Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley @ Martin County 10/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game will have a huge impact on the 2A District 8 playoff picture. Martin County is 5-1(2-0) with a loss to Harlan County and Shelby Valley is 5-2 (1-1) with losses to Ridgeview VA and West Carter. I'll take Shelby Valley by 14.
Have you even seen the Cards play? Interested in why you are picking the Wildcats by 14
I’ll take the home team. Cardinal defense is smothering. They should have their starting backfield healthy this week.
MC 27
SV 14
Cardinals ride Wrote:Have you even seen the Cards play? Interested in why you are picking the Wildcats by 14

No I haven’t but I have seen Shelby Valley play and they are one very physical ball team. I just don’t see anyone stopping Dalton Meade behind that big Shelby Valley offensive line.
Gotcha...
Cardinals ride Wrote:Gotcha...

Picking Valley by 14 was just a wild guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if this game was closer though depending on how healthy Martin County is.
The Angry Birds of Martin County will have the home field advantage at the ROCK.
This will be a great game but the Cards win this one by 14.
Martin County defense maybe a little better than Shelby. Just saying :HitWall:

Martin County 28
Shelby Valley 21
I've not watched Martin County play, so my opinion doesn't count for much.

I'll still take Valley in this one. They really use their size to their advantage
Will Martin County have all their starters back?
Shelby Valley is much better than Martin
Martin Co..
Shelby valley is only slightly better than MCHS. Wildcats by 7. It'll be a good game either way and wouldn't be surprised if the cards walk away with a win.
KYHSFB Wrote:Shelby Valley is much better than Martin

It was told that Shelby Valley was much better than West Carter as well. What was they score of that game again? Whichever team wants it more that night will be the team to walk away with the W.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:It was told that Shelby Valley was much better than West Carter as well. What was they score of that game again? Whichever team wants it more that night will be the team to walk away with the W.

That’s because you were told wrong.

Martin is closer to Prestonsburg than they are SV/West Carter
Martin Co is alot better then PBurg hate to bust your bubble this friday will be a good game between SV/MC
KYHSFB Wrote:That’s because you were told wrong.

coach28 Wrote:Martin Co is alot better then PBurg hate to bust your bubble this friday will be a good game between SV/MC

Please leave Prestonsburg out of this, it hurts me so much that we are so down right now with my kid brother on the team. lol

I was lucky enough to be there from 07-10.

:please:

Wait what? 😂
CardinalAlum Wrote:Wait what? 😂

I guess we’ll fine out in the post game thread this week won’t we?
Glad to see the Cardinals playing good football again but I believe the Wildcats takes this one by 10+. I agree with WestCarterComet, with Meade behind that O-Line I just think SV will be to physical for Martin Co. But I could be dead wrong.
Martin County is improving, but I don't know if they are a district title contender yet. I hope they are a contender and pull off the upset, but I feel like Shelby Valley will be too much for the Cardinals in this matchup. Shelby Valley wins 42-28.
KYHSFB Wrote:I guess we’ll fine out in the post game thread this week won’t we?

Dude...KYHSFB is right....

MC to Prestonsburg is 27 miles
MC to Shelby Valley is 64 miles
MC to West Carter is 83 miles

But this year in 2A football, MC, SV and WC are close in talent and each game between these 3 will be great.
BallFan1952 Wrote:Dude...KYHSFB is right....

MC to Prestonsburg is 27 miles
MC to Shelby Valley is 64 miles
MC to West Carter is 83 miles

But this year in 2A football, MC, SV and WC are close in talent and each game between these 3 will be great.

I think the district championship game will almost definitely come down to 2 of these 3 teams. A lot of questions will be answered in Inez on Friday Night... My question for you would be have you actually gotten to see all 3 teams? I have seen Shelby Valley and West Carter but not Martin County yet so I’m definitely excited to watch Martin County come into town on Oct 18.
You are right about these 3 teams and Friday night game between MC and SV and it should be a great one.
Cards by 7
BallFan1952 Wrote:You are right about these 3 teams and Friday night game between MC and SV and it should be a great one.

:headphone

And it just got better.... if you know what I'm saying.
Pulp Fiction Wrote::headphone

And it just got better.... if you know what I'm saying.

How could it get any better?

Looks like you was right