Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic 13 Highlands 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Going to have to agree with Fosho’s opinion now with BCHS and Cov Cath.

Sounded like a heck of a game though.
Boyle would beat Cov Cath by 2 TDs.
I feel like Cov Cath was really holding back tonight and only doing what was needed to win. Very vanilla offense. Think they are waiting for rematch to really stick it to highlands
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Boyle would beat Cov Cath by 2 TDs.

Cov cath would beat Boyle by 3 or 4 touchdowns.
sstack Wrote:I feel like Cov Cath was really holding back tonight and only doing what was needed to win. Very vanilla offense. Think they are waiting for rematch to really stick it to highlands

I thought they were trying to score at the end with the game already won instead of taking a knee, but Highlands held them off.
Thought Cov.Cath. would win by more than this. But a win is a win regardless of the score. Congrats!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Boyle would beat Cov Cath by 2 TDs.

After watching both Cov Cath and Boyle, I think top to bottom Cov Cath has more talent and better defense. Highlands had no chance to score last night. Moved the ball against Boyle and had several scoring opportunities and shot them selves in the foot. In first half of game last night felt Cov Cath could have put Highlands away with better play calling on offense, they we’re destroying Highlands with the pass but coach continued to just run the ball which is Highlands Defensive strength. Number 15 was open all night and they hardly even targeted star player Mayer (who by the way I felt was lazy player on defense). Coach advantage would go to Boyle. If there is a rematch I expect highlands to get beat bad,highlands was so over matched last night and surprised they only lost 13-0.
I think highlands is doing a phenomenal job with their student broadcasts of the game. That is very cool. I think it’s an incredible way to allow students, with interests in communications, to garner some experience in the field. The students do a great job. Good for the birds. I just wanted to say how brilliant I think the idea is and I hope more schools follow suit.
Woodsman Wrote:I think highlands is doing a phenomenal job with their student broadcasts of the game. That is very cool. I think it’s an incredible way to allow students, with interests in communications, to garner some experience in the field. The students do a great job. Good for the birds. I just wanted to say how brilliant I think the idea is and I hope more schools follow suit.
My daughter is part of that broadcast team. Great experience for the students. They have been getting good feed back. Thanks for your comments
Woodsman Wrote:I think highlands is doing a phenomenal job with their student broadcasts of the game. That is very cool. I think it’s an incredible way to allow students, with interests in communications, to garner some experience in the field. The students do a great job. Good for the birds. I just wanted to say how brilliant I think the idea is and I hope more schools follow suit.

sstack Wrote:My daughter is part of that broadcast team. Great experience for the students. They have been getting good feed back. Thanks for your comments

They broadcasting to radio and doing play by plays?
I agree with SStack. Cov Cath did not come to truly play. They just went through the motions. Just enough to win.
Highlands defense looked good for the last 43 minutes of game time. The way it started, I was thinking it would be a complete blowout. That said, the Cov Cath offense surely was not playing to their potential last night and a playoff matchup will likely look very different.
Spud6 Wrote:They broadcasting to radio and doing play by plays?

Full scale video broadcasts with play by play, commercial adds, interviews ect, all done by students. Great that school gives them prime space in press box to do this.
sstack Wrote:Full scale video broadcasts with play by play, commercial adds, interviews ect, all done by students. Great that school gives them prime space in press box to do this.

That’s awesome! I’ve never heard of a school doing that in depth of broadcast. That’s going to pay dividends to those kids going forward. They’ll already have so much experience if they choose that career in the future.

Is there a place they post these past broadcasts to watch?
Unfortunately most schools do not have the equipment or broadcasting facilities like Highlands. They have a broadcast studio and do daily/weekly news broadcasts, very professional, looks like any local news station. Would be great to see other schools start up programs. It has helped students start career paths and get scholarships.
sstack Wrote:Unfortunately most schools do not have the equipment or broadcasting facilities like Highlands. They have a broadcast studio and do daily/weekly news broadcasts, very professional, looks like any local news station. Would be great to see other schools start up programs. It has helped students start career paths and get scholarships.

