Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 55 Pike Central 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Belfry defeats Pike Central to claim the 1 seed in the district.
Did I predict this?
How'd Anderson do in this one?
Spud6 Wrote:How'd Anderson do in this one?
Got hurt in the first quarter. Look like his leg. Groin or something the way he was running. Didn’t return.
pjdoug Wrote:Did I predict this?

Yes. Game was over at half. Belfry came out flat and to their credit PCC took advantage. But once the Pirates woke up out of their slumber.....it was complete domination. Overall, Belfry looked better than last week. Let’s see what happens against JC next Friday.
Hated to see Anderson get hurt. He made a heck of a run. Overall good win for Belfry.
Looking forward to next week against JC. It will be a good measuring stick heading into the playoffs.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hated to see Anderson get hurt. He made a heck of a run. Overall good win for Belfry.
Yes. What time he was in the game he was a beast. I was impressed.
Congratulations to Belfry good win. Going to be a real test next week.
A little off the topic, but a huge RPI night for BHS and it really sets up some possibilities should Belfry beat JC.
Pirates defense forgot to get off the bus during the 1st quarter. PCC had a nice game plan and came out and executed well. Anderson going down with injury changed the whole game plan for PCC. Not sure if having him would have changed the outcome, but it added another option for the PCC offense.

Once Belfry settled in and realized they were in a ballgame, the Horses started to run on both sides of the ball. Belfry had better strap them up a little tighter next week with JC up next. It will be the exact game they need heading into the playoffs. Nice and physical! Just hope everyone can stay healthy, neither team can afford injury heading into the playoffs.
Two things. It’s a little scary to see Dixion not healthy still and the offense line is finally looking good. Seen some real nice blocks from the older guys and Logan Mccoy looked real good again
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Two things. It’s a little scary to see Dixion not healthy still and the offense line is finally looking good. Seen some real nice blocks from the older guys and Logan Mccoy looked real good again

Dixon is a warrior. I probably wouldn’t have let him touch the field the second half. He is still incredible at maybe 70 pct.
Did the kid that has been hurt from Belfry play tonight? Can’t remember his name. It might be Tyler. I might be wrong.
Yeah probably the best player on the field even at 70 pct
If I’m not mistaken I think first team scored on every possession except the fumble
Dixon not Tyler is his name. Hope he is 100% for playoffs.
Here come the Pirates. They're starting to hit there stride at the right time. Something you come to expect from a Haywood coached team. A win next week could vault them to the overall #1 or #2 seed, which would mean home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
bucslover68 Wrote:Dixon is a warrior. I probably wouldn’t have let him touch the field the second half. He is still incredible at maybe 70 pct.

Buc,do you think he plays next week since that game really don't mean much and how physical will probably be?
cuppett777 Wrote:Buc,do you think he plays next week since that game really don't mean much and how physical will probably be?

Next weeks game is huge. RPI points on the line. If Dixon can go he’ll play. I’m hearing that he should be fine with some rest
cuppett777 Wrote:Buc,do you think he plays next week since that game really don't mean much and how physical will probably be?

I think it al just depends on how his treatment goes. Belfry is gonna get an RPI boost just by playing JC. If they win, it’s a real big boost. So, IMO if he’s able to play he plays. He can rest for a couple of weeks after that if he needs to,
What time is middle school game today
Anyone else taking notice that if Belfry's RPI is the 4th seed come the final four and things hold serve, the Pirates will be heading to Paducah?
bball_fan Wrote:Anyone else taking notice that if Belfry's RPI is the 4th seed come the final four and things hold serve, the Pirates will be heading to Paducah?

This could very well happen, but a lot can still be decided based on this Friday’s games. Plus you will have a tough regional game before you even think about the semis.
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:What time is middle school game today

7pm
Vipperman Stadium
Congrats to Belfry. Too many players for Hawks to match up.
bball_fan Wrote:Anyone else taking notice that if Belfry's RPI is the 4th seed come the final four and things hold serve, the Pirates will be heading to Paducah?

I know Belfry fans from Pond Creek won't like it, but I sure would, I drive over to see it from Arkansas.
Congrats to the pirates.
Congratulations to the Belfry faithful on another district championship.

Man you couldn't have asked for a better start if you were a PC fan, good opening kickoff return by Keegan Bentley to near mid-field and then first play from scrimmage Tyler Hunt bolts 55 yards for a TD. The team was fired up, the crowd was in a frenzy. Belfry quickly answered which put a hush to the crowd. But then the next PC drive, the freshman phenom Matt Anderson broke a big run and got dragged down at the 1 yard line but it came with a price and Anderson ended up hurt on the play and unfortunately did not return to the game. PC would score on the drive to go up 14-6.

Unfortunately I think the Anderson injury was a game changer after that, Belfry's defense clamped down and slowly wilted PC down.

The streak moves to 28-0.

Man....maybe someday we'll figure out how to beat them.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Congratulations to the Belfry faithful on another district championship.

Man you couldn't have asked for a better start if you were a PC fan, good opening kickoff return by Keegan Bentley to near mid-field and then first play from scrimmage Tyler Hunt bolts 55 yards for a TD. The team was fired up, the crowd was in a frenzy. Belfry quickly answered which put a hush to the crowd. But then the next PC drive, the freshman phenom Matt Anderson broke a big run and got dragged down at the 1 yard line but it came with a price and Anderson ended up hurt on the play and unfortunately did not return to the game. PC would score on the drive to go up 14-6.

Unfortunately I think the Anderson injury was a game changer after that, Belfry's defense clamped down and slowly wilted PC down.

The streak moves to 28-0.

Man....maybe someday we'll figure out how to beat them.

How’s Anderson?
Pages: 1 2