Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: QB - Prospect / 3.95 GPA / 6'0 187 lbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you know a coach or administrator please forward. He has baseball offers but is reconsidering playing football now. Thanks

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4148604/5da...0da02676d9
Good player, I was impressed with him against Mayfield.
I passed it along to one of the local coaches. Hope he finds a good spot.
Thanks E
Any idea of the boys ACT scores? I'll pass this on to a couple of coaches near your end of the state. St. Louis and Memphis
papagrit Wrote:Any idea of the boys ACT scores? I'll pass this on to a couple of coaches near your end of the state. St. Louis and Memphis

22 to date. 3 yr starter. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4148604/5a2...17acd82688
Jackson Purchase Wrote:22 to date. 3 yr starter. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4148604/5a2...17acd82688

I contacted one coach (nice guy) and have already received a reply that he will talk to a guy(coach?) at McCracken named Marc about the kid. Apparently he knows the guy. I also forwarded the link on to another coach in Memphis who is also a good guy. Elijah needs to get that ACT score up. Just like football, practicing and taking the ACT gets better scores which leads to better opportunities and academic scholarship money while playing sports. If he can pull a 3.95 GPA then a 26-30 ACT score shouldn't be out of the question if he is serious about college and college football. The St. Louis school will require a minimum of around a 30 ACT score (I know this from experience) and would probably provide the better scholarship of the two. The Memphis school is not as strict on their academic credentials as the St. Louis school, is an excellent school, but the boy will probably be more out of pocket on tuition than with the St. Louis School. Both schools reputations open doors for graduates and require a lot of academic effort as well as athletic effort.

Good luck to him!
papagrit
papagrit Wrote:I contacted one coach (nice guy) and have already received a reply that he will talk to a guy(coach?) at McCracken named Marc about the kid. Apparently he knows the guy. I also forwarded the link on to another coach in Memphis who is also a good guy. Elijah needs to get that ACT score up. Just like football, practicing and taking the ACT gets better scores which leads to better opportunities and academic scholarship money while playing sports. If he can pull a 3.95 GPA then a 26-30 ACT score shouldn't be out of the question if he is serious about college and college football. The St. Louis school will require a minimum of around a 30 ACT score (I know this from experience) and would probably provide the better scholarship of the two. The Memphis school is not as strict on their academic credentials as the St. Louis school, is an excellent school, but the boy will probably be more out of pocket on tuition than with the St. Louis School. Both schools reputations open doors for graduates and require a lot of academic effort as well as athletic effort.

Good luck to him!
papagrit

This board is the BEST.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Thanks E

When E’s Army makes a contact, it’s good as gold 100% :worthy:
He made believers out of the Mayfield crew for sure, wish the best for him
papagrit Wrote:I contacted one coach (nice guy) and have already received a reply that he will talk to a guy(coach?) at McCracken named Marc about the kid. Apparently he knows the guy. I also forwarded the link on to another coach in Memphis who is also a good guy. Elijah needs to get that ACT score up. Just like football, practicing and taking the ACT gets better scores which leads to better opportunities and academic scholarship money while playing sports. If he can pull a 3.95 GPA then a 26-30 ACT score shouldn't be out of the question if he is serious about college and college football. The St. Louis school will require a minimum of around a 30 ACT score (I know this from experience) and would probably provide the better scholarship of the two. The Memphis school is not as strict on their academic credentials as the St. Louis school, is an excellent school, but the boy will probably be more out of pocket on tuition than with the St. Louis School. Both schools reputations open doors for graduates and require a lot of academic effort as well as athletic effort.

Good luck to him!
papagrit

Dang needing a 30 on the ACT?!! That must be one tough school to get in. Best wishes for the kid. Always like seeing kids who want to make on the next level putting in the work and succeeding
Hound05 Wrote:Dang needing a 30 on the ACT?!! That must be one tough school to get in. Best wishes for the kid. Always like seeing kids who want to make on the next level putting in the work and succeeding

LOL....yeah. The school in St. Louis is pretty tough to get into. I know two kids that did get in though. One had a 33 and the other had a 30 on the ACT. Went on to become engineers in life. They played football with several that were to become doctors. The work is hard but the payoff is big.
Rhodes University contacted my son. That's a school on par with some of the best Universities. Not sure he has a prayer getting in academically. 😆
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Rhodes University contacted my son. That's a school on par with some of the best Universities. Not sure he has a prayer getting in academically. 😆

Glad to hear that! Good luck to you all!
Threads like this make this old man happy.
Rhodes is the University in Memphis that I contacted. I think it is possible with a 25 or 26 ACT. VERY possible for your 3.95 GPA son. The more he takes the ACT, the better he is prepared for the ACT. Eventually he will get a test that he rings up all the sections at the same time and gets a high score. May take three or four attempts. It's just like having your dream football game where everything goes right. He can do it! Good luck!
Jackson Purchase Wrote:This board is the BEST.
The PEOPLE on this board (especially this thread) are the best!!!

