Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeSales @ Mercer County 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:
Pulling for Mercer County but I’ll take Desales by 7
Mercer County 7-1 ...........RPI 0.684
DeSales...........................RPI 0.679
DeSales - 33
Mercer Co - 28
I wouldn’t have made this pick at the beginning of the season, but I’ll take Mercer at home in a close one.
DeSales big
Desales 42
Mercer 21
64SUR Wrote:Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Should be interesting. Gonna see if Mercer is a real contender. No early for a prediction
Mercer County 21-14
mysonis55 Wrote:DeSales big

Could happen, who knows. I am interested to hear your reasoning as to why you think Desales Big? Their main common opponent is CAL. Mercer was up 10 with under 1 min left in the game. CAL/Desales went to overtime.
Pulling for Mercer. Would love to see this one. I say a touchdown either way will win it.
Colt's win a close one.
UK1 Wrote:Could happen, who knows. I am interested to hear your reasoning as to why you think Desales Big? Their main common opponent is CAL. Mercer was up 10 with under 1 min left in the game. CAL/Desales went to overtime.

Comparing opponents isn't the most reliable way of picking a game. Games are about match ups, certain teams match up differently. I will say that It's very tough to gauge a DeSales - CAL game. It's such a rivalry game.

The Mercer game is simple, if they can run the football, they will win. If they can't and that D-Line from DeSales is wrecking havoc, it will be a long night for Mercer.

DeSales, has been in this situation many times, they are experienced, and playing on the road isn't a big deal. I'll take the Colts -13.5
ColtPride Wrote:Comparing opponents isn't the most reliable way of picking a game. Games are about match ups, certain teams match up differently. I will say that It's very tough to gauge a DeSales - CAL game. It's such a rivalry game.

The Mercer game is simple, if they can run the football, they will win. If they can't and that D-Line from DeSales is wrecking havoc, it will be a long night for Mercer.

DeSales, has been in this situation many times, they are experienced, and playing on the road isn't a big deal. I'll take the Colts -13.5

Yeah I agree it comes down to matchups. Both teams run the ball better than they pass. Both teams defend the run better than the pass. Desales has a better pass rush. Mercer has created more turnovers with their defense than Desales. Should be a good game as long as Mercer can block their D-Line.
UK1 Wrote:Yeah I agree it comes down to matchups. Both teams run the ball better than they pass. Both teams defend the run better than the pass. Desales has a better pass rush. Mercer has created more turnovers with their defense than Desales. Should be a good game as long as Mercer can block their D-Line.

I agree. I'm expecting a good game as well. Both teams know what's at stake. Is Mercer's field grass or turf?
ColtPride Wrote:I agree. I'm expecting a good game as well. Both teams know what's at stake. Is Mercer's field grass or turf?

Good old grass!
ColtPride Wrote:I agree. I'm expecting a good game as well. Both teams know what's at stake. Is Mercer's field grass or turf?

Grass but it's in pristine condition. Looks like the old UK grass field.
DeSales has 3 of the top five sack leaders in 3A. Their game plan is simple. Mercer County has 6 sacks all season. DeSales has a 3A leading 39. PT rushes for more yards per game than Mercer County does. PT could not crack the front 8 of DeSales. I'm not sure Mercer will either.
UK1 Wrote:Could happen, who knows. I am interested to hear your reasoning as to why you think Desales Big? Their main common opponent is CAL. Mercer was up 10 with under 1 min left in the game. CAL/Desales went to overtime.

I read this a bit differently. First, the Mercer Co/CAL game had a lot to do with CAL missing their top weapon, Babin. The DeSales/CAL game has a lot to do with Babin being back and it being a rivalry. I also feel this may have been a case of DeSales players racking up a big lead and celebrating a bit too soon. I think you will experience the difference first hand Friday.
mysonis55 Wrote:I read this a bit differently. First, the Mercer Co/CAL game had a lot to do with CAL missing their top weapon, Babin. The DeSales/CAL game has a lot to do with Babin being back and it being a rivalry. I also feel this may have been a case of DeSales players racking up a big lead and celebrating a bit too soon. I think you will experience the difference first hand Friday.
Desales is a great team and will be an extremely tough game for Mercer. I see above one big paragraph of excuses.
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales has 3 of the top five sack leaders in 3A. Their game plan is simple. Mercer County has 6 sacks all season. DeSales has a 3A leading 39. PT rushes for more yards per game than Mercer County does. PT could not crack the front 8 of DeSales. I'm not sure Mercer will either.
Mercer had more rushing yards against CAL than Desales had in total offense against CAL. Desales is not a great passing team. Nobody has had much success running against Mercer this year either.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I wouldn’t have made this pick at the beginning of the season, but I’ll take Mercer at home in a close one.
I’d be right there with ya at the start of the season. I think On a neutral field or at desales, they win by 14+. It being at Mercer I’m literally torn. In my mind I still think the probability of Desales winning is about 55%.
mysonis55 Wrote:I read this a bit differently. First, the Mercer Co/CAL game had a lot to do with CAL missing their top weapon, Babin. The DeSales/CAL game has a lot to do with Babin being back and it being a rivalry. I also feel this may have been a case of DeSales players racking up a big lead and celebrating a bit too soon. I think you will experience the difference first hand Friday.

