Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter @ Russell 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Russell wins but East isn't a push-over. East Offensively is balanced but not great or explosive. East Defensively plays hard good size and some speed. Tackled very well in space, at least when Ashland played them.
T-Cats, you must be a true Russell hater to show up in every discussion discussing Russell and what they better watch out for in there game. Russell will finish strong to end the season and head to Ashland's Putnam Stadium looking for revenge!
Russell should win this one with relative ease, but like T-Cats said, this is the best East Carter football team in a long time. Russell cannot come out thinking it will be a cakewalk or they will find themselves in a game.
East suprised me with how they played against Ashland. Russell is a match up nightmare though. If you dont have elite speed or are able to match them physically, its goina be damn hard to beat them. It's not that they have elite speed all over the field, they just flow sideline to sideline better than any team I've seen out of this area in awhile. And they are extremely physical in the run game. Ashland wasnt as physical, but had the speed upfront and in the backfield and LB to counter it. I think Russell out muscles East a little more than Ashland did. But like NEKY said, if they over look them they will find themselves in a ballgame.
Going with Russell though

Russell 35
East 14
Devils by 3+ TD's.
Devils in a competitive game
Devils by 20
This could be a tighter game than people expect. Devils pull away in the second half.
Russell 38

East Carter 10
Devils are a solid team. Hard for teams that have an overwhelming strength to beat them
Russell 42-14 over East Carter. I hope Russell will work on there passing game in these last 2 games vs. East Carter and West Carter. I believe before the Ashland game the Passing game for Russell was getting better each game. If they can improve on there passing game and we know QB Charlie Jachimczuk is a good QB Russell can make a deep run in the playoffs.
Russell 48
East Carter 14
14-7 Russell almost half
24-7 at the half.
31-7 11:25 4th Russell fumbled once on the East 7 so Russell could be up at least 1 more td.