FootballFan1999 Wrote:Threads like this make this old man happy.
This old woman, too!!
I love to see kids succeed. I don't care if they are from my own children's most bitter high school rival. I want for them to live successfully. The whole point of going to college is not to play football, it's to get the degree to get the good job. The football should just be the fun part about it and a kid with football skills should use those skills and talent to get into the good school. Might be a school that without the football skills they would have had less of chance to get into to. I wish the boy the best. Now he has a look, he has to do the work to get the scores to get into the school. If that happens, then the reality of the fact that there is not many free rides will set in. DIII schools don't give athletic scholarships, but, these private schools can come up with some mighty fine academic scholarships that might pay the lion's share of the cost. It depends on need and parental income. If parental income is less than $65,000 annually(two parents), a lot of the schools along the line of Ivy League schools, Washington University in St. Louis and perhaps even Rhodes will reduce tuition costs to near nil. A family that has an income of around $85,000 may have to pay about $10,000 annually. I don't know what UK or UL costs annually, but, it will probably put the elite schools on par with going to the large public schools. The reputation of the elite schools will often propel the kid to the top of the hiring pool when being considered for employment versus the public school...so.....
Like I said before, it is now up to the boy to hold up his end by continuing the good grades/achieving the scores and then the parents to figure out how to pay for it.
He can do it and so can the parents if they set their minds to it.
Applications for these top schools are currently going on for these kids. To increase his odds of getting in, some schools have Early decision/Early choice and the applications come due near the end of October/mid November. You need to check on this. It increases the chances of getting into the better colleges by nearly doubling them. But, a kid will be legally bound to attend that college if accepted in some cases, so do your homework.
Good luck and I'm glad he has the opportunity!

P.S. Remember, even if the kid gets a scholarship to a public university, there are certain GPA limitations they are allowed to keep the scholarship. I think that UK has a 3.7 or 3.75 GPA limitation. If a kid EVER gets below that GPA in one semester, the entire scholarship is GONE forever. They don't get them back even if they bring it back above that mark. Private schools like Rhodes and Wash. U. do NOT have those bottom limits set in stone. It's a big deal and a relieves a lot of pressure from a kid.
BTW...LOL...of all my yammering on here, I forgot to say that your boys looks VERY impressive in his HUDL highlight films. He has a nice touch and ball placement and he is also benefiting from exceptional blocking by his line. Tell him NEVER forget his linemen. Especially that center.
You can PM me if you need any more information. I know I wrote a book. I'm like that, sorry.
Granny Bear Wrote:The PEOPLE on this board (especially this thread) are the best!!!

This old woman, too!!

You are just pretending you are old! ; )
^
:loveya:
Love you too ma'am!
How many years left? Paintsville is always looking to upgrade the roster lol
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Just a game night update:
https://twitter.com/EricChumbler/status/...10976?s=09

https://twitter.com/EricChumbler/status/...97888?s=09

https://twitter.com/EricChumbler/status/...40416?s=09

His deep ball has great touch. Liked the last clip where he manages the pocket and doesn’t panic under pressure!
Whoever got Kansas NAIA schools to start contacting us.....Thank You
Anyone feel like helping out with another player? I’ve got a 6’3, 215 lb. defensive end from Bardstown, 3 year two-way (Ironman) starter, bench 300, squat 425, 5.0 electronic-timed 40, 4.3 GPA, all AP curriculum, top-ranked student at school, Governor’s Scholar, 34 ACT, 1520 SAT, 5th Region Fall student-athlete of the year, also 2-time state qualifier at 220 lb. weight class and Captain of wrestling team, and starting right fielder and homerun leader for baseball team. Wants to play in college but all this stuff is new to us. Any help appreciated in advance.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Anyone feel like helping out with another player? I’ve got a 6’3, 215 lb. defensive end from Bardstown, 3 year two-way (Ironman) starter, bench 300, squat 425, 5.0 electronic-timed 40, 4.3 GPA, all AP curriculum, top-ranked student at school, Governor’s Scholar, 34 ACT, 1520 SAT, 5th Region Fall student-athlete of the year, also 2-time state qualifier at 220 lb. weight class and Captain of wrestling team, and starting right fielder and homerun leader for baseball team. Wants to play in college but all this stuff is new to us. Any help appreciated in advance.

Dag on, he should be able to college ball base solely on his academics. That’s a bright young man and will do well in life! I wish him the best and see if these fine people can’t help you out!
I'm working midnight shifts, but, I'll give out a few hollers Monday after some sleep. Sounds like the kids ticket out to be punches.
I have sent you a PM.

Lord Grantham Wrote:Anyone feel like helping out with another player? I’ve got a 6’3, 215 lb. defensive end from Bardstown, 3 year two-way (Ironman) starter, bench 300, squat 425, 5.0 electronic-timed 40, 4.3 GPA, all AP curriculum, top-ranked student at school, Governor’s Scholar, 34 ACT, 1520 SAT, 5th Region Fall student-athlete of the year, also 2-time state qualifier at 220 lb. weight class and Captain of wrestling team, and starting right fielder and homerun leader for baseball team. Wants to play in college but all this stuff is new to us. Any help appreciated in advance.
Pages: 1 2