Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 56 Pike County Central 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breathitt finishes the regular season 10-0. Overall, the Bobcat offense was dominant, while the defense stepped up and kept the Hawks off of the scoreboard in the second half.
Anderson play in this one?
Charles Andrew Collins was a beast on offense 7 tds and 285yds rushing!!! Pike Central has a really good offense. Bobcats shut down second half. But Collins just showed why best RB in mountains and best in 2A.
Spud6 Wrote:Anderson play in this one?
Yes 11 carries for 46 yds.
QB for them had big game had 104 yds rushing. 136 passing.
Statebound19 Wrote:Yes 11 carries for 46 yds.
QB for them had big game had 104 yds rushing. 136 passing.

I’m glad to see his injury against Belfry wasn’t a serious one.
Congrats to Breathitt County.
I hope this game is a wake-up call for the Bobcats. Pike Central came in ready to play and took many of the punches the Bobcats gave them and answered with many of their own. Better play better than they did tonight if they plan on competing past the 4th round of the playoffs.
Good win for the Bobcats!! Can’t wait until the playoffs to see what this team can really do!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I hope this game is a wake-up call for the Bobcats. Pike Central came in ready to play and took many of the punches the Bobcats gave them and answered with many of their own. Better play better than they did tonight if they plan on competing past the 4th round of the playoffs.

Agree very sloppy on defense. A lot mental mistakes that needs be clean up!!! Pike central has a tricky offense. Wing out of rifle is hard to defend especially when you aggressive team like Bobcats. You get up field your beat on that play. I was really impressed by Central offense and their o-line they really move well and pretty physical. But Bobcats made some adjustments in second half to stop them. This first wing team they have seen all year and it showed. Our Defense has to get better if they want make deep run in playoffs.
It seemed like every time Collins touched the ball Breathitt scored a touchdown. I believe he even threw a TD off a mishandled snap. He’s got to be one of the best players in the state.
If I am a Breathitt fan I actually love how this played out.

The Bobcats saw a capable Offense for the first time and struggled with it for a Half.

The positive side is they obviously settled in, made adjustments, and took care of business down the stretch to get stops and open this game up.

I think this win bodes really well for Breathitt. With Anderson, I feel like PC is equivalent to a team on the same level as a Walton-Verona, Lloyd Memorial, or Danville. This shows the Bobcats are definitely a good team.
CA is a difference maker. Id say a Top 10 player in KY in all classes combined.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If I am a Breathitt fan I actually love how this played out.

The Bobcats saw a capable Offense for the first time and struggled with it for a Half.

The positive side is they obviously settled in, made adjustments, and took care of business down the stretch to get stops and open this game up.

I think this win bodes really well for Breathitt. With Anderson, I feel like PC is equivalent to a team on the same level as a Walton-Verona, Lloyd Memorial, or Danville. This shows the Bobcats are definitely a good team.

I would also put them on the level of Shelby Valley and West Carter.
Good win to the Bobcat faithful.

Collins was a absolute stud last night.

As for us, I thought overall we did fairly well offensively moving the ball. I think the backbreaker for us was the opening drive of the 2nd half, PC took a major chunk out of the clock 8+ minute drive that got to the goal line but unfortunately Tyler Hunt threw a INT. Collins made us pay with a long 78 yard TD run after that to push the lead up 3 scores and Breathitt just didn't look back after that.

Matt Anderson did play in this one, although he was not at 100%. The plan was to give him a few reps just to keep him fresh. I think he only had 9/10/11 carries something around that area. But after the game he was feeling fine and should be ready to carry a full load just in time for the playoffs.

Again congratulations to Breathitt County on the win and the 10-0 perfect regular season. Good luck in the playoffs.
Looks like we are who we thought we were and confident after this one even with numerous early miscues we still beat a quality central team by 30+ , we ready Playoff bound let’s Go