Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 19 Raceland 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final

Can't wait for round 2 in three weeks
Great game congratulations to Paintsville and it’s going to be the same thing next time around.
Seems like it’s the same movie on repeat. Paintsville builds a solid lead and Raceland makes a heroic effort to almost win the game.

See you in 3 weeks.

Jaylen Allen was the difference. Raceland was assigning the RB to double him and he was still a terror. Dominating performance.
Damn good second half by Raceland. I figured Paintsville would ground and pound and wear us down in the second half, but we buckled down and played with a lot of grit. Best defensive game we have played all year imo. The personal foul was massive on the punt return. We had all the momentum at that point, but emotions got the better of us . I think Heighton being out for awhile has the timing off in the passing game. Timing seemed off and we dropped more balls in this game than we have all year. We also shot ourselves in the foot too many times with stupid penalties. Paintsville won that game on the work of Jalen Allen. He was in Jake's face the entire first half. It's a shame we gotta wait for the rematch while both teams try and not get any key players hurt in the next 2 weeks. A dry field will make it higher scoring imo. Lot of dropped balls by both sides. Until next time...
Jaylen Allen did more tonight defensively than his D1 big brother did in all of his match ups combined.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Damn good second half by Raceland. I figured Paintsville would ground and pound and wear us down in the second half, but we buckled down and played with a lot of grit. Best defensive game we have played all year imo. The personal foul was massive on the punt return. We had all the momentum at that point, but emotions got the better of us . I think Heighton being out for awhile has the timing off in the passing game. Timing seemed off and we dropped more balls in this game than we have all year. We also shot ourselves in the foot too many times with stupid penalties. Paintsville won that game on the work of Jalen Allen. He was in Jake's face the entire first half. It's a shame we gotta wait for the rematch while both teams try and not get any key players hurt in the next 2 weeks. A dry field will make it higher scoring imo. Lot of dropped balls by both sides. Until next time...

I don’t know what the Raceland player said after the big punt return but about 12 Paintsville players threw there hands up all at once like “you gotta call that” for all you Bull Durham fans “Crash must have called him a .....”

For you young guns, YouTube that that clip and you will understand.

Each team has 3 weeks to prepare for the rematch, let’s face it, no way either team spends a minute preparing for their playoff opponents. Paintsville may even take it easy against LCA unless that RPI boost is worth.
Some of Paintsville coaching calls in this game puzzles me. I’m not the coach but they nearly got themselves beat. Raceland never give up and and laid 110% on the field and left it there.

Great game by both teams!!!
bac2369 Wrote:Some of Paintsville coaching calls in this game puzzles me. I’m not the coach but they nearly got themselves beat. Raceland never give up and and laid 110% on the field and left it there.

Great game by both teams!!!

Please elaborate
2000PHS Wrote:Please elaborate

Throwing the dang ball when they needed to eat the clock up. Not kicking a field goal at the end. Those lobbed throws are nearly almost picked several times.
I think on a dry field we have the advantage. Tonight I feel the weather played right into Paintsvilles hand. I was worried honestly that they would win by 2 scores even before kickoff just due to the conditions neutralizing our speed.
bac2369 Wrote:Throwing the dang ball when they needed to eat the clock up. Not kicking a field goal at the end. Those lobbed throws are nearly almost picked several times.

Fair. I liked the fake FG call. A 37 yard attempt with the conditions the way they were wasn’t a high percentage play.
2000PHS Wrote:Fair. I liked the fake FG call. A 37 yard attempt with the conditions the way they were wasn’t a high percentage play.

Now don’t get me wrong I liked the trick fake field goal, but you gotta throw that one a rope not a lob. Raceland DBs are pretty quick with recovery speed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think on a dry field we have the advantage. Tonight I feel the weather played right into Paintsvilles hand. I was worried honestly that they would win by 2 scores even before kickoff just due to the conditions neutralizing our speed.

I disagree. We mishandled several snaps and basically gave up 4 yards and down on multiple drives. I think the wet field kept us from getting a push upfront which is our strength.
Well hopefully we get better conditions next time so we can sort it out! Even under better conditions, this game still doesnt break 50 total points imo.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Well hopefully we get better conditions next time so we can sort it out! Even under better conditions, this game still doesnt break 50 total points imo.

