Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland@ Russell 10/18/2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of 2 matchups more then likely. Thoughts? Predictions? Russell looks to be hitting on all cylinders. Ashland limps In banged up and a less then impressive win over East. 2 very stingy D’s should keep this game close. I think this will make the game low scoring with big plays and turnovers deciding this one. This series has been all Tomcats recently with Ashland winning 12 of the last 13 I believe.
Can a mod add a poll?
I’ll take Russell by 7
It will be interesting to see if Russell has any mental block about this game after being dominated by Ashland the last few years. I hope they come out hungry and play up to their potential.

Russell- 28
Ashland-20
Ashland has played a better schedule and it’s not even close. 2 common opponents Ironton beat Russell 10-0, Ashland won 16-10 in OT. Raceland Russell shut out 41-0 Ashland shut out 26-0. Get there early if you want a seat. :popcorn:
Last season only matchup 41-0 Tomcats!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Can a mod add a poll?

I'm trying!!! I'll get it done if I can't do it myself. Promise!!!

T-Cats, please add a date when you start a thread.
Thank you!!
Thank You Granny Bear.
I did it!!!

I was so keyed up when I came on here, I couldn't concentrate. Just watched SC and Georgia's field goal kickers sink both programs in double OT!!!

Confusednicker:
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland has played a better schedule and it’s not even close. 2 common opponents Ironton beat Russell 10-0, Ashland won 16-10 in OT. Raceland Russell shut out 41-0 Ashland shut out 26-0. Get there early if you want a seat. :popcorn:
Last season only matchup 41-0 Tomcats!
Yes sir. Playing the best mediocre 1A schools in the state has really gotten them ready to hunt for bear...:Clap::Clap::Clap:
Going with Russell defense this one. :popcorn:

Russell 20
Ashland 14
Bob Seger Wrote:Yes sir. Playing the best mediocre 1A schools in the state has really gotten them ready to hunt for bear...:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Who you callin mediocre joker!
This is going to be a great game. Either one of these teams could be considered a sleeper pick to win class 3A this year. The only difference I see in this one is that Ashland has more depth. Russell's leading rusher, junior Nathan Conley, is also their leading tackler. Make the game difficult for Conley and you make the game difficult for the Devils. He's a great football player, but it's a lot to ask when you are facing talented fresh legs on the other side of the ball all evening long.
This one will be the first of two this year for Ashland and Russell. I believe the Tomcats are a better team but I also think that Russell is very good. I’m going with Ashland in a close one 22-21
Russell will need to pass enough to keep Ashland honest. I have to go with Ashland 21-14 until Russell proves they can beat Ashland. Russell hasn't beat Ashland since 2014. I hope Russell can prove me wrong.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Who you callin mediocre joker!

Just repeatin those awesome sentiments of T-CATS and The Prideful One..If you are offended, there Mr. NotsoBADCAT wannabee, get mad at them, not me. Aint it cute how the little rascals are now alikin your posts after all that big trash talkin.:popcorn:
If Russell can contain the big plays from Hester & Pittman they can win.
Russell by 1 over the Kittens.
Would loved to watched this game :popcorn:
You will be able to view this game online on Facebook.. on hank bond Facebook.. or might be able to view on greenup beacon website.
I’m taking Russell at home in a very close game.
If you go to the Greenup beacon website it takes you to https://www.facebook.com/greenup.beacon where the game will be shown.
Special teams and turnovers will more than likely determine the outcome. I don’t think Russell punted 1 time against Greenup County. That won’t be the case against t-cats....and devils lack a consistent punter. Can’t give t-cat offense short fields. Russell D is strong ....but Ashland backs can bust long runs if you don’t tackle well or fall asleep. I’m a defense guy...soooooo Devils xx - tcats xx -1:popcorn:
Gabe Floyd gives Russell the best chance in the punting game.
Russell head coach T.J. Maynard and Ashland head coach Tony Love will be on Mytowntv's cross section show from 7-8 pm on 10/16 to preview the big game between Russell and Ashland.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyTownTV/videos/
Is this the most important game in NEKY in recent memory? I don’t consider JC as NEKY btw.

This game has the potential to send a team to the state finals. Don’t think either teams offenses are complete enough, but they’re contenders I believe.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Gabe Floyd gives Russell the best chance in the punting game.

Agree.....but placekicking is his strength... punting...not so much. Hopefully they have improved in punt game. Wilburn was a weapon last year... when Devils were forced to punt.
RPI is a joke. Ashland blanks Raceland 26-0 and behind them in RPI. Ashland has the same record as Russell but Russell’s RPI is 2/10s better. Out of state teams only counting as.500 and Ashland playing 3 out of state teams already with a 4th to end the season hurting that number. Back to the game Gregg Ashland’s QB is questionable with a ankle issue.
Should be a dandy in front of a packed house. Does both teams keep it simple with another matchup looming with much more at stake?
RHS Wrote:Should be a dandy in front of a packed house. Does both teams keep it simple with another matchup looming with much more at stake?

Think you play for a home playoff game in this one. Ashland is going to be tough to beat. Them boys hit!
T-CATS Wrote:RPI is a joke. Ashland blanks Raceland 26-0 and behind them in RPI. Ashland has the same record as Russell but Russell’s RPI is 2/10s better. Out of state teams only counting as.500 and Ashland playing 3 out of state teams already with a 4th to end the season hurting that number. Back to the game Gregg Ashland’s QB is questionable with a ankle issue.
Stop dodging good teams and you wont have to boo hoo hoo.
I think the Devils take advantage of playing at home and pulls out the win...

Russell 24
Ashland 20
Pages: 1 2