Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic 17 Beechwood 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a game. NewCath boys never gave up and drove down field to score with 24sec on the clock....
Big win for the Breds.
Big win for the Breds...they will make a run in the playoffs
Ncc is going to be a force to deal with in the playoffs.
Congrats to the breds. Phenomenal win! What a game.
Congrats to NewCath
This is exactly what I expected. NCC is still the dark horse in 1a.
Jefferson not playing, Craig sat out second half. The boys just kept fighting. With roughly 1:30 left on the clock no timeouts. They go down the field score with 24 seconds left on the clock. Great group of kids who never gave up.
NCC is definitely the team to watch out for in class A. May be the second best team right now, behind Pikeville.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:NCC is definitely the team to watch out for in class A. May be the second best team right now, behind Pikeville.

And no one has been talking about them. Which I’m sure they love jaut flying under the radar all the way to the top.
Who stands in the way of NCC walking into the finals?.... RPI definitely has given Pikeville a more difficult path to the finals.
Hambley Wrote:Who stands in the way of NCC walking into the finals?.... RPI definitely has given Pikeville a more difficult path to the finals.

I wouldn’t say any team is walking into the finals. I know everyone on here says just hand the trophy over to Pikeville but you play the game for a reason. Any team can be beat at anytime. You must prepare for one week at a time in my opinion.
I wouldn’t anoint Pikeville yet. NCC will surprise some.
Hambley Wrote:Who stands in the way of NCC walking into the finals?.... RPI definitely has given Pikeville a more difficult path to the finals.

I have no idea if Holy Cross can hang with them or not in round 3. Gut says no. If Paintsville adavances NCC would come to Paintsville. If Raceland advances, NCC would go to Pikeville. I think lol
2000PHS Wrote:I have no idea if Holy Cross can hang with them or not in round 3. Gut says no. If Paintsville adavances NCC would come to Paintsville. If Raceland advances, NCC would go to Pikeville. I think lol

Keep me updated 2000PHS, because I have no idea what’s happening
2000PHS Wrote:I have no idea if Holy Cross can hang with them or not in round 3. Gut says no. If Paintsville adavances NCC would come to Paintsville. If Raceland advances, NCC would go to Pikeville. I think lol

If you look at the 2019 Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl on KHSSA website how is that possible? Looks like a team from districts 1-4 would end up at Kroger field and a team from districts 5-8 would end up at Kroger field? Am I missing something? New system got me all screwed up....lol
Sportsdadof2 Wrote:If you look at the 2019 Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl on KHSSA website how is that possible? Looks like a team from districts 1-4 would end up at Kroger field and a team from districts 5-8 would end up at Kroger field? Am I missing something? New system got me all screwed up....lol

The Final 4 are rated statewide. No east vs west at that point. KCD would be the over all #1 seed and host the #4. That would be Raceland. NCC would be the #3 and go to Pikeville
If KCD is the last hope for the west side in 1a, it certainly means the east side winner puts a running clock on the west side winner at Kroger.
Very nice win for NCC! I'm like most others, the Breds may be the dark horse in 1A this year and liable to make some serious noise in the next couple of weeks.
I would not be shocked to see NCC win 1a.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would not be shocked to see NCC win 1a.

It wouldn’t shock me but if it is them and Pikeville, it would be a considerable upset.
mysonis55 Wrote:This is exactly what I expected. NCC is still the dark horse in 1a.

Not a chance. You get this from a last second win over a 5-5 Beechwood team?
Ralph Furley Wrote:Not a chance. You get this from a last second win over a 5-5 Beechwood team?

That may have been the most hard earned 5-5 record in the state. They played a KILLER schedule even by their standards. Don’t just look at Beechwood record.