Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 1A Rankings 10-21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsvile
3. Newport Central Catholic
4. Raceland
5. Campbellsville
6. Williamsburg
7. Kentucky Country Day
8. Hazard
9. Crittenden County
10. Holy Cross Louisville

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Bethlehem deserves to be in Top 10 over Holy Cross or Crittenden Co.. Losing 48-42 to a Top 5 Campbellsville team shouldn't drop you from the rankings, in my opinion.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Bethlehem deserves to be in Top 10 over Holy Cross or Crittenden Co.. Losing 48-42 to a Top 5 Campbellsville team shouldn't drop you from the rankings, in my opinion.

Boom, I had them at #10 :popcorn:
I think Crittendon Co is good to be in there. They probably could beat KCD.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Bethlehem deserves to be in Top 10 over Holy Cross or Crittenden Co.. Losing 48-42 to a Top 5 Campbellsville team shouldn't drop you from the rankings, in my opinion.

Campbellsville has been overrated all season.
Pikeville is consistently good this year. They have a very strong change in making a push in 1A playoffs
Beano95 Wrote:Pikeville is consistently good this year. They have a very strong change in making a push in 1A playoffs

I’m pretty sure they are going to walk into the state finals. I see a scenario where they avoid Paintsville/ Raceland winner and NCC until the finals.
I don't know if anyone will "walk" into the state finals. Campbellsville was competitive with Beechwood for a half in last year's playoffs and returned most of their team. The one kid they have on their team is a beast, a do-it-all athlete. While Class A may not be as strong top to bottom as other classes, the upper echelon of the class is very formidable. I expect both semifinal games to be very competitive and entertaining.
Buffs19 Wrote:I don't know if anyone will "walk" into the state finals. Campbellsville was competitive with Beechwood for a half in last year's playoffs and returned most of their team. The one kid they have on their team is a beast, a do-it-all athlete. While Class A may not be as strong top to bottom as other classes, the upper echelon of the class is very formidable. I expect both semifinal games to be very competitive and entertaining.

Pikeville will beat any West team by 3 TDs not named NCC. They would also beat them by 3 scores to be honest. Hazard will play better in round 2 (heck they can’t play worse) but still go down by 3 scores.
New Cath is starting to rear their head at play off time. They are very dangerous
2000PHS Wrote:I’m pretty sure they are going to walk into the state finals. I see a scenario where they avoid Paintsville/ Raceland winner and NCC until the finals.

I wouldn't mind seeing that but please explain how that can happen with RPI.
Only way an East team has a shot vs Pikeville Is on neutral field at Kroger imo
jetpilot Wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing that but please explain how that can happen with RPI.
Only way an East team has a shot vs Pikeville Is on neutral field at Kroger imo

Bye
Hazard
Nicholas County
Campbellsville
NewCath or Paintsville/Raceland winner

That is a realistic path I assume 2000 was referencing.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Bye
Hazard
Nicholas County
Campbellsville
NewCath or Paintsville/Raceland winner.
That is a realistic path I assume 2000 was referencing.

Yes that's what they hope for but it takes a lot of ifs ands or buts for RPI to work out that way. Bring Paintsville/Raceland to Pikeville in semis is what I want.
So with reseeding after each round from the regionals on, does the highest seed host? I think I'm remembering it right. I cant stand going back and reading through it again.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes that's what they hope for but it takes a lot of ifs ands or buts for RPI to work out that way. Bring Paintsville/Raceland to Pikeville in semis is what I want.

Why? I guess it would make sense for Pikeville to want play the toughest competition at home instead of on a neutral site.

I am predicting that KCD doesn’t make it to round 3 which makes Paintsville and Pikeville the top 2 overall seeds. NCC will probably be the next in line and travel to Paintsville in the semi finals.

Pikeville would get Eminence/Campbellsville/ or who cares Pikeville by running clock.

If Raceland beats Paintsville, Pikeville might face them in round 4 due to them currently being below NCC, Eminence in RPI.
Buffs19 Wrote:I don't know if anyone will "walk" into the state finals. Campbellsville was competitive with Beechwood for a half in last year's playoffs and returned most of their team. The one kid they have on their team is a beast, a do-it-all athlete. While Class A may not be as strong top to bottom as other classes, the upper echelon of the class is very formidable. I expect both semifinal games to be very competitive and entertaining.

