Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Perry Central (10/11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Golden Eagles travel south this Friday night for a district match up against the Commodores.... but there won't be any "Brick houses" left standing when the game is over.

JC leads the All-Time series, 5-1.
1999 Johnson Central 57-46
2000 Johnson Central 72-0
(This is the largest margin of victory in JC's history.)
2011 Perry Central 35-27
2012 Johnson Central 44-36
2013 Johnson Central 53-7

2014 Johnson Central 57-12
Johnson by 40. Perry is terrible. This has to be the worst football team Perry has ever had.
clevland Wrote:Johnson by 40. Perry is terrible. This has to be the worst football team Perry has ever had.

Low numbers?
Low talent pool?
Can't keep talented players in the program?
Johnson Central wins big
Johnson Central by how ever much they want but just to throw some numbers at the game
JC-56
PCC- 14 but one is on the JC’s jv team
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Low numbers?
Low talent pool?
They are just bad. There defense gives up way too many points and there offense does not produce to compete at the 4A level.
JC names the score in this one...
JC rolls in this....unfortunately, won't help RPI much.
JC big. JC needs to get a couple of key guys healthy as they are a little banged up. This game should see plenty of snaps for some of the younger players. I also hope to see Matney continue to work on the passing game. This year they’ve got a senior QB and 3-4 tall wide receivers/tight ends so this has the potential to be one of the best passing teams JC has had in years.
Running clock in the first quarter maybe for JC in this one.
Mister D Wrote:JC big. JC needs to get a couple of key guys healthy as they are a little banged up. This game should see plenty of snaps for some of the younger players. I also hope to see Matney continue to work on the passing game. This year they’ve got a senior QB and 3-4 tall wide receivers/tight ends so this has the potential to be one of the best passing teams JC has had in years.

I know one thing, if that's true about JC working on a passing game and has the potential to have a good one, then they will be down right dangerous! Their already scary good. Their rushing game is almost unstoppable already. Throw in a passing game then their on the verge of being unbeatable. I honestly believe the Eagles are the only team in 4A as good as Boyle County.

As far as this game, I don't think the score will be anywhere close to guess at. Main thing for the Eagles is to get through this one without any injuries and get the backups some quality playing time.
Man, I hate to see Perry Central being down as much as they are this year. Hopefully, things get better over in Hazard. With that being said, I think it's quite possible for Johnson Central to hang a running clock on Perry around the end of the first quarter. I hope not, but it isn't looking good for Perry. Johnson Central wins 55-7.
Johnson Central 56
Perry Central 7
#55PirateFan Wrote:I know one thing, if that's true about JC working on a passing game and has the potential to have a good one, then they will be down right dangerous! Their already scary good. Their rushing game is almost unstoppable already. Throw in a passing game then their on the verge of being unbeatable. I honestly believe the Eagles are the only team in 4A as good as Boyle County.

As far as this game, I don't think the score will be anywhere close to guess at. Main thing for the Eagles is to get through this one without any injuries and get the backups some quality playing time.

A few penalties and the lack of a passing game is what cost JC the title last year. If we had a legitimate deep threat in the championship game. I think the outcome would have been different. No disrespect to Franklin-Simpson, they are the reigning champions and they were a great team last year for sure. Our passing game is looking better, each game. Boyle vs JC might end up being a legendary game...if it happens.
Old guy Wrote:A few penalties and the lack of a passing game is what cost JC the title last year. If we had a legitimate deep threat in the championship game. I think the outcome would have been different. No disrespect to Franklin-Simpson, they are the reigning champions and they were a great team last year for sure. Our passing game is looking better, each game. Boyle vs JC might end up being a legendary game...if it happens.

2015... Was a Top 10 Highlight reel style Flying Knee KO that South Warren landed right after the bell rang.
2016... Was a late 80's Mike Tyson style 2nd round KO win for JC.
2017... Was a Unanimous Decision win for FS.
2018... Was a Majority Draw that FS happen to win.

The 2015 loss doesn't bother me cause South Warren was like Anderson Silva during his 2006-2012 UFC title reign.
The 2017 loss doesn't bother me either cause FS was better.
The 2018 loss was like watching Park Si-Hun getting the 3-2 decision win over Roy Jones Jr. in the 1988 Seoul Olympics.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Low numbers?
Low talent pool?

This isn't the worst team in the school's history.
I've watched them go 0-10 and never be in position to win a game all year before.

