Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 48 Letcher County Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Whitesburg.

JC moves to 9-0 overall & 4-0 in district play.
Game was way to close for Matney. He will try to change districts next year. If Cenrtal can make it to the Boyle County game he will try to change classes next year.
I'm getting pretty tired of seeing your snide remarks about Matney. Sounds like he either didn't play your no talent a$$ or he won't play your entitled kid.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Game was way to close for Matney. He will try to change districts next year. If Cenrtal can make it to the Boyle County game he will try to change classes next year.

Way too close? Pretty sure the closest this game was was during the coin toss. It was over after that. Did Letcher even have 75 yards of offense? If I was JC I’d be wanting in a new district, one with some competition. This new RPI system, which I think will change, has hurt a lot of good teams who already had schedules made out, and in JC’s case, a horrible district. As for meeting up with Boyle, I’d say you can bank on it. I’ve never been a huge fan of Jim, but no one can say he hasn’t built something special at JC.
JC had us down 41-0 at halftime, your crazy if you think that's close! That means the clock is running!!!
Redneck Wrote:Way too close? Pretty sure the closest this game was was during the coin toss. It was over after that. Did Letcher even have 75 yards of offense? If I was JC I’d be wanting in a new district, one with some competition. This new RPI system, which I think will change, has hurt a lot of good teams who already had schedules made out, and in JC’s case, a horrible district. As for meeting up with Boyle, I’d say you can bank on it. I’ve never been a huge fan of Jim, but no one can say he hasn’t built something special at JC.

Matney didn’t build anything at JC. Bill Music showed what could be done there, the right way. JC now has kids every year from surrounding counties that just amazingly end up there. Simply put, When Matney coaches against equal talent, he loses. In fact it doesn’t even have to be equal talent, just a team that knows how to line up correctly.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Matney didn’t build anything at JC. Bill Music showed what could be done there, the right way. JC now has kids every year from surrounding counties that just amazingly end up there. Simply put, When Matney coaches against equal talent, he loses. In fact it doesn’t even have to be equal talent, just a team that knows how to line up correctly.

Lol. Wow. Did someone hurt you, man? Lol.

Not even a JC fan and I know that program really started taking off when he arrived. Did a prior coach lay foundation? Most likely. But he’s taken that foundation and not built a house, he’s built a mansion for JC fans. You sound bitter, like another poster said. Maybe you didn’t play, or you wanted to coach and he wouldn’t hire you?
Eagles continuing to soar. Pirates next week. Annual slobber knocker.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Matney didn’t build anything at JC. Bill Music showed what could be done there, the right way. JC now has kids every year from surrounding counties that just amazingly end up there. Simply put, When Matney coaches against equal talent, he loses. In fact it doesn’t even have to be equal talent, just a team that knows how to line up correctly.

What exactly did Bill Musick show? He had some good teams, can’t argue that.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Game was way to close for Matney. He will try to change districts next year. If Cenrtal can make it to the Boyle County game he will try to change classes next year.

This clown goes to any Johnson Central thread that he can find trashing our program and our Coach,but nothing is ever done about it. He wants everyone to think he’s a Southwestern fan and maybe he is now but his roots are from Johnson County. We are Johnson Central but this clown keeps calling us Central. There’s only one school in Eastern Kentucky that calls us Central and I’ll let you all figure out who that is. Lifelong Johnson Central fans know exactly what fan base that I’m referring to. Also how could a Southwestern fan remember who Jonson Central’s Head Coach was 20 years ago. This is another clue because to the best of my knowledge we’ve never played Southwestern before.
Coach Booth Wrote:This clown goes to any Johnson Central thread that he can find trashing our program and our Coach,but nothing is ever done about it. He wants everyone to think he’s a Southwestern fan and maybe he is now but his roots are from Johnson County. We are Johnson Central but this clown keeps calling us Central. There’s only one school in Eastern Kentucky that calls us Central and I’ll let you all figure out who that is. Lifelong Johnson Central fans know exactly what fan base that I’m referring to. Also how could a Southwestern fan remember who Jonson Central’s Head Coach was 20 years ago. This is another clue because to the best of my knowledge we’ve never played Southwestern before.

