Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th REGION UPDATES AND PREDICTIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What’s the upcoming seasons news and predictions?
Top 5 in No Order

Lawrence Co
Pikeville
PCC
FCC
Martin Co
Sports72 Wrote:Top 5 in No Order

Lawrence Co
Pikeville
PCC
FCC
Martin Co

I’m not from the 15th region and not familiar with their teams as I am the 14th but I’ve grown accustomed to always seeing Shelby Valley and Johnson Central in any top 5 list.
1. Pikeville
2. Johnson central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Pike central
5. Martin county
6. Floyd central
7. East Ridge
8. PRESTONSBURG
9. Belfry
10. Betsy layne
11. Magoffin county
12. Paintsville
13. Phelps
14. Jenkins
15. Piarist

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
1.Pikeville -(theirs to lose especially with the addition of Maynard if she gets eligible)
2. Martin County
3.Johnson Central
4.Valley-(If Rowe comes back this season they will make some noise)
5.Pike Central/FloydCentral

I think after the top 4 with PCC and FCC the rest is a toss up. Can’t wait till see how it plays out. 15th region basketball is always exciting.
Heard Martin County got a new player. Could get interesting...
Teetime@! Wrote:Heard Martin County got a new player. Could get interesting...

Did whoever tell you that give a name to this player?
Lyndsey Cassell from WV.
IntheZone Wrote:Lyndsey Cassell from WV.

Yep. 100% recruiting but it won't be called that. Girl was getting lessons from Martin County "legend" who made promises. Wonder how the homegrown Martin County parents feel when their daughters are sitting the bench while this recruit plays?
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Yep. 100% recruiting but it won't be called that. Girl was getting lessons from Martin County "legend" who made promises. Wonder how the homegrown Martin County parents feel when their daughters are sitting the bench while this recruit plays?

Probably the same way homegrown Lawrence County parents feel when their kids are sitting on the bench while kids come to play from WV. And before you say it doesn't happen...it does.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:Probably the same way homegrown Lawrence County parents feel when their kids are sitting on the bench while kids come to play from WV. And before you say it doesn't happen...it does.

So you are agreeing. It's wrong. Thanks. And where did I say I agreed with it happening at LC?

Which WV players are you referring to? Dalton brothers? They lived in Louisa all their years over there. Legit moved to Louisa.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:So you are agreeing. It's wrong. Thanks. And where did I say I agreed with it happening at LC?

Which WV players are you referring to? Dalton brothers? They lived in Louisa all their years over there. Legit moved to Louisa.

Where did I agree to any of it? Just because a player comes to Martin County, doesn't mean they have been recruited. You upset that she bypassed LC to get to Martin? I heard she's a heck of a player.

And yes, the Dalton boys are just two of the players I was referring to. It's easy to move to another county when a local lawyer buys your mother a house because they have been recruited. Nothing against the boys. I know them well and love them. They did what's best for them.
Teetime@! Wrote:Heard Martin County got a new player. Could get interesting...

[Image: VsD5FDS.gif]

Bolz, looks like lotts creek is now recruiting for other programs, wowza!

#enoughisneverenough More mash taters please!!!
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Yep. 100% recruiting but it won't be called that. Girl was getting lessons from Martin County "legend" who made promises. Wonder how the homegrown Martin County parents feel when their daughters are sitting the bench while this recruit plays?

Your post is on point LCHS. It has to be recruiting. Why would anyone want to transfer to Martin County? This seems to be happening a lot these days. How long will the KHSAA let it go on?
I think some of the transfers Martin County has gotten recently is due to the brand new school and new gym they are in. Besides for boys basketball you have the Mills and Dingess kids who transferred. Both are from Martin County. At least I know Mills dad is from Martin County, Dingess Grew up and played every year except last year in Martin County.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:1.Pikeville -(theirs to lose especially with the addition of Maynard if she gets eligible)
2. Martin County
3.Johnson Central
4.Valley-(If Rowe comes back this season they will make some noise)
5.Pike Central/FloydCentral

I think after the top 4 with PCC and FCC the rest is a toss up. Can’t wait till see how it plays out. 15th region basketball is always exciting.

if Rowe comes back?! Is/was she injured?!
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:if Rowe comes back?! Is/was she injured?!

She had the unfortunate circumstance of tearing her OTHER ACL this past summer. So she is in the same predicament this season as she was last. However, SV is a talented squad even with no Rowe...
Cant believe nobody has mentioned Katie Ball from Belfry. Shes about 6'3 and can play all 5 positions well. Already signed with Cleveland State.
Lleyton21 Wrote:She had the unfortunate circumstance of tearing her OTHER ACL this past summer. So she is in the same predicament this season as she was last. However, SV is a talented squad even with no Rowe...

That’s awful!! I really hate that!! If she’s the best player in the team, or never plays a second it’s hard to see things like this happen to kids who work hard & show the dedication to lace me up & get after it!! Let’s hope she can heal up at some point during the season!!

If u don’t care to help me out, what grade is she in, and who took over for Rodney?! Thanks in advance
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:That’s awful!! I really hate that!! If she’s the best player in the team, or never plays a second it’s hard to see things like this happen to kids who work hard & show the dedication to lace me up & get after it!! Let’s hope she can heal up at some point during the season!!

If u don’t care to help me out, what grade is she in, and who took over for Rodney?! Thanks in advance

She is a sophomore this year. Her dad (Rodney’s brother) is now head coach. Lonnie aka Doe Doe Rowe. Great nickname. lol.
Three weeks into it. Pikeville top team?