Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 2A Rankings 10-21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Mayfield
2. Lexington Christian
3. Somerset
4. Owensboro Catholic
5. Breathitt County
6. Beechwood
7. Caldwell County
8. Murray
9. West Carter
10. Lloyd Memorial

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Danville's starting to play better football. There losses have been to very solid teams. When do they start getting a few votes? I'll guarantee the talent on there sidelines, despite it being a down year, is still Top 10 worthy. I'd certainly have them favored against West Carter and probably Lloyd, as well..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Danville's starting to play better football. There losses have been to very solid teams. When do they start getting a few votes? I'll guarantee the talent on there sidelines, despite it being a down year, is still Top 10 worthy. I'd certainly have them favored against West Carter and probably Lloyd, as well..

I would agree that they are likely better than those teams, but no matter how you want to shake it, Danville is going to end up with a losing season and first round playoff exit. Those other teams will not.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Danville's starting to play better football. There losses have been to very solid teams. When do they start getting a few votes? I'll guarantee the talent on there sidelines, despite it being a down year, is still Top 10 worthy. I'd certainly have them favored against West Carter and probably Lloyd, as well..

I had Danville at week #0 N/A week 1 #8 week 2 #10 week 3 #10 week 4,5,6,7,8,9 Outside of my top 10 :HitWall:
I don't see anything to hang your hat on about Danville this season. I think this poll looks pretty solid.
Does Breathitt County coast to 3rd round?
The ads are better than at least one team on the list and probably better than a couple imo but as mentioned previously, it appears they are destined for a first round exit and the teams that could be questioned do not appear to have that same destiny.
Hard to make a case for a 3-5 team being in top ten. Especially when their wins have come against teams with records of 4-4, 3-5 and 2-6. Their best loss was to a 1a team with a 5-3 record.
mysonis55 Wrote:Hard to make a case for a 3-5 team being in top ten. Especially when their wins have come against teams with records of 4-4, 3-5 and 2-6. Their best loss was to a 1a team with a 5-3 record.

55, I agree with what your saying here as far as making a case for them being a top 10 team. But the best team they've played, hands down, is Boyle County not a 5-3 1A school (Hazard I assume). Unless you meant by saying their beat loss, meaning closest loss. Then I would agree. A one point loss to a pretty damn good Hazard team was more impressive than any of the others.

Danville is down, we all know that. But man, look at that schedule they've played. If Breathitt's is the easiest schedule in 2A, and I think it is in comparison to the other top teams, then wouldn't Danville's have to be close to being the toughest? Boyle County, Hazard, Somerset, LCA, and maybe even Madison Southern. Wow! Thats a gauntlet! And their 1st round opponent will be a top 3 team in the whole class to top it off.

And I have to agree as well that they'll probably be a 1st round exit just for the simple fact that their going to have to face either LCA or Somerset. If they played in any other district other than District 4 in 2A, which has two of the top 3 teams in the class in it, its possible Danville makes it to the 3rd round at least. The Ads are rebuilding I know but I still think their not the worse team either. Just alot stacked against them this year. Playing in the toughest district, playing a brutal schedule, and in the process of rebuilding, the deck was stacked against them from the start in my opinion. But rest assured, the Ads won't stay down long.

And I didn't just single your post out 55, it was just the last one and I didnt quite understand your comment about their best loss.

1. LCA
  2. Mayfield
  3. Somerset
  4. Beechwood
  5. Owensboro Cath
  6. Caldwell
  7. LLoyd
  8. Danville
  9. Breathitt
  10. Murray
I got you 55. I did mean the 1 point loss as their best loss since it was competitive. However, kind of double standards in that form of thinking. This is proof of that:
Mayfield schedule
Beat a top ten 3a PT
Beat a top ten team 4a, Hopkinsville
Beat a 5a team that wins #2 seed in district, Graves
Beat a top 10 team in 2a, Caldwell Co
Still has another top ten team in 2a this week
Still has a top ten 4a team in Madisonville
Lost by 10 to #7 in 6a and everyone wanted them bumped from the top 4-5

Pretty stout schedule and so far only 1 loss. I would also say the district Mayfield is in , is right their with Danville’s district. Danville is down and does not have a case for top ten.
If I had to bet my money it would be on Danville over Murray and/or Caldwell. IMO these Western 2A programs don't play very good schedules. Of course it will play out during the playoffs.
mysonis55 Wrote:I got you 55. I did mean the 1 point loss as their best loss since it was competitive. However, kind of double standards in that form of thinking. This is proof of that:
Mayfield schedule
Beat a top ten 3a PT
Beat a top ten team 4a, Hopkinsville
Beat a 5a team that wins #2 seed in district, Graves
Beat a top 10 team in 2a, Caldwell Co
Still has another top ten team in 2a this week
Still has a top ten 4a team in Madisonville
Lost by 10 to #7 in 6a and everyone wanted them bumped from the top 4-5

Pretty stout schedule and so far only 1 loss. I would also say the district Mayfield is in , is right their with Danville’s district. Danville is down and does not have a case for top ten.

That's kinda what I thought you meant when I went back and read it.

Mayfields schedule is a monster too. The difference between them and Danville, the Cards are winning. I picked Mayfield to win the whole thing preseason. Even though they had the one set back, my mind hasn't changed at all.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:If I had to bet my money it would be on Danville over Murray and/or Caldwell. IMO these Western 2A programs don't play very good schedules. Of course it will play out during the playoffs.

I believe both would beat Danville this year. Not usually but, this year they would. I think they would both beat OC as well. Murray did last year in Owensboro and its almost the same exact Murray team. Happy
mysonis55 Wrote:I believe both would beat Danville this year. Not usually but, this year they would. I think they would both beat OC as well. Murray did last year in Owensboro and its almost the same exact Murray team. Happy

How many of your predictions have been correct this year? Want me to post them?
Touché
Mayfield #1 is dead on right
Walt Longmire Wrote:How many of your predictions have been correct this year? Want me to post them?

please do Confusednicker:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield #1 is dead on right

Top 3 are right?
I think the top three are interchangeable, but if I had to pick the top team in 2A right now, it would be Lexington Christian. They have two huge wins over Somerset and Lexington Catholic and their only loss, is to one of the best teams in 3A, Belfry. I would put Mayfield at #2, followed by Somerset at #3. In my opinion, these three teams are the favorites at this time. The second tier teams are Owensboro Catholic, Breathitt, and Beechwood. I think any of these teams are capable of making deep runs, but the jury is still out on how good these teams are, especially Breathitt County. The third tier teams are Caldwell County, Murray, West Carter, Shelby Valley, and Lloyd Memorial. These five teams are solid, but I don't see them competing for a regional title and getting a spot in the state semifinals. At the end of the day, anything can happen and anyone can get beaten on any given night. It should be a fun ride to December.
Walt Longmire Wrote:How many of your predictions have been correct this year? Want me to post them?
Yes, why don't you post them all fence sitter.
mysonis55 Wrote:Touché
Really Mr. Running Clock?
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Yes, why don't you post them all fence sitter.

He knows.
Danville is right there with 5,6,7 and would walk the dog on 8,9,10