Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: PreSeason 14th Region Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Hazard
2. Knott
3. PCC
4. Cordia
5. Wolfe
6. Letcher
7. Estill
8. Breathitt
9. Powell
10. Leslie

Who you got?
Perry one
1. Hazard
2. Cordia
3. Knott
4. Perry
5. Wolfe
6. Breathitt

Not sure how to rank the rest and a few of these could switch around, the only one I’m pretty sure on is Hazard being the team to beat this year!! Haven’t seen the new Commodores or Lions yet..so those could change, excited for season to start!! Should be a fun, interesting year!
Perry will obviously be ranked higher once season begins because they will get a transfer from somewhere or foster child which makes them automatically eligible. Nobody is going to win except Perry until they put a stop to this last minute transfer and using the foster care as a means to do it. It’s sad these kids are being used and they haven’t a clue.
Don’t believe that. Some of those kids get to graduate and live a life that they never would if they didn’t come in.
Uncontrollably laughing ^
You have no idea what some of these kids go through
And you have no idea what some of the local kids go through either.
Who does Perry have returning and what have they added? Hard for me to post a ranking when I don’t know what they have. Unless they have added a bunch I’m going

1. Hazard
2. PCC
3. Cordia
4. Wolfe
5. KCC
6. Estill
7. LCC
8. Breathitt
I agree. But to say the kids are being used is stupid. That means all college students are getting used. Or for that matter any student that moves in is being used, no matter the school they go to
Lets not even pretend that the kids that are brought in from other states and other countries to 14th region schools for any other reason that to help the basketball team at the school win. Its just silly to even suggest anything else, if they didn't play basketball, they wouldn't be transferring to PCC, Cordia etc, its just how it is - not sure what the solution could be, but I guess everyone just has to deal with it.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:And you have no idea what some of the local kids go through either.

I have a hard time believing the local Perry schools can’t produce enough talent for PCC to compete year in and year out.
It's funny that everyone still has Estill out of the top 5 and they return everyone from a year ago. The same players that were 4 points away from defeating Knott County Central in the regional tournament.
I haven't seen many teams lose 21 games and then get ranked in the top five the next year. They have to win some early to move that high.
I think Hazard, Perry, Knott, Cordia and Wolfe are the best five going into the season. Hazard at the top and the other four are mix-and-match IMO.

By the end of the year, I think Breathitt will move into the conversation.
Cordia's talent with Denny Fugate at the helm will be interesting, but still a question mark to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggling or thriving, but they're definitely a top team based on talent alone.
That's the same five I had.
Buckhorn looked good this summer. Cordia has talent and seniors. Estill, Letcher and Leslie could move up.
That’s exactly what all these colleges are doing. They are getting a free ride and majoring in communications..what is crap is communications..plus the colleges are making money off there name..so you are telling me they aren’t getting used lol
roundballer Wrote:1. Hazard
2. Cordia
3. Knott
4. Perry
5. Wolfe
6. Breathitt

Not sure how to rank the rest and a few of these could switch around, the only one I’m pretty sure on is Hazard being the team to beat this year!! Haven’t seen the new Commodores or Lions yet..so those could change, excited for season to start!! Should be a fun, interesting year!

I do not see Breathitt in the top 6. They have a couple of good athletes but I do not think the will have the PG to be a top 6 team.
Last night I heard Perry had a 6'10 kid coming from NY. Not how true that may be considering who the source was.
[Image: 3cpg6l.jpg] Bole ole Fatpat just got a text from a fellow Patriot brutha in Stanty and said bruh just seen this on the parkway heading toward the 14th! Negative wowza! Ole Fatpat done spoke with JT and he said what the h$#@ is going on in the mountains! Ole Fatpat said baby wez parting hard here waiting on opening day of Pat hysteria but the other opposing tater teams are bringing em in like when grammy calls for a homecooked meal for the reunion! #scratchingmyhead #nothingtoseeherefolks #immigrationstatusunknown More mash taters please!!!
HollerRat Wrote:Who does Perry have returning and what have they added? Hard for me to post a ranking when I don’t know what they have. Unless they have added a bunch I’m going

1. Hazard
2. PCC
3. Cordia
4. Wolfe
5. KCC
6. Estill
7. LCC
8. Breathitt
I hear the Higgins kid moved back to Knott County from New York and will help KCC.
Why do all these kids leave NY? So much more opportunities there and the state is so much prettier than KY.
I also heard Higgins, quick point guard, did move back to live with his mother after spending last year living with his father in New York. I was told his dad played ball At Louisville, Dads last name is not Higgins..That’s his mother’s last name, they told me what it was but can’t remember it at the moment..Kid has speed, but last I remember, be needed to gain some control..lots of turnovers
It’s so sad what Mountain Basketball has become. The pride of Mountain basketball for so many years was small communities following groups of kids from the time they are 8-9 years old through high school. That was when the stands were full and people actually cared about the kids playing. Now a lot of our high schools are using the 1 & done system and life long fans spend most of the year trying to learn the new kids names or have lost total interest in the team. Last years Perry Central crowd at Rupp was the smallest 14th region crowd I’ve ever seen. The fact that Perry played a kid for the 1st time ever in the regional tournament is embarrassing. Winning truly is all that matters I guess.
You must have been at the wrong place The game i watched had a large PCC Crowd that was very loud.
Hazard
Wolfe
Cordia
PCC
Breathitt
KCC
Estill
It’s sad to see the local kids done this way. As a PCC fan. That game at RUPP was awful. The kids that played all year should have been on the floor. You are right the fan base is extremely low for PCC.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:It’s so sad what Mountain Basketball has become. The pride of Mountain basketball for so many years was small communities following groups of kids from the time they are 8-9 years old through high school. That was when the stands were full and people actually cared about the kids playing. Now a lot of our high schools are using the 1 & done system and life long fans spend most of the year trying to learn the new kids names or have lost total interest in the team. Last years Perry Central crowd at Rupp was the smallest 14th region crowd I’ve ever seen. The fact that Perry played a kid for the 1st time ever in the regional tournament is embarrassing. Winning truly is all that matters I guess.

You must not have attended the state tournament game last year at rupp. There pep section easily had 300-400 people and that is a good size because their school only had around 900 kids. As far as the other fans I say they had just as much fans as any other team there besides the local teams. In the region championship game and district game you could not find a seat inside the gym.
Localboys Wrote:It’s sad to see the local kids done this way. As a PCC fan. That game at RUPP was awful. The kids that played all year should have been on the floor. You are right the fan base is extremely low for PCC.

What kid did not get to play in the state tournament that played the whole year?
Hey guys if you want to cheer for a bunch of AAU kids wearing a PCC uniform great go right ahead but for most true mountain basketball fans it’s not very fun. I remember the Perry teams that had Perry kids and those teams were a lot more fun to watch. Please tell me why Perry can’t win with kids from Perry County? I’m actually asking for a answer to that question, It blows my mind that PCC can’t find basketball players in their own school system to the point of having to play more kids that aren’t from Perry than that are.
Pages: 1 2 3