Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57th District, Dominate in the years to come...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Lawrence County moving into the 57th District next year, woudln't you think that this will be the most dominate district in the surrounding regions. You will have Paintsville who has a baseball rich tradition and is always a top contender, JC who is building their program back up and is always (usually) a contender, SC who as of late has produced some darn good teams and players, good baseball program in the making over there, and now Lawrence County, great tradition over in Louisa, one of the best coaches in the state (Randy Keeton) who always produces a contender and great players, will join the greatest coach ever in the 15th Region, Charlie Adkins.

What is everyone's thoughts?
That will no doubt be a great district, but I say Pikeville will have a big say in how much the 57th district dominates the region.
you got that right PHSFAN
"PHSFAN" Wrote:That will no doubt be a great district, but I say Pikeville will have a big say in how much the 57th district dominates the region.

I thought I put the in there, I meant to. You're right though, other than the 57th district teams, Pikeville is the only one that will contend for the region championship, it will be a knock-down-drag-out every year, but only two of the teams from th 57th will make it to region, so you are looking at an awesome district tourney.
Agreed Bill_Don, the 57th district will be extremely tough for MANY years to come with the addition of Lawrence Co. I also think Pikeville will be the only one to compete with that district for the regional crown.
I agree with you guys. The 57th is going to be the toughest district. With Lawrence, Paintsville, JC, and Sheldon Clark you got 4 good programs. Pikeville will continue to be near the top of the region as usual, and as of right now they are the only team I can think of outside of the 57th that will be able to be at the top of the region. I would keep an eye out on Belfry, espically with the new facilities they are getting. East Ridge and Pike Central both have potential to have good programs in the future, and Shelby Valley could also if they put any emphasis on the sport.
Maybe the toughest district in the state... that'd be like 4 top 50 teams making up one district.