I agree on wanting better weather. Just felt like neither team could do what they were good at. IMO, Raceland must find a running game. I firmly believe that Paintsville will make adjustments and take away the crossing routes and absolutely not get burnt deep twice again.

Can’t wait for the rematch. Please everyone stay healthy!
This one is hard to judge because of the weather conditions. But Paintsville’s offense is way too predictable. They run off tackle with Phelps or if 16 comes in to run it’s up the gut. Then they fake that off tackle to Phelps and throw it on the list pattern to Poe. That’s the 3 main plays they ran all night. And then sprinkle in a QB draw and just hope Hyden breaks it.
I just wish the officials did not want to be the show. They threw a flag every other play it seemed. On both teams. Its ridiculous that everytime we play in the 15th its a stop and go game all night. Does anyone know what the penalty totals were . It had to be over 100 yards each team or at least it seemed that way.
I’m optimistic. We played about as bad as we could play and still had a chance at the end.
Ramfan02 Wrote:I just wish the officials did not want to be the show. They threw a flag every other play it seemed. On both teams. Its ridiculous that everytime we play in the 15th its a stop and go game all night. Does anyone know what the penalty totals were . It had to be over 100 yards each team or at least it seemed that way.

The officials said they were going to work hard at the coin toss and boy they did not lie!!

Raceland- 11 for 114

Paintsville-12 for 131
I really enjoyed listening to this game on the radio until I lost it!!

I couldn't SEE anything of course, but it sounded like Paintsville kept shooting themselves in the foot. Also sounded like the weather effected Raceland more. Even the radio commentators were questioning some of Paintsville's coaching calls.

In any event, the next time these two teams meet it will be a barn burner. I really loved the work ethic and heart that both teams exhibited.
2000PHS Wrote:I don’t know what the Raceland player said after the big punt return but about 12 Paintsville players threw there hands up all at once like “you gotta call that” for all you Bull Durham fans “Crash must have called him a .....”

For you young guns, YouTube that that clip and you will understand.

Each team has 3 weeks to prepare for the rematch, let’s face it, no way either team spends a minute preparing for their playoff opponents. Paintsville may even take it easy against LCA unless that RPI boost is worth.

That last sentence is gonna bite you in the butt. Lol
IMO LCA is toughest game on Tigers schedule. Be very hard for this Tiger team to match that speed
I honestly think they could have called holding on every Raceland offensive play. They were holding #22 or tackling him every play. Did anyone else see this?
Got to give Raceland a lot of respect down 19-3 and hang there & give themselves chance to win on final play. Agree Paintsville play calling suspect as last series they had ball deep in Raceland territory & throw incomplete pass on 3rd down instead of running the ball and forcing Raceland timeout. Just a play that remember since was a minute or so left in game. Should be another great game in the playoff matchup.
Congrars Tigers.

Rematch will be a dandy.
PHSForever Wrote:That last sentence is gonna bite you in the butt. Lol

All I meant was they might rest players??
2000PHS Wrote:All I meant was they might rest players??

Comes across a WHOLE different way. Lol
Budsqueezer Wrote:I honestly think they could have called holding on every Raceland offensive play. They were holding #22 or tackling him every play. Did anyone else see this?

Raceland’s Oline hadn’t been called for holding in either of the previous two matchups.
Great win Tigers... so looking forward to the next meeting so we can shut the Rams up again. Jaylen Allen proved that he was most definitely the best player on the field and quite possibly in the area.
Ramfan02 Wrote:I just wish the officials did not want to be the show. They threw a flag every other play it seemed. On both teams. Its ridiculous that everytime we play in the 15th its a stop and go game all night. Does anyone know what the penalty totals were . It had to be over 100 yards each team or at least it seemed that way.

Well said Ramfan02. Some crews will never let both teams get into the flow of the game. Can someone please tell me why Coach Chirico loves Mike Hall’s crew? I was told last night that we have them again next week.
Pages: 1 2 3