Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 67 Ridgeview, VA 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pikeville started out sloppy but just steamrolled the Wolfpack after the 1st Quarter
Atkins is the real deal, it will be interesting to see how he does at the next level.
#6 is nasty. But he’s literally all they have. I don’t understand why they don’t give #48 some carries. He’s a brute.
Wow ! Who would've thought of this scoring margin ? Trenton Adkins of Ridgeview averaged around 265 ppg before this contest, but this Pikeville defense limited him to roughly half of that at 136 this evening. Hate to use the old cliché "total team effort", but that is exactly what it was. Pikeville has playmakers all over the field, and that's going to be their strength in the playoffs, starting against Hazard in two weeks. Congrats Panthers !! Knew you could do it. Ridgeview is one fine team, and nothing to hang your heads about. You never gave up, as good teams don't.
True. Some SEC teams wanting to get their hands on him too.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:True. Some SEC teams wanting to get their hands on him too.

He deserves everyone of them. Only a junior

And Pikeville has a emerging star that they’ve kept in the back pocket all year. Tinsley is a playmaker and he, Hensley, Pugh and Lockhart and unstoppable for defenses to scheme. If Isaac keeps throwing good balls. No way they are stopped. And then add Kody and John running the ball. They are scary good.
Spud6 Wrote:He deserves everyone of them. Only a junior

And Pikeville has a emerging star that they’ve kept in the back pocket all year. Tinsley is a playmaker and he, Hensley, Pugh and Lockhart and unstoppable for defenses to scheme. If Isaac keeps throwing good balls. No way they are stopped. And then add Kody and John running the ball. They are scary good.

Collum is a man child on the field. I'd hate to be a db and seeing him lowering his head straight at me. Wow !
Panthers score 67 and could have put up 100.
Adkins is a stud.
TrenchDawg Wrote:Panthers score 67 and could have put up 100.

Could have but killed theirselves in first half twice on special teams.
Kicked it directly to their stud to open the game and ran it back. Glad to see the panthers pass a test that first half. Panther defense is just awesome and if we score points it’s a nightmare for ANY team.
Starting defense gave up 7 points. Another excellent effort.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Starting defense gave up 7 points. Another excellent effort.

And that was on a short field after Ridgeview advanced a squib kickoff to their own 49 to start that drive.
Congrats to Panthers.
The defense is solid and the offense is very good. They get better with each game and they are pretty solid at all positions. Need to work on the kick off team but part of that has been because the kicker kicks into the end zone most of the time so we really haven’t seen very many returns. #6 is a excellent player for Ridgeview and going to make some college a very good player. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville outscored Ridgeview 48-0 in the middle stretch of the game. Unreal.
Went from down 21-13 to up 61-21.
Great win for the Panthers. Ridgeview has a good team. #6 is worth price of admission. Congrats on the 10-0 season. Panthers played a tough schedule and something this senior class can hang their hat on. Now everyone is 0-0. They need to continue to play with attitude and not overlook ANYONE. Just ask the 2014 team. Looks like most likely playoff games will be bye week then Hazard and then probably Nicholas County all at home. Not a bad road to semis. My only concern is special teams. A little late in season to be still having these problems
Pikeville seems to be in tune and ready to roll toward Lexington.
I have said it all year, Pikeville has two gears.

When they use that 2nd gear they are probably the best small school in Kentucky.

When Pikeville played Raceland and Paintsville I could see them keeping it close to the vest, probably knowing they may see them again. If Pikeville locks in for the playoffs they will cakewalk to a title.
He is over rated
He needs to see the field more. More carries
Kentucky country day can't hold a light for pikeville or paintsville. Best 2 1A schools in Kentucky come from the mountains.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:He is over rated

Who is over rated?
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Kentucky country day can't hold a light for pikeville or paintsville. Best 2 1A schools in Kentucky come from the mountains.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville

Not so fast Warriorhawk Williamsburg is coming to Painstville or Raceland to Williamsburg :Cheerlead
Don't remember when the last time I've see a Pikeville team more loaded than this one. In recent memory, the only team that comes to being close is the 2015 state champion team and it was loaded, no doubt. Obviously, that was a very strong team, but got a feeling this team just might have an edge.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Don't remember when the last time I've see a Pikeville team more loaded than this one. In recent memory, the only team that comes to being close is the 2015 state champion team and it was loaded, no doubt. Obviously, that was a very strong team, but got a feeling this team just might have an edge.

This team is good but with all due respect, give me Pikeville 2015 everyday of the week.
2000PHS Wrote:This team is good but with all due respect, give me Pikeville 2015 everyday of the week.

Easy to say when that team won a state championship and this one hasn't won anything yet. But,

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 31, [2015] Pikeville (KY) 21

This team is more loaded without a doubt. Better defense and 6 or 7 guys who can take it to the house any time they touch the ball.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Kentucky country day can't hold a light for pikeville or paintsville. Best 2 1A schools in Kentucky come from the mountains.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville

I watched KCD play at Berea. You can add Raceland, Hazard and Williamsburg to that list of teams from the East that would wax them.
Congrats Panthers on the win AND the undefeated season! Pikeville rolls into the playoffs a VERY heavy favorite to win the title. Good luck.
jetpilot Wrote:Easy to say when that team won a state championship and this one hasn't won anything yet. But,

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 31, [2015] Pikeville (KY) 21

This team is more loaded without a doubt. Better defense and 6 or 7 guys who can take it to the house any time they touch the ball.

I don’t care what some computer tells me. Give me Pugh and this 2019 teams stays on defense all night and can’t put up 30 points.

Plus I think the caliber of oppents 2015 is much tougher. Healthy 2015 Paintsville and Beechwood were better than this years Paintsville and NCC.
Pages: 1 2