Betsy Layne has a nice little room where they have multiple cameras, a green screen and other things that they use for the weekly Betsy Layne high school news show. They have always filmed the games and put up highlights but I’ve never seen someone do what highlands is doing with play by play and commentary. That’s so cool.
Spud6 Wrote:Betsy Layne has a nice little room where they have multiple cameras, a green screen and other things that they use for the weekly Betsy Layne high school news show. They have always filmed the games and put up highlights but I’ve never seen someone do what highlands is doing with play by play and commentary. That’s so cool.
It’s such a good school....aside from the ridiculously absurd success they’ve had on the football field throughout their history. Once again, highlands just being highlands and leading the way.
Spud6 Wrote:That’s awesome! I’ve never heard of a school doing that in depth of broadcast. That’s going to pay dividends to those kids going forward. They’ll already have so much experience if they choose that career in the future.

Is there a place they post these past broadcasts to watch?

On YouTube, HHSfilmandbroadcasting
Congrats to Cov Cath. Thought the margin would be larger.
Great for those kids to get that kind of support and have the equipment to do their broadcasts. Well done!!!
Woodsman Wrote:Cov cath would beat Boyle by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I'm just going to leave this right here.

Comparison games are as follows:

Boyle County - 94
LexCath/Highlands - 28

CovCath - 51
LexCath/Highlands - 37

I'll show myself out....
FoSho Wrote:I'm just going to leave this right here.

Comparison games are as follows:

Boyle County - 94
LexCath/Highlands - 28

CovCath - 51
LexCath/Highlands - 37

I'll show myself out....

Listen, discussing anything with you reminds me of an old saying about arguing with certain types of people like yourself. People like you force others to lower themselves to your level and then you beat them with experience. I’m tapping out because this is a completely pointless discussion. You win. You possess the greatest football mind in the history of man. Boyle county is the absolute BEST football team to ever play the game. No one...and I mean NO ONE can come close to their dominance...in the past, in the present, nor in the future. Boyle county invented football and the world will never be the same after this season. God bless you. Good luck the rest of the way scooter.
Woodsman Wrote:Listen, discussing anything with you reminds me of an old saying about arguing with certain types of people like yourself. People like you force others to lower themselves to your level and then you beat them with experience. I’m tapping out because this is a completely pointless discussion. You win. You possess the greatest football mind in the history of man. Boyle county is the absolute BEST football team to ever play the game. No one...and I mean NO ONE can come close to their dominance...in the past, in the present, nor in the future. Boyle county invented football and the world will never be the same after this season. God bless you. Good luck the rest of the way scooter.

Most definitely not the best football team ever. You’re the one that saying is about. Your ignorance is showing itself. Boyle probably not even the best team in the state. However, they would most likely beat Cov Cath.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Most definitely not the best football team ever. You’re the one that saying is about. Your ignorance is showing itself. Boyle probably not even the best team in the state. However, they would most likely beat Cov Cath.

Best team EVVVVVVVVER!!!
sstack Wrote:After watching both Cov Cath and Boyle, I think top to bottom Cov Cath has more talent and better defense. Highlands had no chance to score last night. Moved the ball against Boyle and had several scoring opportunities and shot them selves in the foot. In first half of game last night felt Cov Cath could have put Highlands away with better play calling on offense, they we’re destroying Highlands with the pass but coach continued to just run the ball which is Highlands Defensive strength. Number 15 was open all night and they hardly even targeted star player Mayer (who by the way I felt was lazy player on defense). Coach advantage would go to Boyle. If there is a rematch I expect highlands to get beat bad,highlands was so over matched last night and surprised they only lost 13-0.

I respect your opinion.

But Boyle held HHS to under 100 yards total offense. When did they move the ball so much? How many yards did they have vs the Colonels?
Woodsman Wrote:Best team EVVVVVVVVER!!!

I guess possibly. But most importantly better than Cov Cath.
Hatz Wrote:I respect your opinion.

But Boyle held HHS to under 100 yards total offense. When did they move the ball so much? How many yards did they have vs the Colonels?

Their offense looked bad against Boyle. But had more success than against Cov Cath. Highlands had ball in red zone with opportunity to score twice against Boyle. Drive stopped on what looked like sure score when QB made very bad decision to throw the ball when being chased and threw int in endzone ( believe they were inside ten on that drive). Can’t remember other drive, but I believe it was also stopped on a highlands bonehead play. Then did nothing against Cov Cath, no chance to score all night.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I guess possibly. But most importantly better than Cov Cath.

Without question. Forever and ever
Hatz Wrote:I respect your opinion.

97 yards against Boyle and 135 against Cov Cath. Not saying they looked good against either. Their offense is terrible! Just had chances to score against Boyle and no chance at all against Cov Cath.
Pages: 1 2