redzone and then was either held or a turnover. West Carter played a great game tonight and Russell's Defense was outstanding again except for the 22 TD pass when it was deflected off a Russell player into WC players hands for a 22 yard TD pass and the 50 yard TD Pass with a minute left in the game was the 14 points for WC. Russell was in the Red Zone 2 or 3 times and turned it over on downs or a turnover.

I thought Russell would try and throw more tonight to mix it up with the running game like WC did tonight. I liked it when Russell had a stretch of 3 or 4 games when they were throwing the ball 10-12 times and throwing it to the backs and TE's and mixing it well with the running game. Russell needs to do more of that in the playoffs mixing in some passing with the outstanding running game they have on offense.
I heard TJ pregame say he was scrapping some stuff for this game on offense due to the field conditions.
He (TJ Maynard) said Doug Oborne and Ethan Sharp were out tonight as well.
I hope Charlie Jachimczuk's hand is okay. Russell needs him at qb if they have any chance at advancing in the playoffs.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I hope Charlie Jachimczuk's hand is okay. Russell needs him at qb if they have any chance at advancing in the playoffs.
Pack came out late also with finger injured...
mightydog Wrote:Russells slow defense held Ashlands two spedsters in check.
Their slow defense is tops in State 3A in scoring defense.....and 7th in State-at large- scoring defense
West Carter is closer to Russell than some are willing to admit. Daniel Barker has done a heck of a job.
KYHSFB Wrote:West Carter is closer to Russell than some are willing to admit. Daniel Barker has done a heck of a job.

West Carter is a very good TEAM. They are neck and neck with Russell IMO.
Barker has done a great job with this team... hope they make some noise in playoffs
Congrats Devils!
If both QB Jachimczuk and backup QB Pack are injured is freshman QB Logan Lundy the next quarterback? I know both QB Lundy and WR Lykins had outstanding Freshman season this year for the Devils. Logan Lundy threw almost 300 yards in the Ashland/Russell Freshman game. They both are outstanding players and Lundy is going to be an outstanding quarterback for Russell in the future. Has anyone heard any updates on QB Charlie Jachimczuk today and if he had an X-Ray today on his left hand?