Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 50 Lawrence Co. 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to Rams. Here kitty kitty.
Rams will be chewing nails when they go back to aintsville.
Lawrence has a special player their QB. He ran for his life and mad something out of nothing several times with some big runs when things broke down. Dawgs werent as physical this year and pretty weak upfront. Raceland was extremely sloppy and seemed a bit hungover from last week. Real season starts a week from tonight.
Congratulations to the Rams
Once again Lawrence needs to ditch that 90’s glory days offense. Don’t have those players anymore.
Rams are hitting their stride offensively.
Congrats Rams!
Someone explain how we cant defend the run until the ball gets inside the 20? Lawrence had almost 400 yds on the ground but only score 1 td (on a kick return) against our varsity. Baffles me.
Raceland has one win this year against a team with a winning record which is Rowan co.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Someone explain how we cant defend the run until the ball gets inside the 20? Lawrence had almost 400 yds on the ground but only score 1 td (on a kick return) against our varsity. Baffles me.

Your linebackers play 1 yard off the ball makes them easily blocked or caught up in the trash along the line of scrimmage
Well the defense did struggle early in the year. But against 1a opponents and thats what matters now they held Pikeville and Paintsville under 300 yards total offense. You do that and you have a chance in any game in the playoffs. Plus remember all 4 linebackers are first year starters .
Don’t matter what year starters the linebackers are they line up where they are told to
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Once again Lawrence needs to ditch that 90’s glory days offense. Don’t have those players anymore.

Better not say that. You may hurt someone’s feels.
Congrats to the Rams. We will see you in two weeks at Memorial Field. Please make sure all of your team’s equipment is firmly attached to their body to avoid any additional embarrassment to the Paintsville football program.
He is right. Would like to see a revamp of the entire LC program.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Congrats to the Rams. We will see you in two weeks at Memorial Field. Please make sure all of your team’s equipment is firmly attached to their body to avoid any additional embarrassment to the Paintsville football program.

You’ll know because somebody will get whipped!
TripleD Wrote:He is right. Would like to see a revamp of the entire LC program.

In what ways?

Curious about what those commenting on LC’s offense would do differently given the personnel at hand? I have some ideas, but I’d like to hear some of yours without just all out bashing the coaches. That’s never a good thing.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Once again Lawrence needs to ditch that 90’s glory days offense. Don’t have those players anymore.

Absolutely.... you gotta have STUDS in the backfield and a line that can manhandle teams up front.
I dont really think it's the system, I think it's how the system is being used. Theres far more than what they showed against Raceland to choose from. If you dont have the ability to have a kid get you 4-6 yards a carry, its goina be hard to score against a team that can stack the box defensively and score quick offensively. Everyone points to the offense when LC loses, but Raceland scored 4 TDs in about 3 mins of game time. If you give a team that type of lead, unless you have a burner that can go to the house at any time, its goina be a long night. Spread the field out and force tes to play balanced defense.
And for what it's worth that system put up over 300 yards on the ground.
No one bashing the coaches in that comment...its fundamentals that is lacking, you can not continue to run an offense that isn't working your defense is young. Obviously Im not a coach but anyone can see that what LC is doing is not working its been the same system for four years, at least. You have seniors quitting I mean how many signs does it take? Are you a coach since you have some ideas? If not then maybe you should apply!
Jimmies and Joes beat X's and O's
Shame LC didn’t beat 1 team with a winning record. Maybe time to move on from Coach Short. Great guy just not getting it done.