Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Rivals Class 1A Rankings 10-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsvile
3. Newport Central Catholic
4. Hazard
5. Raceland
6. Campbellsville
7. Williamsburg
8. Kentucky Country Day
9. Crittenden County
10. Holy Cross Louisville

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
#1 in RPI is only #8. Pikeville vs Hazard and Raceland vs Paintsville will shed some light on 1A.
Raceland moving back up in the rankings :Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Raceland is a contender to dance at Kroger Field
The 1A championship goes through Pikeville any way you cut it. Certainly a win this week against Hazard would make it easier on the Panthers. Curious to see how the Raceland/Paintsville game goes.
No matter what the rpi and even the AP polls say, I think these Forum rankings are the most accurate. More people are seeing these teams play and not just going by game results. I think Pikeville is the clear number 1 now. But 2-6 can be shaken up any way u want. Throw records out the window. Not much separates Raceland, Paintsville, Pikeville, Hazard, NCC, and Williamsburg. Two of these teams will be at Kroger field. If it's someone else I will be shocked. Ans I think any of these teams can beat each other on any given night. Ita goina be a fun november!!
Couldn’t agree more with Scotty-Bronson. These teams know each other so well except Williamsburg. Going to be interesting 2 weeks with Pikeville and Hazard this week and I think Raceland and Paintsville next week. Still don’t care how you rank them and it seems as to who wins the first match up loses the second game in the playoffs when it counts. Always tuff in the 606 when these teams play each other, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
How does Holy Cross remain ahead of Bethlehem, who just beat them?
Eminence just beat Frankfort by 30+... They should be knocking on the door at the very least.
Frankfort is down this year. Not putting a lot of stock in that game. Frankfort quit the night I saw them.
I look for NCC to surprise some people.
NCC is always good. Only surprised if you don't pay attention to Northern Ky football.
Hambley Wrote:The 1A championship goes through Pikeville any way you cut it. Certainly a win this week against Hazard would make it easier on the Panthers. Curious to see how the Raceland/Paintsville game goes.

Well I agree that Pikeville is the favorite and they SHOULD be home throughout the playoffs.

Paintsville/ Raceland game: physical. Raceland will struggle to run the ball and Paintsville will have to be balanced to score.
Raceland will struggle to run the ball all year, unless they stay creative. This aint your typical run first and grind teams put type of Raceland team.
Williamsburg not getting enough love. Ponder gives them a chance in any game.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Williamsburg not getting enough love. Ponder gives them a chance in any game.

They aren’t being given love because of their past performances on the big stage with this current roster.
With record vs "good" teams.

1. Pikeville 5-0
2. Paintsvile 3-2
3. Newport Central Catholic 0-2
4. Hazard 2-2
5. Raceland 1-3
6. Campbellsville 0-2
7. Williamsburg 0-2
8. Kentucky Country Day 0-0
9. Crittenden County 0-2
10. Holy Cross Louisville 0-2

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.