Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Smith or Bowden?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your Starting QB the rest of the season?
With KY having 2 separate game plans for both QBs I'd like to see both play. Opposing Defenses have to game plan for 2 totally different styles of play.
After last night. This is a tough decision.
At this point i think it’s Lynn’s spot. He is consistently making dynamic plays and I don’t know if Sawyer can consistently move the ball the way Lynn has. It also plays into our strength of low scoring games where we keep the ball on the ground and rely on our defense.

I honestly would like to see some of both though. I think you can sprinkle a series or few plays here and there for Sawyer especially when it’s like 3rd and 15. He can keep defenses off balance some while helping to limit the amount of shots Lynn is taking each week.
No matter which QB you go with I’m glad we are on the bye week. That helps both of those guys get back to 100% and if you are going back to Sawyer at QB you have a whole week to get him reps with the 1st team.
Be nice to get Smith healthy where there was an option
Smith has to come out and play like he did his first couple of series before injuries started piling up. He looked good and was throwing some really good passes.
As great as Bowden looks pulling the ball down and running it, I wouldn't be upset with some packages that had Smith at qb and Bowden in the backfield as a running back. With the bye week, we could get something put in I would think. Doubt Tennessee would be prepared for that.
Hope Smith is healthy for the Voluntears.