Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Girls Basketball '07 - '08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering how everyone thought the pike county girls basketball teams would do?
I heard Virgie, Millard, and EC, had good 7th grade girls coming up that hadn't played for their school before but are really good. This year for Millard they have Aileah Bartley playing for them and I have seen her play and she is really good. So maybe in my opinion Millard might have a chance. And I know in the past years they never had a chance. But I just want to know everyone elses opinions.
belfry and pikeville will be the top for girls ball... dorton should be okay this year... virgie has lost all five of their good players... elkhorn should also be pretty good this year... don't really know bout any other teams...
Girls Basketball

AB combs from Perry Co.-Back-Prey should be awful good with a surrounding cast.

Emmalena from Knott Co. Slone - Pike also should be very good if they can get one more scorer. These 2 girls play high school ball but i dont think they play together at that level.

June Buch. team is loaded with good 7th/8th (Jacobs-King-Adams)graders will be very hard for anyone to beat them at their own age

Whitesburg Middle school should also be loaded if a number of those girls stayed back as was rumored. Eldrige-Breeding-Cornett will just be in 7th grade i think.

Chavies for Perry should also have a very competitve team

Leslie Co. is always tough in middle school, but not sure if some of them went on the high school or stayed back.
Martha Jane Potter will be the best team in Letcher County. Letcher, Whitesburg and Jenkins will be next in line. All of MJP's team is hold backs from a very good team last year. Who are the best teams in Floyd Co?
the only reason martha jane will be the best is because they have all of last years eighth graders back... again...
i would say that belfry pikeville or elkhorn will be the teams to beat this...i might be wrong but that is just my opinion from things i have heard so far...
Millard will have a pretty good team in this upcoming 08-09 season. They have two very good guards that will put the ball in the hole.
Martin Co Cardinals won the Mountain Middle School Tournament. They have a group
of 7th graders that are pretty good. Seen them play in the Mountain Middle Schoo
Tournament. They won the tournament hands down.
They beat Pikeville this year and also beat Elkhorn City in the State Tournament.
phelps best player i guessin will have to be #10 she is good an deffense and #30 *She quit in the middle of the season* she is good on ofense
**v-ball/cheergurl** Wrote:I was just wondering how everyone thought the pike county girls basketball teams would do?
I heard Virgie, Millard, and EC, had good 7th grade girls coming up that hadn't played for their school before but are really good. This year for Millard they have Aileah Bartley playing for them and I have seen her play and she is really good. So maybe in my opinion Millard might have a chance. And I know in the past years they never had a chance. But I just want to know everyone elses opinions.

And on Millard's team, they got Alicia Bentley. That kid can play ball!
Bballgirl #11 Wrote:Millard will have a pretty good team in this upcoming 08-09 season. They have two very good guards that will put the ball in the hole.

u got a good point there. Aileah Bartley and Alicia Bentley can really do alot. Aileah can drive good and Alicia does everything else. Their new coach (Candace Fleming) is doing a great job with the girls this year, especially for her first year coaching ever!