Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 48 Lawrence Co. 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Buckley's creek
Congratulations to Pike Central
Nice! Congrats Hawks.
Sounds like a dandy. How did the freshman RB do for the Hawks?
Anderson was a load. LC couldn’t stop him in the second half. He and Hunt just gashed the defense. Hawks were better up front and this overshadowed good performances from Gillispie and Fletcher for LC.
Probably a preview of the playoff game in first week of postseason.
That Anderson kid is going to be a name to keep up with for years to come.
Tough year for Lawrence. I know there were some high expectations for them by some on here early in the preseason. What’s happened to them? Injuries?
There are always high expectations at LC but bottom line they have a very young team and lost most of the experienced players they did have coming into the season with several quitting. This has been a turbulent season but we have a lot of good young players and more coming up in the next few years so they should be fine.
Congrats to Hawks. They are having a nice season.
Bulldogs’ leaders are juniors and their talent besides Gillispie are frosh and 8th. Best football - if everyone stays together - is probably 1 or 2 years ahead.

Anderson is a very nice back and PC’s execution was just really sharp. They got away with a lot of edge holds - especially on the final TD by Anderson - but LC was beat either way and the difference really was at the LoS.
Hawks earned the win legit.
dbcooper Wrote:Bulldogs’ leaders are juniors and their talent besides Gillispie are frosh and 8th. Best football - if everyone stays together - is probably 1 or 2 years ahead.

Anderson is a very nice back and PC’s execution was just really sharp. They got away with a lot of edge holds - especially on the final TD by Anderson - but LC was beat either way and the difference really was at the LoS.
Hawks earned the win legit.

There’s a sophomore or 2 that would probably take exception to this post. But your right the next 2 years are going to be fun for LC and their fans.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:There’s a sophomore or 2 that would probably take exception to this post. But your right the next 2 years are going to be fun for LC and their fans.

Looks like there’s only just one that should take exception to it. Their leading tackler on the season is sophomore Alex Strickland. The rest of their contributors according to the stats are juniors. I’m not seeing any other sophomores on the stats that are contributing unless you’re talking about offensive lineman.

Also if the freshman and 8th grade classes are as good as what was posted the next 4 years should be good in Louisa not just the next two.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Looks like there’s only just one that should take exception to it. Their leading tackler on the season is sophomore Alex Strickland. The rest of their contributors according to the stats are juniors. I’m not seeing any other sophomores on the stats that are contributing unless you’re talking about offensive lineman.

Also if the freshman and 8th grade classes are as good as what was posted the next 4 years should be good in Louisa not just the next two.

I’d guess he has sophomore player that wasn’t mentioned.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Looks like there’s only just one that should take exception to it. Their leading tackler on the season is sophomore Alex Strickland. The rest of their contributors according to the stats are juniors. I’m not seeing any other sophomores on the stats that are contributing unless you’re talking about offensive lineman.

Alex Strickland is going to be a Star at LC. LC has some young lineman playing and working their tails off who are getting better everyday. To say the sophomore and senior class aren’t contribute anything is like slapping these kids in the face and a absolute lie.

Quick question? Apparently I don’t know what contributing to a team is.
55 rushes(3rd on team) for 412 yards(2nd on team) and a 7.4(2nd) avg per carry on the season isn’t contributing?
12 rushes for 172 yards and a 14 avg. per carry last night which is the most Pike Central has given up all year isn’t contributing? Not to mention last night playing defensive end (which was his first game playing defense) and making close to double digit tackles while not coming off the field isn’t contributing? Some grown adults on this board hates to give kids the respect they deserve and I just don't understand why.

I mean, I must not know what the word contribute means.

Also if you ask the coaches and players who are the leaders on this team a certain sophomore’s name would be one of the first names they say.
Pike Centrals Anderson is the real deal. He has a chance to be really special.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Alex Strickland is going to be a Star at LC. LC has some young lineman playing and working their tails off who are getting better everyday. To say the sophomore and senior class aren’t contribute anything is like slapping these kids in the face and a absolute lie.

Quick question? Apparently I don’t know what contributing to a team is.
55 rushes(3rd on team) for 412 yards(2nd on team) and a 7.4(2nd) avg per carry on the season isn’t contributing?
12 rushes for 172 yards and a 14 avg. per carry last night which is the most Pike Central has given up all year isn’t contributing? Not to mention last night playing defensive end (which was his first game playing defense) and making close to double digit tackles while not coming off the field isn’t contributing? Some grown adults on this board hates to give kids the respect they deserve and I just don't understand why.

I mean, I must not know what the word contribute means.

Also if you ask the coaches and players who are the leaders on this team a certain sophomore’s name would be one of the first names they say.
I must have missed the player that you are referring to and I’m sorry for it. When I checked the stats today, last nights game hadn’t been posted yet. I was only going by the stats that the Lawrence County staff submits to the KHSAA when I made mention of the contributors on this Lawrence County team. So if I missed someone I’m sorry.
It was one of your own fans that said this “Bulldogs’ leaders are juniors and their talent besides Gillispie are frosh and 8th. Best football - if everyone stays together - is probably 1 or 2 years ahead.”
I didn’t say the sophomores and seniors wasn’t contributing to the team I was just going by the stats and obviously I missed one You need to lighten up and enjoy your or your kids high school years and quit getting all bent out of shape when you or your family member doesn’t get mentioned on a message board. I bet you’re really popular around the Louisa folks. Lord help them if you’re around multiple teams.
I also think LC has a couple All Area O linemen who would be considered leaders on the team.
Redneck Wrote:Sounds like a dandy. How did the freshman RB do for the Hawks?

25 carries, 241 yards & 2 TD's.

I thought going in that he might have some trouble this week, but he proved me wrong.

Baden Gillespie is one of the shiftiest players to play the game, he was so difficult to tackle.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:25 carries, 241 yards & 2 TD's.

I thought going in that he might have some trouble this week, but he proved me wrong.

Baden Gillespie is one of the shiftiest players to play the game, he was so difficult to tackle.
Should’ve played QB last year and west at RB
Referring to me as if I don’t respect kids’ contributions is a reflection of two things: 1) ya don’t really know me. 2) Sometimes social media posts don’t convey the sense like it was intended.
My statement was about the BULK of the talent. I know about Strickland AND Fletcher. Both are nice players who stand out in a comparatively thin class relative to the ones behind them. There’s a nice lineman or two developing in the soph bunch. As a whole, though, the freshman and middle group has more talent.
That’s all that was meant. Didn’t mean to get daddies or mommies knickers in a twist and imply there are no other contributors.
Besides, personally, I think championships are won more with “contributors” than stars anyway. Players who know and fill their roles well will carry you into playoff runs.
So, my bad to whomever was unintentionally insulted.
P.S. Fletcher and Strickland BOTH could blow up into legit HS football stars.