Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 26 Lincoln County 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congrats to Corbin. Big win.
I would like to hear 64 honest opinion on Corbin..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I would like to hear 64 honest opinion on Corbin..

Corbin looking pretty dang good without 4 defensive starters out. 2nd team Allstate TE Ethan Wine ( been out for 3 games) Dawson Fore leading Tackler on the team ( out 1 game) LB Carter Sevier ( out 2 games) and Dalton Ponder ( out 4 games) I’m hoping 3 starters will be back next week against Wayne County. Wine, Fore and Sevier If not I still see Corbin winning this game at home. That is my honest opinion Craze JACKET man. Corbin offense is on a roll :Cheerlead except for fumbling the ball and holding calls. :Cheerlead
Sevier is a defensive end not a LB. and ponder plays at Wburg. Evan Poore is out for the year but he was not a starter.
Congrats to Hounds. Not pretty but a win is a win.
Corbin had 10 penalties in the first half all on offense that smothered 3 drives. But the offense when no penalties was thrown scored quickly to take a 20-14 lead into halftime. Lincoln opened the second half with the ball and almost kept the ball nearly the whole second half, on 3 possessions Corbin scored the first possession and fumbled twice in Lincoln’s side of the field but the defense held to win the game. This defense even without 4 starters is holding opponents to 21 points Lincoln, 7 points Knox (with starters in) and 7 points Lafayette in the last 3 games.with all starters back I look for Corbins DEFENSE to be stronger against Wayne Country. Corbins defense came off the field for about 3 minutes of the second half against Lincoln. Another note, a little help the flag crew kept this game closer than it should have been. Hey, they could make any team look good lol. Haddix will have these boys fired up for the Wayne game.
Corbin is not the same team as they have been the last few years. I’m not giving up completely on the Hounds yet! But I will say, the foreseeable future is looking great and will be back on track. I look for them to be more dominant and explosive on offense.
How has the JV team and Freshman team been doing?
That’s the future.. I know there Middle school is always very strong.
I listened to your game on 107.3- 😬
Lincoln had opportunity to win this game with turnover at 50 yard line.
JMO- Corbin offense is not very good, based on KHSAA stats
Corbin offense is smothering itself with penalties and fumbles.
All the freshman and jv are playing on the varsity, I think there doing pretty good against the other VARSITYs lol. A lot of teams look good on KHSAA IMO, but they pad there schedules. Corbin packs a lunch every week. Lincoln did have the opportunity, but that DEFENSE took it from them twice in a roll. Corbin fumbled twice and Defense held twice. I’ll give Lincoln credit. They clock managed the second half. But the defense locked in and held.
D9578 Wrote:Sevier is a defensive end not a LB. and ponder plays at Wburg. Evan Poore is out for the year but he was not a starter.

Guessed I should have said defensive TE/LB Carter sevier , Don’t know what I was thinking when I mention Dalton Ponder name (I just screwed up) Evan Poore is one of the best overall player on the team. The kid can play any position on the field offense and defense, I don’t know about Poore being out for the year. :pondering:
Craze JACKET man Wrote:How has the JV team and Freshman team been doing?
That’s the future.. I know there Middle school is always very strong.
I listened to your game on 107.3- 😬
Lincoln had opportunity to win this game with turnover at 50 yard line.
JMO- Corbin offense is not very good, based on KHSAA stats

