Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville @ Somerset Oct. 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who you like in this one.
IMO

Jumpers - 48
Ads - 14
Bunnies roll, running clock before halftime or early in the 3rd quarter.
Somerset 49
Danville 13
Watched Danville play twice already this year including the hazard game and this could get ugly quick.
Jumpers-42
Ads-7
Bunnies be rolling in this one but many prayers from the bobcat family for the youngin who got hurt last week.
Somerset big
Get your licks in while you can, the future will be bright for the Ads, those who think this is more than that are mistaken
I think Somerset comes out and takes care of business. Somerset 40-14.
Jumpers are for real. Danville is not. Somerset wins big 49- 7
Somerset must have another back step up. I think they will 35-14.
Interested to see what the all time series is between these two teams. Can anyone get this information?
The Jumpers 46-7
Somerset wins 42-20. Danville is nowhere near what it was a few years ago.
Spud6 Wrote:Interested to see what the all time series is between these two teams. Can anyone get this information?

I'll try to see if I can put it all together but this is one of the oldest series in Kentucky high school football.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'll try to see if I can put it all together but this is one of the oldest series in Kentucky high school football.

That’s what I was thinking. When I was in school Somerset and Danville was 1A and 1B so I figured it was a big rivalry or it to each teams folks?
RoShamBo Wrote:I'll try to see if I can put it all together but this is one of the oldest series in Kentucky high school football.

Before 1959 Danville used to consistently play Somerset and Corbin.

In the playoff era the two fought some battles in the early 70's when both were in AA.

During the 80's I recall the two hooking up at least 3 or 4 times in the State Semi-Finals of AA. :Thumbs:
I'll take, and root for the Jumpers in this one.
Sheron and the Briar Jumpers will be too much for the Ads this year.

Somerset 42
Danville 14
Hatz Wrote:Before 1959 Danville used to consistently play Somerset and Corbin.

In the playoff era the two fought some battles in the early 70's when both were in AA.

During the 80's I recall the two hooking up at least 3 or 4 times in the State Semi-Finals of AA. :Thumbs:

The game just doesn't feel the same as a fan as it used to, but I still see Danville as our biggest rival. I doubt they feel the same about us anymore though.
Somerset wins but I don't see a running clock. Danville's Clay Clevenger is 6-2 against Somerset Robbie Lucas, with both of Lucas's wins coming last year. Somerset 38/7.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Somerset wins but I don't see a running clock. Danville's Clay Clevenger is 6-2 against Somerset Robbie Lucas, with both of Lucas's wins coming last year. Somerset 38/7.

I picked 40-14, but I agree. I think Danville will have a hard time stopping Somerset but I don't think they'll jump out 21-0 after a quarter or anything. I think it'll be a slowly pulling away type game similar to the Williamsburg game. The score of the Danville/Hazard game shows they can compete--and they are well coached. If this weren't Danville I could see it as a trap game where the Briar Jumpers are looking ahead to LCA. But there's a healthy rivalry between these two programs and I think Somerset will be focused. If that's the case they're just better this year.
Somerset limps into this game after the loss of Miller ( he was a quality back) I don't think so. Somerset still has 2 quality backs + 2 Fr. backs that are pretty good. This Somerset team is still a very good football team, with enough fire power to beat anyone on their schedule or in play-offs. Somerset wins 42-14
Somerset 27
Danville 14
Jumpers 36 Ads 21
Bunnies by 24. Miller would have started the clock early
Briar Jumpers win it 42-13.
Interesting to see how Bunnies change offense without Miller. He was a horse.