Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Bath County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game looks to be the battle for the 4 seed in District 8. I'll go with Bath County by 8 but this game could easily go either way.
Bath by 16
Bath by 14
P’burg by 2 TDs
Prestonsburg probably runs it up.
PBurg by 2 TDs
Bath only gave up 8 points last week, but they were very undisciplined on defense. East ridge had success with the counters and reverses. If Pburg takes advantage of baths lack of discipline then they’re in the playoffs. However if comes out with the same spread attack offense (executed better obviously) then they will get the 4th spot. Looking forward to this game
Going to find out who wants it more.

I couldn’t tell you the last time Prestonsburg missed the playoffs. I’m hopeful they’ll pull this out.

Best of luck to both teams and Go Blackcats!!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Going to find out who wants it more.

I couldn’t tell you the last time Prestonsburg missed the playoffs. I’m hopeful they’ll pull this out.

Best of luck to both teams and Go Blackcats!!!

I honestly thought about this and I couldn't remember a time in my life that we didn't play in the postseason.

Riherds/KHSAA goes back to 98, and obviously we have been in the playoffs every year listed.

Maybe someone a few years older than us could answer, but I think we are about the only two who support PBurg on these forums anymore.
This is a big game for both teams. The loser will most likely be the five seed in the district, which means, not making the playoffs. I think the Blackcats are getting better with each passing week and they very well could be the better team of the two. With that being said, Bath County is at home and the home field advantage could give them the upper hand. In the end, I believe Coach Brewer and the Blackcats will leave Bath County with a victory. Prestonsburg wins, 21-14.
Bath Co leads 6-0 at the half.

Prestonsburg offense cannot get going.
Bath got the win 19-6. Puts them at .500 for the season. With overall poor coaching along with Poynter’s controversial decisions in play calling and his overall bullish style of coaching, I do not see another W for them this season. Difficult to watch and hate it for the players....
ScoutTeam Wrote:Bath got the win 19-6. Puts them at .500 for the season. With overall poor coaching along with Poynter’s controversial decisions in play calling and his overall bullish style of coaching, I do not see another W for them this season. Difficult to watch and hate it for the players....

With the way they were running on inside zones, idk why they abandoned that to try to pass when they were winning.

I’m glad though, it certainly gave us a chance!
ScoutTeam Wrote:Bath got the win 19-6. Puts them at .500 for the season. With overall poor coaching along with Poynter’s controversial decisions in play calling and his overall bullish style of coaching, I do not see another W for them this season. Difficult to watch and hate it for the players....

Alright I’ll say it:

Poynter may not be the best coach in the state of Kentucky, but you all could do a lot worse than him. I’ve watched you guys play multiple games this year. Bath County has no real talent at the skill positions. I don’t know what your deal with Johnny is but you need to understand that Prestonsburg should have beat you guys by a few scores, Johnny has done a heck of a job adapting to what talent hasn’t been hurt for him this year. They’ve even went to a spread look you all wanted so bad.

You all could do much worse than Johnny. You all have battled injuries all year, on a team that wasn’t already like super talented.

Congrats on the win Bath County, think with a Martin Co win this week Bath is in the playoffs.
Got to give the devil his due. Only good thing poynter has done since he’s been at bath was going to spread a few weeks ago. It’s nice to see bath gets its last win of the season.
I will say I glad to see Bath try to open things up a little more by spreading the field. It allows both a better passing game and a better running game by opening up some lanes. I enjoyed watching the game for the first time this season.