Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Name the 3A Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to give you 3 teams. Team A, B,and C. I will give you some stats, and see if you can name them without cheating. lol

Team A. Opponents combined W -L Average State rank of Opponents.
34-41 103

Team B. 28-44 118

Team C. 35-37 101

I always find these interesting especially during March Madness, when they give you the stats, and you have to guess the team.. Just something fun, and different.
A little tricky with limited stats. I like these though.

We need something that speaks how good the team is and not just how good their opponents were.

I would say something along the lines of "All three teams are currently Top 10 in RPI" or "All Three teams share the same record and are within X RPI points of each other"

Might also want to include the rank of their best win opponent and rank of their worst loss.
I'll go ahead and name the teams.

Team A - Mercer County

Team B - Bell County

Team C - E-town
I can't find a 3a team who matches any of the 3. The totals are too high for the amount of games played so far.
ColtPride Wrote:I'll go ahead and name the teams.

Team A - Mercer County

Team B - Bell County

Team C - E-town

I didn't do the math on the others...but I know Team B can't be Bell Co. currently....their opponents record is 16-33
What’s the point here exactly?
STIFFY Wrote:What’s the point here exactly?

The point is Bell County is gonna smoke some hind end and make people cry.
Opponents records can often be misleading. Years ago teams like Betsy Layne, Jenkins, South Floyd, Allen Central, Phelps, Knott County Central, etc would all play each other. At the time, they were all some of the weaker teams in the state. Yet, it padded the win totals of whatever school(s) may be best that year among the group. I'm not saying it wasn't good these teams scheduled each other because I think it was. It could just be misleading.