That is correct. JC & Southwestern have never played a varsity football game.
Bill Musick deserves a great deal of credit for laying a solid foundation for Johnson Central's football program. He worked hard to develop the football programs at the middle school and at the elementary schools. Coach Musick left the program in far better shape than he found it.

Then came two JC head coaches who won 1 or 2 games during each of the next 3 seasons after Musick went to Fairview.

Jim Matney put Johnson Central's football program back on track in his first season as head coach and has taken the program to an entirely new level. Coach Matney would have a winning program in football and/or wrestling at any school whose administration provided him with control and support and Johnson Central is very lucky to have him at the helm.

It takes a real loser to find any serious fault with Jim Matney's performance as Johnson Central's head coach.
Matney is the only head football & head wrestling coach to win a KHSAA state Football & KHSA state wrestling championship.

1994 & 1995 State wrestling @ Sheldon Clark.
2016 Class 4A @ JC.
Matney and Johnson Central also won the high school wrestling large school state dual championship last year. A first for him and JC. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Matney, they can’t question his coaching abilities. The man just flat gets it done no matter where he’s at.
Facts are facts. Over the last five years, JC’s opponents have the worst win loss record than any other teams in the state with the exception or McCrackin County. Another fact, in the same time period JC has put up more running clocks than any other team in the state with the exception of Mayfield. So if you want to be considered an elite program with an elite coach act like it. Playing Belfry in game 10 each year doesn’t make a tough schedule. Especially when Belfry rest starters every year and still beats you half the time.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Facts are facts. Over the last five years, JC’s opponents have the worst win loss record than any other teams in the state with the exception or McCrackin County. Another fact, in the same time period JC has put up more running clocks than any other team in the state with the exception of Mayfield. So if you want to be considered an elite program with an elite coach act like it. Playing Belfry in game 10 each year doesn’t make a tough schedule. Especially when Belfry rest starters every year and still beats you half the time.

I can tell that you know nothing about football but JC does not control who we play in the district and the playoff that where most of the running clocks have come from. Next find a team that wants a home and home with JC and post it i see we can make it happen. However, you all talk with nothing coming out. Sad little man :please:
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Facts are facts. Over the last five years, JC’s opponents have the worst win loss record than any other teams in the state with the exception or McCrackin County. Another fact, in the same time period JC has put up more running clocks than any other team in the state with the exception of Mayfield. So if you want to be considered an elite program with an elite coach act like it. Playing Belfry in game 10 each year doesn’t make a tough schedule. Especially when Belfry rest starters every year and still beats you half the time.
Indeed, facts are facts, and facts are not your friend. In fact, you seem to be a total stranger to facts.
Anxious to see how the JC vs Belfry game goes next Friday.

Good luck to both teams and I hope all the kids stay healthy.
Johnson Central is a damn good program and Matney has proven he’s a damn good coach. Let’s face it, he put Johnson Central on the map. Until the point he showed up the program had never won against Belfry. He comes in and builds a powerhouse , regularly beating Belfry or turning that game into a clash of giants in the mountains. It’s not always Belfry resting starters in that game. JC does it quiet often as well. That game really needs to be moved up in the season, where no one sits starters and those two can go at it. No one on here said they are the best program in the state or they always have the best team in the state, but they are one of the top 25 teams in the state year in and year out. Which in my book is a damn good program and damn good coach.
Warrior 2002 just go away

Dude, anyone on here can tell ya I’ve been a huge Matney critic, especially the JC fans. You bring up the last 5 years. Where has their season ended the last 5 year? State runner-up or state champions? Facts are facts. Musick was mediocre.