Look I have stayed away from Corbin stuff cause of some of the negativity. We are 21 points away from being 7-0 and people are still dogging us. We may be dead last in stats (I don’t know) we replaced 8 of 11 experienced player that carried us to two state championships on offense. The same team many said last year couldn’t replace the pieces we lost the year prior. We have a new dc who has really stepped up by putting his hands on all aspects of the defense the past three weeks and it has shown. Even with last years team we wasn’t truly dialed in until playoffs cause we wasn’t challenged but a couple times, this years team has been challenged and in my honest opinion I thought we would be lucky to be 2-4 after the first six with Pulaski as a win so go figure. Your right we turned it over and Lincoln was given multiple opportunities to win but they didn’t. They was fired up and ready to play and in all honesty played as good as I thought they would’ve from watching them in pregame. Our team is mostly sophomores and juniors, have a handful of seniors that basically ran scout last couple of years and are playing descent with the exception of Yeager, Steeley and wine (they balled out last year also) I am not saying anything other than the future is bright and with a break or so and getting the ball in Steeley’s hands more we may have several games left to show you. I am a fan and a parent and experienced so much with my oldest, now I am hoping my youngest has as much success. I was skeptical just as much as many others but first year in new class and one win away from having one seed in district I would say we have made lemon aid out of lemons in many eyes and if peoples tinted glasses won’t allow them to see it I am sorry maybe we won’t let them down in the next couple years.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Look I have stayed away from Corbin stuff cause of some of the negativity. We are 21 points away from being 7-0 and people are still dogging us. We may be dead last in stats (I don’t know) we replaced 8 of 11 experienced player that carried us to two state championships on offense. The same team many said last year couldn’t replace the pieces we lost the year prior. We have a new dc who has really stepped up by putting his hands on all aspects of the defense the past three weeks and it has shown. Even with last years team we wasn’t truly dialed in until playoffs cause we wasn’t challenged but a couple times, this years team has been challenged and in my honest opinion I thought we would be lucky to be 2-4 after the first six with Pulaski as a win so go figure. Your right we turned it over and Lincoln was given multiple opportunities to win but they didn’t. They was fired up and ready to play and in all honesty played as good as I thought they would’ve from watching them in pregame. Our team is mostly sophomores and juniors, have a handful of seniors that basically ran scout last couple of years and are playing descent with the exception of Yeager, Steeley and wine (they balled out last year also) I am not saying anything other than the future is bright and with a break or so and getting the ball in Steeley’s hands more we may have several games left to show you. I am a fan and a parent and experienced so much with my oldest, now I am hoping my youngest has as much success. I was skeptical just as much as many others but first year in new class and one win away from having one seed in district I would say we have made lemon aid out of lemons in many eyes and if peoples tinted glasses won’t allow them to see it I am sorry maybe we won’t let them down in the next couple years.

Congrats on your back to back 2nd place finishes, one where you were heavily favored. I shall bow down now. I don't see very many 2nd places in 4A, but maybe you folks will shock me. I bend the knee to thee...
A win in a game that you probably should have lost can have positive outcomes. Better than losing those games.
Cardinal#74 Wrote:Congrats on your back to back 2nd place finishes, one where you were heavily favored. I shall bow down now. I don't see very many 2nd places in 4A, but maybe you folks will shock me. I bend the knee to thee...

They’ve not won a State Title since 1982. Yes 1982.
64SUR Wrote:Guessed I should have said defensive TE/LB Carter sevier , Don’t know what I was thinking when I mention Dalton Ponder name (I just screwed up) Evan Poore is one of the best overall player on the team. The kid can play any position on the field offense and defense, I don’t know about Poore being out for the year. :pondering:

You get confused when you recruit for more than one school and consume too much alcohol.
Cardinal#74 Wrote:Congrats on your back to back 2nd place finishes, one where you were heavily favored. I shall bow down now. I don't see very many 2nd places in 4A, but maybe you folks will shock me. I bend the knee to thee...

Meant state championship games, it is still an accomplishment to get there.
BellCo18 Wrote:They’ve not won a State Title since 1982. Yes 1982.

We will see how you feel about 2nd place finishes when you meet belfry.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:We will see how you feel about 2nd place finishes when you meet belfry.

Or anyone with a winning record.
Hound05 Wrote:Or anyone with a winning record.

Only team Corbin has beaten with a winning record is Whitley.
footballfever Wrote:Only team Corbin has beaten with a winning record is Whitley.

Yea well bell wouldn’t schedule us this year or there would be one more haha. I mean your opponents win percentage is 34% and you wanna come here with that comment? Hahaha. Beat us once and then come talk to the big boys haha
Hound05 Wrote:Yea well bell wouldn’t schedule us this year or there would be one more haha. I mean your opponents win percentage is 34% and you wanna come here with that comment? Hahaha. Beat us once and then come talk to the big boys haha

You brought up record. Bell isn’t my team. There was a time few years ago when Corbin stopped scheduling Bell.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea well bell wouldn’t schedule us this year or there would be one more haha. I mean your opponents win percentage is 34% and you wanna come here with that comment? Hahaha. Beat us once and then come talk to the big boys haha
1982. lol
pjdoug Wrote:1982. lol

Never lol
footballfever Wrote:You brought up record. Bell isn’t my team. There was a time few years ago when Corbin stopped scheduling Bell.

Well yea! I did. Because we were talking to a bell county fan, talking about Corbin, so I kept the conversation about corbin and bell county..... there is a flow to these types of convos.
pjdoug Wrote:1982. lol

I miss you. Haha. Hope all is well bud.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Never lol

Always. I think I watched E.T and Gandhi at Lane Theater the last time the big boys won a championship. lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Never lol

Whitley County High School had only been open for 19 years the last time Corbin won a state championship , and you had some of their best players Smile
Corbins opponents are 25&33. We have played 2 teams with a winning record Whitley and Pulaski. With that said It is a down year for a lot of teams In this area, however Corbin is one of the most consistent teams year in and out and normally play one of the toughest schedules. It just happens a bunch of teams are down. It has been a long time since a state championship however we are usually in the running which is better than sitting at home.