They lost both the leading tackler in the state in Jake Brown and Jayden Neace who was on top of the scoring and rushing charts all year long on top of several other talented seniors. The numbers are insanely low for a school that size. They've lost their starting QB for the season. Right now, The middle school team has as many or more players suit up for games. It's just a rebuilding year. This has just been a rough year for Perry Central football, but they got a win last Friday and I'm sure they're looking to come out and compete this weekend.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2016... Was a late 80's Mike Tyson style 2nd round KO win for JC.
2017... Was a Unanimous Decision win for FS.
2018... Was a Majority Draw that FS happen to win.

The 2017 loss doesn't bother me cause FS was better.
The 2018 loss was like watching Park Si-Hun getting the 3-2 decision win over Roy Jones Jr. in the 1988 Seoul Olympics.

Very good summation.
This is by no means Perrys worst team of all time. I remember when Perry first consolidated, they were very bad. They were in the Lexington district though. I think this years Perry Central team is good. Just had a rough game at Pike Central. You have days like that sometimes. Played LCC to the wire, played Leslie close, had North Laurel beat.
I just hope Perry deosn't have any injuries. Not the same big line as last years team and some of them are injured or have had injuries. Who knows what will happen with the QB position. Maybe JC will play their jv and let their varsity rest, a win is a win, not going to look impressive to beat Perry however its done. Perry is in for some rebuilding years and I think it will take several years, not many players coming up with any experience at all. Seems like the middle school always has numbers, but they don't last throughout the high school program. Kids don't want to play for a losing program, but that's what it takes to build a winning program. The group of seniors last year were dedicate both on the field and off, all during the off season. They lived in the weightroom and strived to have a winning season and they accomplished that. Now it's time for this group to step up and try to save what's left of this season, but I don't think it will happen this week. Good luck Commodores and keep your heads up. The program may not turn around this year, but keep working.
Perry Central needs to start with a new head coach, maybe someone who can keep players there vs going to Hazard or other schools. I personally think someone like Jeremy Woolum could turn this program around. He has the personal connection and football knowledge to retain players and turn this program around.
Johnson - 48
Perry - 6
This one will be ugly quick.
PCCDORES Wrote:I just hope Perry deosn't have any injuries. Not the same big line as last years team and some of them are injured or have had injuries. Who knows what will happen with the QB position. Maybe JC will play their jv and let their varsity rest, a win is a win, not going to look impressive to beat Perry however its done. Perry is in for some rebuilding years and I think it will take several years, not many players coming up with any experience at all. Seems like the middle school always has numbers, but they don't last throughout the high school program. Kids don't want to play for a losing program, but that's what it takes to build a winning program. The group of seniors last year were dedicate both on the field and off, all during the off season. They lived in the weightroom and strived to have a winning season and they accomplished that. Now it's time for this group to step up and try to save what's left of this season, but I don't think it will happen this week. Good luck Commodores and keep your heads up. The program may not turn around this year, but keep working.

Thats exactly right. These kids need to just stick it out, keep working hard, make the sacrifices, be dedicated, and the winning will come. There's going to be tough times. But hang in there guys, keep supporting these youngsters. They need y'all now more than ever. They see you fans in the stands supporting them and that may be all the motivation they need to get this thing turned around.

I see so many times at games not but a handful of fans supporting their teams. There's so few that there's no way even the parents are all there. Seems like the first thing to go when a program is struggling is the support of family and fans. Like I said, that's when they need y'all the most. So get out and be there for them and show them you got their back no matter what! Not saying this is happening at P.C.C. but if it is, maybe y'all need to fix that before you start blaming the coaches and players. Just a thought. Good luck!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Thats exactly right. These kids need to just stick it out, keep working hard, make the sacrifices, be dedicated, and the winning will come. There's going to be tough times. But hang in there guys, keep supporting these youngsters. They need y'all now more than ever. They see you fans in the stands supporting them and that may be all the motivation they need to get this thing turned around.

I see so many times at games not but a handful of fans supporting their teams. There's so few that there's no way even the parents are all there. Seems like the first thing to go when a program is struggling is the support of family and fans. Like I said, that's when they need y'all the most. So get out and be there for them and show them you got their back no matter what! Not saying this is happening at P.C.C. but if it is, maybe y'all need to fix that before you start blaming the coaches and players. Just a thought. Good luck!

Couldn't agree more! A lot of parents are so quick to blame the coach, but he can only play the players he has!

Fairweather fans are a big problem at a lot of schools in EKY.
Tic tock
Absolutely right....thanks!!
What??? Ovie is a good coach and all programs have rebuilding years. It took them 2 years woth Larkey to have a winning season and a great season last year with Canady. Those players are gone now and they have to rebuild. Very few players on this years team played much at all last year.