Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County @ West Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts? Predictions? I'll take my Comets by 6...
How healthy are both teams? Sparks saw very limited action for MC against SV. Cline didn’t play against pburg.
I may never pick Martin County again after last week in pick’em contest :popcorn:
West carter 49
Martin County 13
Burner Wrote:How healthy are both teams? Sparks saw very limited action for MC against SV. Cline didn’t play against pburg.

I have the same question
If Cline plays, I think West Carter is the overwhelming favorite.

Even without him, and playing at home; I think West Carter has the edge.
Comets win 37-6
So Comets are district champs?
KYHSFB Wrote:So Comets are district champs?

District championship game is played for round 2 of the playoffs with the new format I believe
Congrats Comets!
WestCarterComet Wrote:District championship game is played for round 2 of the playoffs with the new format I believe

I'm not sure, but that doesn't sound right. Even with the new RPI system, the district champions will be crowned before the playoffs start, not at the end of the 2nd round.

Did I read your post wrong or are you saying the district champion won't be crowned until after the 2nd round of the playoffs? If that's what your saying, and are correct, then I'm more lost on this new system then what I thought.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm not sure, but that doesn't sound right. Even with the new RPI system, the district champions will be crowned before the playoffs start, not at the end of the 2nd round.

Did I read your post wrong or are you saying the district champion won't be crowned until after the 2nd round of the playoffs? If that's what your saying, and are correct, then I'm more lost on this new system then what I thought.

The first two rounds are district games so I thought they wouldn’t have the district champion until the district games in the playoffs were over but I could be wrong.
WestCarterComet Wrote:The first two rounds are district games so I thought they wouldn’t have the district champion until the district games in the playoffs were over but I could be wrong.

I think the district champ will be crowned the same, at the end of the season. And that's what they'll use for seeding. Who knows! 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:I think the district champ will be crowned the same, at the end of the season. And that's what they'll use for seeding. Who knows! 😂

This new format has me really confused anyhow. If this was the district championship then great! Congratulations to my Comets regardless! Now on to East Ridge…
WestCarterComet Wrote:This new format has me really confused anyhow. If this was the district championship then great! Congratulations to my Comets regardless! Now on to East Ridge…

Technically they are regular season district champs and locked the 1 seed up come playoff time
CardinalAlum Wrote:Technically they are regular season district champs and locked the 1 seed up come playoff time

Does that mean the 2nd round playoff game is the post season district championship?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Does that mean the 2nd round playoff game is the post season district championship?

The district champion is crowned same as before. The first two rounds of the playoffs are just district matchups. Has nothing to do with deciding the district champ. It will have already been decided by the end of the regular season.
Comets having a nice season
WestCarterComet Wrote:Does that mean the 2nd round playoff game is the post season district championship?
Yes, the district championship trophy will be presented after the 2nd round of the playoffs.