Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co @ Estill Co 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bell Co next two opponents have winning records. Estill Co 5-3 and Harlan Co 6-2. Bell needs to finish strong with these next two.
I think Bell rolls on, But enjoy a better test, it’s almost time to shine for the post season.
Bell County 56-0
Bell County 8-0.............RPI 0.693
Estill County 5-3............RPI 0.516
Bell Co - 58
Estill Co - 12
Bell County 56
Estill County 12
I think Bell wins but not a running clock unless Estill doesn't show up and starts turning it over. I do suspect Bell to win though.
Main thing is, a good clean injury free game for both teams.
Just got to see first HUDL film of Bell. Their QB is something else.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Just got to see first HUDL film of Bell. Their QB is something else.

He's a game changer for sure.
Looks like some crappy weather may set in for this game Friday night.
BellCo18 Wrote:Looks like some crappy weather may set in for this game Friday night.

It wont matter, Bell is that good. QB is top tier. I do believe Estill will move the ball. Niece is a special talent at QB for Estill as well. Young Engineers battle it out at home on a rainy night.

Bell- 48

Estill- 14
jumpshooter Wrote:It wont matter, Bell is that good. QB is top tier. I do believe Estill will move the ball. Niece is a special talent at QB for Estill as well. Young Engineers battle it out at home on a rainy night.

Bell- 48

Estill- 14
I'll be surprised if Estill can move the ball. My Whitley County team has pretty strong line play and a balanced offense and couldn't do much with the Bobcats.
We get little credit !! We have some strong big boys on our O-line 74, 78, 77 are tuff at there positions
BobcatPride74 Wrote:We get little credit !! We have some strong big boys on our O-line 74, 78, 77 are tuff at there positions

I know you do because Whitley's defensive front is pretty tough.
Bell County’s QB is a game changer. He is really impressive. He is not a big kid but he is really quick.
BellCo18 Wrote:Looks like some crappy weather may set in for this game Friday night.

I think the weather just changed lol, hopefully the rain will hold off
Bell-60 Estill-14
42 to 14 Bell
Bell Co. 49
Estill Co. 14
Bell by 30
Former Bell lineman Jordan Marcum is coaching Estill. They are getting better with him as the coach. But Friday night they will be overmatched by his former school.
Dudley has the Bobcats playing some of their best football and I'm afraid the Engineers may get derailed in the match up. Estill County has improved as the year has went on, but they don't have the size or speed to match Bell County. Dudley gets another win, 48-14.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Dudley has the Bobcats playing some of their best football and I'm afraid the Engineers may get derailed in the match up. Estill County has improved as the year has went on, but they don't have the size or speed to match Bell County. Dudley gets another win, 48-14.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bell will win with relative ease, but who does Bell have besides the QB that Estill can't match their speed? Not being a smart ***, just curious. Estill has good speed on offense and the back end of their D. And I do not think Estill will be outsized by hardly anyone. Center is 6'4'' kid who weighs in around 280 and a couple tackles that are 6'6'', 6'7'' over 300. Now, Bell may be stronger, but I don't think size or speed (other than the QB) will be an issue. The real issue is that Bell is going to line up and be better than you at probably 10 of the 11 spots on both sides of the ball.
Bell huge on this one... as much as they want it to be.
jumpshooter Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think Bell will win with relative ease, but who does Bell have besides the QB that Estill can't match their speed? Not being a smart ***, just curious. Estill has good speed on offense and the back end of their D. And I do not think Estill will be outsized by hardly anyone. Center is 6'4'' kid who weighs in around 280 and a couple tackles that are 6'6'', 6'7'' over 300. Now, Bell may be stronger, but I don't think size or speed (other than the QB) will be an issue. The real issue is that Bell is going to line up and be better than you at probably 10 of the 11 spots on both sides of the ball.

You are right, Estill is huge on the front line, I was thinking about Powell's line. As far as speed or quickness, I'm not going to lie, I didn't see a lot of quickness, or overall team speed when Estill played Breathitt. I'm not saying they don't have speed, I just didn't see it when they played in Jackson.
A lot of people around the EKY are going to use this game as an eye test to see if Breathitt is the real deal or if its the poor schedule making them look that good. Don't let the score of this game, whatever that may be, be a huge indicator as to how good Breathitt is. Estill is a lot better team than they were 6 weeks ago. So, if Bell comes in and runs Estill off the field, Breathitt may not be able to compete with the big dogs in 2A. Because in my opinion, Somerset, Mayfield and LCA would give Bell all they wanted in not more. I know that Breathitt beat Estill pretty badly, but Turnovers killed the Engineers. They moved the ball pretty consistently on the Bobcat defense.
jumpshooter Wrote:A lot of people around the EKY are going to use this game as an eye test to see if Breathitt is the real deal or if its the poor schedule making them look that good. Don't let the score of this game, whatever that may be, be a huge indicator as to how good Breathitt is. Estill is a lot better team than they were 6 weeks ago. So, if Bell comes in and runs Estill off the field, Breathitt may not be able to compete with the big dogs in 2A. Because in my opinion, Somerset, Mayfield and LCA would give Bell all they wanted in not more. I know that Breathitt beat Estill pretty badly, but Turnovers killed the Engineers. They moved the ball pretty consistently on the Bobcat defense.

Turnovers killed the Bobcats as well. Estill scored on a scoop and score and their only touchdown came on a short field, due to another turnover. Breathitt spotted Estill, 13 points, before scoring 50 unanswered points, and a running clock near the end of the third quarter. Personally, I hope Estill makes a good showing and goes "toe to toe" with Bell County. I respect Estill County's program, but I don't think they match up well with Bell.
jumpshooter Wrote:A lot of people around the EKY are going to use this game as an eye test to see if Breathitt is the real deal or if its the poor schedule making them look that good. Don't let the score of this game, whatever that may be, be a huge indicator as to how good Breathitt is. Estill is a lot better team than they were 6 weeks ago. So, if Bell comes in and runs Estill off the field, Breathitt may not be able to compete with the big dogs in 2A. Because in my opinion, Somerset, Mayfield and LCA would give Bell all they wanted in not more. I know that Breathitt beat Estill pretty badly, but Turnovers killed the Engineers. They moved the ball pretty consistently on the Bobcat defense.

Don’t expect Dudley to run up this score against a former player in Coach Marcum.
Bell has several players with speed. Jason Jones At WR has been a standout athlete. Bell is also very deep at WR and RB.
Pages: 1 2