Campbellsville will be sitting at the house early in the playoffs.
You kitty cats in the East shouldn't pencil yourselves in just yet.

1. Pikeville
  2. Paintsville
  3. NCC
  4. Raceland
  5. Hazard
  6. KCD
  7. Williamsburg
  8. Holy Cross LOU
  9. Campbellsville
  10. Bethlehem
2000PHS Wrote:Why? I guess it would make sense for Pikeville to want play the toughest competition at home instead of on a neutral site.

I am predicting that KCD doesn’t make it to round 3 which makes Paintsville and Pikeville the top 2 overall seeds. NCC will probably be the next in line and travel to Paintsville in the semi finals.

Pikeville would get Eminence/Campbellsville/ or who cares Pikeville by running clock.

If Raceland beats Paintsville, Pikeville might face them in round 4 due to them currently being below NCC, Eminence in RPI.

Yes.
Iam4thecats Wrote:
  1. Pikeville
  2. Paintsville
  3. NCC
  4. Raceland
  5. Hazard
  6. KCD
  7. Williamsburg
  8. Holy Cross LOU
  9. Campbellsville
  10. Bethlehem

I would have Williamsburg ahead of KCD.
My Playoff Predictions, starting with Round 3:

West:
Nicholas County @ Pikeville
Williamsburg @ Paintsville

East:
Holy Cross @ NCC
Fulton County/Crittenden Co. @ KCD

Round 4 (Semifinals):
NCC @ Paintsville
Fulton Co/Crittenden Co. @ Pikeville (Neither West Team a chance due to length of trip just to compete)

Finals:
Paintsville vs Pikeville
2000PHS Wrote:I would have Williamsburg ahead of KCD.
Nothing wrong with that.
Per the Class 1A Stat Leaders page on the KHSAA's website, looks like there should be more talk about Williamsburg taking home the title this year. Evidently, they've only given up 65 yards rushing on the year and 5 yards passing on the year (8 total games). I'm a firm believer that defense wins championships, and it appears that the toughest defense in Class A is residing in Williamsburg.
How long until a team throws a game to benefit their RPI/Playoff picture?
Panther Thunder Wrote:How long until a team throws a game to benefit their RPI/Playoff picture?
I would like to hear the mechanics of how you think that would work.
2000PHS Wrote:I would have Williamsburg ahead of KCD.

I would have them above several more teams Smile
Buffs19 Wrote:Per the Class 1A Stat Leaders page on the KHSAA's website, looks like there should be more talk about Williamsburg taking home the title this year. Evidently, they've only given up 65 yards rushing on the year and 5 yards passing on the year (8 total games). I'm a firm believer that defense wins championships, and it appears that the toughest defense in Class A is residing in Williamsburg.

I say with GREAT confidence that Pikeville has the best defense in Class 1A. The only reason we are undefeated is because our defense won the first four games, giving our young QB time to develop. Ya also really can’t compare Pikeville at the beginning of the season and now, they are much better offensively
Buffs19 Wrote:Per the Class 1A Stat Leaders page on the KHSAA's website, looks like there should be more talk about Williamsburg taking home the title this year. Evidently, they've only given up 65 yards rushing on the year and 5 yards passing on the year (8 total games). I'm a firm believer that defense wins championships, and it appears that the toughest defense in Class A is residing in Williamsburg.

That’s based on defensive stats that Williamsburg themselves report. They’ve only reported one game. They gave up I think 180 yards passing and 170 yards rushing just to Middlesboro. The Williamsburg D is NOT as good as you think based on reading stats like that. Lol. You can go to their schedule and results on KHSAA and click on their opponent, then stats and see what the opponent reports for offense and tell their D is nowhere near that. Watch film, it will tell you a lot more than fluffed up stats

That actually is the only stats they put up for teams they have played and those were the ones from the first game. The rushing and passing yard against them by the other teams they played were left blank, so khsaa only reported the one game.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I would like to hear the mechanics of how you think that would work.

If Paintsville thought that KCD could make it to the final 4, Paintsville would be better off being the 4 seed as opposed to the 3 and going to Pikeville. Just one scenario.
Pages: 1 2