I think teams underestimate the Titans.

Boyle Co is very balanced and is hard to defend. DeSales is not. Mercer did as good a job as anyone defending the Rebels. Mercer also ran the ball better against Boyle Co than anyone they have faced.

Mercer Co can win this game IMO.

I can guarantee you one thing, they will be prepared and they will fight.
FoSho Wrote:I think teams underestimate the Titans.

Boyle Co is very balanced and is hard to defend. DeSales is not. Mercer did as good a job as anyone defending the Rebels. Mercer also ran the ball better against Boyle Co than anyone they have faced.

Mercer Co can win this game IMO.

I can guarantee you one thing, they will be prepared and they will fight.

All conjectures and suppositions of causality, game theory, determinism, and von Neumannian mathematics, tells us that placing a team's future effects (wins, losses, ties, etc), on their prior successes, in defeat, is a null hypothesis. Boyle Co. is a grand program; however, Mercer Co's. defeat at the hands of Boyle, will have no consequence on any game that they have moving forward (DeSales, next week, the playoffs, etc).

But, if anyone on this site, or on planet Earth, would be willing to work with a bookmaker, and myself, on formulating an opposing betting strategy, Mercer's offensive, defensive, and special teams results on Friday, based on statistical analysis from the Boyle Co. game, please let me know, as I will happily relish your family not having any Christmas presents come December. And, simply as an extension of the holiday spirit, I will permit you to pay me in segmented installments, with a simple compounded interest of 33.4%.

Mercer Co. could absolutely defeat, pummel, or edge out, DeSales on Friday, but it will have nothing to do with their successes in defeat against any team, at any time, ever, in their program's history.
turkeysalad Wrote:All conjectures and suppositions of causality, game theory, determinism, and von Neumannian mathematics, tells us that placing a team's future effects (wins, losses, ties, etc), on their prior successes, in defeat, is a null hypothesis. Boyle Co. is a grand program; however, Mercer Co's. defeat at the hands of Boyle, will have no consequence on any game that they have moving forward (DeSales, next week, the playoffs, etc).

But, if anyone on this site, or on planet Earth, would be willing to work with a bookmaker, and myself, on formulating an opposing betting strategy, Mercer's offensive, defensive, and special teams results on Friday, based on statistical analysis from the Boyle Co. game, please let me know, as I will happily relish your family not having any Christmas presents come December. And, simply as an extension of the holiday spirit, I will permit you to pay me in segmented installments, with a simple compounded interest of 33.4%.

Mercer Co. could absolutely defeat, pummel, or edge out, DeSales on Friday, but it will have nothing to do with their successes in defeat against any team, at any time, ever, in their program's history.

Dafuq you jus say?

Trump 2020 🇺🇸 #maga
turkeysalad Wrote:All conjectures and suppositions of causality, game theory, determinism, and von Neumannian mathematics, tells us that placing a team's future effects (wins, losses, ties, etc), on their prior successes, in defeat, is a null hypothesis. Boyle Co. is a grand program; however, Mercer Co's. defeat at the hands of Boyle, will have no consequence on any game that they have moving forward (DeSales, next week, the playoffs, etc).

:biglmao:

A+ on presentation. :Thumbs:

:flush::zzz::zzz:
FoSho Wrote:Dafuq you jus say?

Trump 2020 🇺🇸 #maga

I just laughed my a$$ off when I saw this reply! Spit everywhere! Hahahahaha!!!

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time brother! 😂😂😂

I needed that!
Barn burner.. DeSales 35 Mercer 34

Brandt Babin, the RB, played vs Mercer. He had 9 carries for 49 yards.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...81568_1067
Pages: 1 2