Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: In high school football what team could be a Cinderella story in Playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which team that flying under radar could make a deep run in playoffs? I looking forward to these playoffs!!!! I think Corbin could be Cinderella type year( normally I don’t consider Redhounds a underdog but they have dealt with injuries and had few set backs). Also Breathitt Co could make some noise in playoffs. Like hear some more teams that you guys think could pull off upsets in playoffs this year.
Logan Co in 4A.

Mercer Co in 3A.

Paintsville in 1A.
1A Raceland or KCD
2A Danville (If the Ads win Rd.1, watch out)
3A Bardstown or Mercer
4A Central (flying WAY under the radar)
5A No clue!
6A Same as 5A
I wouldn’t consider Paintsville or Raceland Cinderella’s. Now KCD would be my pick if they were to win that would be a total shock.
#55PirateFan Wrote:1A Raceland or KCD
3A Bardstown or Mercer
5A No clue!
6A Same as 5A

I agree completely with 1A and 2A, and haven't watched enough of the bigger classes to formulate a decent response.

All I know is I'll be pulling for the Belfry Pirates in 3A
Whitley County!
Spud6 Wrote:I wouldn’t consider Paintsville or Raceland Cinderella’s. Now KCD would be my pick if they were to win that would be a total shock.

Anyone but Pikeville winning 1A would be a complete shock to me, but I know what you mean
#55PirateFan Wrote:1A Raceland or KCD
3A Bardstown or Mercer
5A No clue!
6A Same as 5A

You know I love you 55 but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that Danville wins a playoff game.

Not throwing shade on the Ads, they're getting better after this year but just not enough firepower right now.
1A— Hazard or Paintsville or Newport Catholic ( not whole lot talk about them)
2A— Breathitt County, Beechwood ( not whole lot talk about them either after some tough early losses)
3A— Ashland or Mercer Co
4A-Central
5A-Pulaski Co or Conner
6A-DuPont Manuel
FoSho Wrote:You know I love you 55 but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that Danville wins a playoff game.

Not throwing shade on the Ads, they're getting better after this year but just not enough firepower right now.

Lol! Never know my brotha! He asked for a Cinderella! Danville would be the prettiest of them all if they did end up winning it wouldn't they? 😂
Statebound19 Wrote:Which team that flying under radar could make a deep run in playoffs? I looking forward to these playoffs!!!! I think Corbin could be Cinderella type year( normally I don’t consider Redhounds a underdog but they have dealt with injuries and had few set backs). Also Breathitt Co could make some noise in playoffs. Like hear some more teams that you guys think could pull off upsets in playoffs this year.
I like your confidence in giving the hounds a chance, but........ with their RPI, and what we actually have this year, region will probably be the end of the road for us. We don’t have the guns to compete with Boyle county, JC, Franklin, and maybe a few more this year. That’s no shot to our team, we’ve been to the last two title games. It happens. I love our team, I love our players, and we have some very talented young men. We just don’t have enough to make a run like say 2002.
Fulton county
1A- KCD because everyone is underestimating them and this is the 1st time they've been in this position.

2a- Shelby Valley or West Carter bc it's highly unlikely either or them get past 3rd round.

3a- Russell- same as 2a

4a- Anyone except JC or Boyle. Lex Cath could make it interesting with likely Mr. Football on their team

5a- Anyone except Cov Cath or FD. Scott County has a chance to redeem themselves after FD put a running clock on them early in the season.

6a- Anyone not named Trinity or Male
Wayne County is dangerous with their ability to run the ball. They have a coach who has found his way into the finals before. Ability to run becomes more important as it gets cold and windy
BlackcatPride32 Wrote:Anyone but Pikeville winning 1A would be a complete shock to me, but I know what you mean

Why would that be such a total shock. Paintsville only lost to them by 1 point.
I would love to see PT shock the world.
E's Army Wrote:Wayne County is dangerous with their ability to run the ball. They have a coach who has found his way into the finals before. Ability to run becomes more important as it gets cold and windy
Totally agree I want to see how the do vs Red hounds Friday . If they can win at Corbin there a really good team!!!!
1A Campbellsville ( All 26 players)
3A Glasgow
4A Corbin (that’s right beat Wayne County twice) Johnson Central on the road then Central at home and the grand prize Boyle County Confusednicker:
I’d say in one other than Boyle co. Is a Cinderella in 4 a.
Hah. I’d hardly call JC a Cinderella. Boyle might be the favorite but a juggernaut like JC isn’t some fairy book team with a slight chance
I’m interested in seeing how far McCracken can go in 6a.
Hound05 Wrote:Hah. I’d hardly call JC a Cinderella. Boyle might be the favorite but a juggernaut like JC isn’t some fairy book team with a slight chance

Agree!!! Boyle might be better team on paper but Johnson Central is going to short the game and clock and running smash mouth football right at you.
I would love to see a Louisville Central game at JC in the semis. That would be fun. Or Louisville Central at Boyle. I guarantee you Central has 11 athletes on the field that could keep up with Boyle. They have more overall team speed and I'd say and Boyle wouldn't be able to just throw go routes all night like they have all year because they haven't played a team with corners that can cover them. I think Central has the ability to do that.
pirateforlife Wrote:I would love to see a Louisville Central game at JC in the semis. That would be fun. Or Louisville Central at Boyle. I guarantee you Central has 11 athletes on the field that could keep up with Boyle. They have more overall team speed and I'd say and Boyle wouldn't be able to just throw go routes all night like they have all year because they haven't played a team with corners that can cover them. I think Central has the ability to do that.

Central doesn't have overall team speed over Boyle. 😂

Stereotype much?

Boyle Co would have a field day versus the Jackets.
Bardstown. Go Tigers!
Statebound19 Wrote:Agree!!! Boyle might be better team on paper but Johnson Central is going to short the game and clock and running smash mouth football right at you.

JC is a very good team but team speed would be a huge problem for them vs Boyle Co.

We could man up the WR and stack the box to stop the run.

The Rebels have this game circled. I hope it happens because it'll be the focal point of the KHSAA championship weekend.
FoSho Wrote:Central doesn't have overall team speed over Boyle. 😂

Stereotype much?

Boyle Co would have a field day versus the Jackets.

No stereotype at all. I've seen many Central teams play and they've all had elite team speed. Defense is what won them all of those championships they've had. Just going on the what I've seen with my own eyes against those Belfry teams and against Corbin. Offense has always been a problem for them but their defense is elite. Just dont think Boyle would be able to out-athlete them like they have most teams.
pirateforlife Wrote:No stereotype at all. I've seen many Central teams play and they've all had elite team speed. Defense is what won them all of those championships they've had. Just going on the what I've seen with my own eyes against those Belfry teams and against Corbin. Offense has always been a problem for them but their defense is elite. Just dont think Boyle would be able to out-athlete them like they have most teams.

JCs advantage is team size/strength.

BCs advantage is team speed.

It's not a knock on JC to say the Rebels have more team speed and athletes. It's true.
Does Somerset count as a Cinderella story given the loss of their starting running back and losing to LCA already?
Bunnies are not an underdog. They are still loaded
Pages: 1 2